To cater to the increased demand of Metro Train Services due to ridership increase, Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has decided to increase the frequency of the services.
- Now the peak hour interval of the services has been reduced to 5 minutes instead of 7 minutes during 8 am to 10 am and from 4 pm to 7 pm from today (12.02.2021).
- During Non-Peak Hours, Chennai Metro Train Services will be available at 10 minutes interval from 5:30 am to 8:00 am, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- For balance services hours i.e. from 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm, the interval between the Metro Train services has been reduced to 15 minutes instead of 28 minutes.
- On Sundays and Government Public Holidays the frequency of Chennai Metro Train Services will be every 20 minutes without Peak Hour Services throughout the day.
- Passengers are requested to plan their journey accordingly.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Metro Railways Safety, Thiru Abhai Kumar Rai, CRS/S. Circle, Bangalore along with his team inspected at New Washermanpet and Toll gate Metro Station on 07-02-2021.
- Several Civil, Operations and System readiness and pier bearings were inspected in the Up-line and Downline.
- Train Operation Safety, Signalling was also inspected
- and reviewed the documents.
- The Train Testing along with Signal and Speed Trial upto maximum Operating speed of 80 kmph was also done from Washermenpet to Wimco Nagar on upline and downline.
- The Commissioner of Metro Railways Safety was accompanied by 3 Dy, CMRS, Thiru Pradeep Yadav, I.A.S, MD, CMRL with Thiru Rajeev Narayan Dwivedi, Director (Project), Thiru Rajesh Chaturvedi, Director (Systems & Operations) and other Senior Officials of CMRL.
Day 2 of CMRS inspection:
- On Day-2, the CMRS along with his team inspected from Wimco Nagar to Tollgate Metro on Upline and Down Line on 06-02-2021.
- During the inspection, the Commissioner and his team also inspected Wimco Nagar Metro, Thiruvottriyur Metro, Kaladipet Metro and Toll Gate Metro Station.
- Several Civil, Operations and System readiness were inspected in both the Upline and Downline.
Day 1 of CMRS inspection:
- On day-1 of inspection , the CMRS inspected the underground stretch of Phase-I Extension, from Washermanpet to Tondiarpet stretch on 05.02.2021.
- The two Underground Metro Stations namely Thiyagaraya College Metro and Tondiarpet Metro along with Washermanpet Metro Station were inspected.
- Several Civil, operations and system readiness namely OHE height and stagger measurement, Demonstration of fire hydrant at Ramp Area, Demonstration of TVS Jet fans, Ramp Sump Pump Inspection and Overview, Measurement of Schedule of Dimensions (SODs), Gauge, level and clearance measurement at every 200m intervals, Demonstration of Passenger Emergency Telephone (PET), Public Announcement (PAP) and Passenger Information Displays (PIDS), Lifts and Escalators, HV room and other rooms to name a few were inspected.
- This inspection paved way to CMRL’s plan for fully completing the entire Phase I extension works from Washermanpet to Thiruvottriyur (Wimco Nagar) covering 9.051 kms with 7 Metro Stations (2 Underground and 5 Elevated Metro Stations) which will connect the northern part of the city to the Central Business District Area.
Source: CMRL-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): CMRL