The Chennai Metro Rail resumed its services in a graded manner from 07.09.2020. A total of 65,50,794 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 07.09.2020 to 28.02.2021.
- A total of 31,52,446 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 07.09.2020 to 31.12.2020.
- A total of 13,43,695 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 01.01.2021 to 31.01.2021.
- A total of 20,54,653 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 01.02.2021 to 28.02.2021.
- On 14.02.2021 a total of 1,37,957 passengers and 26.02.2021 a total of 1,15,892 passengers have used the Metro Trains to commute.
- A total of 1,50,355 passengers have utilised the recently launched QR code ticketing system from September, 2020 to February, 2021 and 34,64,850 passengers have used Travel Card Ticketing System from September, 2020 to February, 2021.
- In the month of February, 2021 a total of 40,850 passengers have utilised the QR Code ticketing system.
- While 9,84,665 passengers have used the Travel Card Ticketing System.
- CMRL offers a 20% discount on QR Code ticketing namely Single Journey Q.R Ticket, Return Journey Q.R Ticket, Group Q.R Ticket and Q.R Trip passes from 11.09.2020. 20% discount fares on using Metro Train Travel Cards from 22.02.2021.
- CMRL requests all its passengers to co-operate with CMRL security, Ticketing and other staff for a safe and smooth travel in its effort to prevent the spread of Covid-19 by maintaining social distancing.
Meanwhile, the Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited digitally signed open e-tender through e-procurement portal from Reputed, Experienced, Financially sound, eligible applicants, who fulfill the qualification criteria as mentioned in the tender through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) under Single Stage two Envelope with initial filter (Technical & Financial) system for the works as detailed below under loan disbursement of Japan International Cooperative Agency (JICA).
- Tender No: PHASE-II/CORR-5/CP16-MMC-DPT/2021
- Name of work: “Construction of Metro Train Depot with Administration & Workshop Buildings at Madhavaram Milk Colony Including Civil, Mep, Roofing, Signage, Architectural Finishes, Stp, External Drainage, Internal Roads, Boundary Wall And All Associated Works’’ in Corridor-5 of CMRL Phase–II Project.
- Bid Security Amount (EMD): INR 6,00,00,000/-
- Duration of Contract: 1030 days
- Details of NIT/ Bid Document: NIT/Tender Notice Publication date in Newspapers/CMRL website 27/02/2021 The Bid documents can be downloaded from the CPP PORTAL http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app from: 09/03/2021
- Pre-bid Meeting: 09/04/2021
- Last Date for issuing addendum and pre- bid replies: 25/04/2021
- Last Date and Time of submission/uploading of Bid: 24/06/2021
- Date and Time of opening of Bid (Technical Bid): 25/06/2021
Authority and place for submission of Bid Document Fee, Bid Security BG/DD, seeking clarifications & PreBid Meeting: Office of Addl. General Manager (Contract Procurement), Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Room No.507,5th floor,Administrative Building, CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu, Chennai 600 107 Tel No.044-2379 2000, Extn: 22347 Fax No.044-2379 2200, Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website from which any additional information can be obtained: https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app, www.chennaimetrorail.org.
Considering the demand for a fast, safe, efficient and sustainable public transport system, CMRL’s Phase-II project is being planned for 118.9 kms in three corridors viz. Corridors-3, 4 and 5 at an estimated cost of Rs. 61,843 Cr supported by Government of India, Government of Tamil Nadu, JICA, ADB, AIIB and NDB.
- Corridor-3: Madhavaram to SIPCOT covering 45.8 Km is a North South Corridor connecting the prime locations like IT Corridor, Adayar, Mylapore and Purasaiwalkam with 50 Metro Stations comprising of 20 Elevated Metro stations and 30 Underground Metro Stations.
- Corridor-4: Lighthouse to Poonamallee Bypass covering 26.1 Km is the East West Corridor covering the commercial hubs of city viz. Nandanam, T.Nagar, Vadapalani, Valasaravakkam, Porur and Poonamallee with 30 Metro Stations comprising of 18 Elevated Metro stations and 12 Underground Metro Stations.
- Corridor-5: Madhavaram to Sholinganallur covering 47.0 Km is the orbital corridor connecting prime locations viz., Villivakkam, Anna Nagar, Koyambedu, Virugambakkam, Ramapuram, Madipakkam and Medavakkam with 48 Metro Stations comprising of 42 Elevated Metro stations and 6 Underground Metro Stations.
Source: CMRL-Press Release | Image Credit: CMRL