- CMRL had recently floated a tender for Contract No. CMRL/PHASE-II/SYS/C4- E&M-05/2022: Supply, Installation, Testing, Commissioning and Training of Electrical, Fire Protection and Ventilation Air-conditioning works for 18 Elevated Stations from Kodambakkam Powerhouse Station to Poonamallee Bypass Metro Station including viaduct between the Stations (Ch 10027.102 to Ch 25928.186), Approach Ramp, including Poonamallee Depot for Corridor 4 of Chennai Metro Rail Project Phase-II.
- This work will provide the Electrical and Maintenance works in the Poonamallee Depot and 18 no’s of Elevated Stations in Corridor 4. The tender was awarded to M/s Voltas Limited for an amount of Rs 134.9 Crores.
- The Contract agreement was signed by Rajesh Chaturvedi, Director (Systems and Operations), CMRL and Jayant Deshpande, Business Development Head, Voltas Limited at MetroS, Nandanam, Chennai. Advisor S. Ramasubbu (O&RS), K. Ravi Kumar JGM (E&M), H.Abbas Manager (E&M), Biplab Chattopadhyay – National Head Voltas, along with senior officials of CMRL and Voltas Limited were present during the occasion.
About Chennai Metro Phase-2:
- Phase II expansion has been planned for a length of 118.9 Km network with 128 nos. Of Stations. It consists of three Corridors i.e. Corridor -3 – From Madhavaram to SIPCOT (45.8 Km), Corridor -4 – From Lighthouse to Poonamalle Bypass (26.1 Km), Corridor-5- From Madhavaram to Sholinganallur (47 Km).
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 63246/- Cr (Rupees Sixty three thousand two hundred and forty six only) (including IDC). The project is proposed to be completed by the end of 2026.
Source: Chennai Metro- Press Release | Image Credit: Chennai Metro