Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has been undertaking adequate precautions at all Metro Stations and in Metro Trains by making strict adherence to wearing of Face Masks inside the Metro Premises and Metro Trains.
Following are the measures are being strictly followed for curbing the spread of Covid-19:
- Testing passengers using thermal scanner
- Cleaning of trains, ticketing places, entry and exit gates at frequent intervals
- Making available sanitizers at entry, liquid soaps in the restroom areas
- Displaying Do’s and Don’ts to spread awareness
- Public announcements at stations and in trains
Metro Train services:
- As per the instructions from Government of Tamil Nadu for effective containment of Covid-19 which will take effect from 20-04-2021 until further orders.
- Chennai Metro Rail Limited has decided to operate its Metro Train Services on Sunday (25-04-2021) from 7:00 am till 9:00 pm.
- Metro Trains Services will be available to passengers in the following headway schedule;
- Wimco Nagar to Airport(Blue Line)-One Hour.
- Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M. G. Ramachandran Central Metroto Airport Metro (via Arignar Anna Alandur Metroand Koyambedu) (Green Line)-Two Hour.
- Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M. G. Ramachandran Central Metroto St.Thomas Mount (via Arignar Anna Alandur Metroand Koyambedu)(Green Line)-Two Hour.
- There will be no peak hour service (as per Weekend Metro Train Schedule).
- Passengers are requested to maintain social distancing while waiting in the Metro Stations and during their travelling in Metro Trainsand request all passengers to co-operate in the fight against the spread of Covid 19.
Meanwhile, Chennai Metro Rail resumed its services in a graded manner from 07.09.2020. A total of 93,68,304 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 07.09.2020 to 31.03.2021. A total of 31,52,446 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trainsfrom 07.09.2020 to 31.12.2020.
- A total of 13,43,695 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 01.01.2021 to 31.01.2021.
- A total of 20,54,653 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 01.02.2021 to 28.02.2021.
- A total of 28,17,510 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 01.03.2021 to 31.03.2021.
- On 08.03.2021 a total of 1,01,163 passengers have used the Metro Trains to commute.
- A total of 2,12,941 passengers have utilised the recently launched QR code ticketing system from September, 2020 to March, 2021 and 47,81,943 passengers have used Travel Card Ticketing System from September, 2020 to March, 2021.
- In the month of March, 2021 a total of 62,586 passengers have utilised the QR Code ticketing system.
- While 13,17,093 passengers have used the Travel Card Ticketing System.
- CMRL offers a 20% discount on QR Code ticketing namely Single Journey Q.R Ticket, Return Journey Q.R Ticket, Group Q.R Ticketand Q.R Trip passes from 11.09.2020.
- 20% discount fares on using Metro Train Travel Cards from 22.02.2021.
- It is mandatory to wear face masks at all Metro Station Premises and inside Metro Trains.
- Passengers are requested to maintain social distance while waiting in the Metro Stations and during travelling in Metro Trains and request all passengers to cooperate in the fight against the spread of Covid 19.
Source: CMRL-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): CMRL