Share with your network
Chennai Metro Rail Limited awarded a contract to M/s Larsen & Toubro Limited worth Rs. 533.87 Crores for “Design, Manufacturing, Supply, Installation, Testing, Training and Commissioning of RSS, ASS & SCADA for CMRL Phase-II – Corridor 3 (From Madhavaram Milk Colony to Sholinganallur) and Corridor 5 (Madhavaram Milk Colony to CMBT, including Depot at Madhavaram).”
- The overall design of the electrical system is centred on supplying safe, dependable, and stable electricity, as well as efficient electrical system performance, in order to provide uninterrupted services.
- To provide the reliable Power Supply functions of 29 Underground Stations & 10 Elevated Stations of Corridor 3 and 6 Underground Stations & 11 Elevated Stations of Corridor 5 and Depot at Madhavaram.
- CMRL had recently floated a tender for Contract No. CMRL/PHASEII/SYS/CP20.1/PS-06/2021 “Design, Manufacturing, Supply, Installation, Testing, Training and Commissioning of RSS, ASS & SCADA for CMRL Phase II – Corridor 3 (From Madhavaram Milk Colony to Sholinganallur) and Corridor 5 (Madhavaram Milk Colony to CMBT, including Depot at Madhavaram)” funded by JICA.
- The tender has been awarded to M/s Larsen & Toubro Limited for an amount of Rs.533.87 Crores. The contract agreement was signed by Mr. Rajesh Chaturvedi, Director (Systems and Operations), CMRL and Mr. H. Rajendran, Head – Contracts Substation Business Unit, Larsen & Toubro Limited today (24-05-2023) at MetroS, Nandanam, Chennai. Senior officials of CMRL and Larsen & Toubro Limited were present during the occasion.
About Chennai Metro Phase-2:
- Phase II expansion has been planned for a length of 118.9 Km network with 128 nos. Of Stations. It consists of three Corridors i.e. Corridor -3 – From Madhavaram to SIPCOT (45.8 Km), Corridor -4 – From Lighthouse to Poonamallee Bypass (26.1 Km), Corridor-5- From Madhavaram to Sholinganallur (47 Km).
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 63246/- Cr (Rupees Sixty three thousand two hundred and forty six only) (including IDC). The project is proposed to be completed by the end of 2026.
Source: Chennai Metro- Press Release | Image Credit: Chennai Metro
Be the first to comment