In continuation to tender for construction of elevated Metro stations on corridor-4, the Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has now invited Request for Proposals (RFP) for Selection of General Consultants for corridor-4 of Chennai Metro Rail Phase-2 project.
- Tender Reference Number: CMRL-P2-GC-02-2020
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 17-Aug-2020
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 01-Oct-2020
Bid Submission Start Date: 17-Aug-2020
- Bid Submission End Date: 01-Oct-2020
- Bid Opening Date: 03-Oct-2020
This Request for Proposals (RFP) has been addressed to the following shortlisted Consultants:
- JV of M/s Aecom Asia Company Limited, M/s Systra and M/s. Consulting Engineers Group Ltd.
- JV of M/s Egis Rail SA, M/s MM SPA, M/s Italferr SPA and M/s Surbano Jurong Infrastructure Pte Ltd.
- JV of M/s Louis Berger SAS, M/s Geodata Engineering SpA and M/s Hill International Inc
- JV of M/s Artelia SAS, M/s TPF Getinsa Eurostudios S.L & M/s Rodic Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- JV of M/s RITES Ltd, M/s Nippon Koei India Pvt. Ltd, M/s Nippon Koei Co. Ltd, M/s Arup India Pvt. Ltd and Ove Arup & Partners International Ltd.
- JV of DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH, Ayesa Ingeniería y Arquitectura, S.A.U, Korea Rail Network Authority and Dohwa Engineering Co. Ltd.
- JV of M/s RINA Consulting SPA and Yuksel Proje Uluslararasi A.S
A firm will be selected under Quality and Cost Based Selection Method, QCBS (Time based) procedures and in a Full Technical Proposal (FTP) format as described in this RFP, in accordance with the Bank’s “Procurement Instructions for Recipients” (PIR), which can be found at the following website: www.aiib.org
Scope of work:
- The Employer has endeavoured to delineate the scope of the Services to be provided by Detailed Design Consultant in this volume. Such descriptions are not intended to be comprehensive, it being understood that Design Consultant shall be required, without adjustment or addition to the fixed rates or compensation agreed to herein, each item of work to provide any services, whether or not listed herein, that are within the scope of its field of professional practice and that are reasonably inferable as being necessary, or that would be customarily furnished by other providers of professional services of the type and nature provided for in this Agreement, to accomplish the Services set forth in this volume.The Consultant shall provide and complete the Consultancy Services, to the standards and in the manner, frequency, quantity and times specified in accordance with the Conditions of Contract, except for variations which have been agreed to in writing by the Employer. DDC shall perform services relating to the Project.
- DDC shall exercise reasonable skill, care and diligence in the performance of his obligations under the Agreement and in accordance with the prevailing standards of the profession. The DDC shall provide professional, objective and impartial advice and at all times hold the Employer’s interests paramount.
- Where the Services include the co-ordination between the DDC and other consultants and Contractors employed on the Project, the DDC shall provide such co-ordination. The DDC shall obtain, co-ordinate and submit to the Employer for his information and approval all details, drawings, arising from such coordination with others. Such co-ordination will take place throughout the contract period.
The Services generally include, but are not limited to:
- Producing concept planning and design options of elevated, Metro Station and interchange stations for Employer/ Employer’s representative review. The developed proposals shall be examined and finalized by CMRL management.
- Review of alignment in general and station locations in particular with a view of optimization of neighbourhood connectivity and Multi model integration.
- Perform cost effective detailed designs of Architectural, Structure (including track supporting structure), Building Electrical and Mechanical services including Environmental Control (ECS), and Building Management System (BMS) for the subject alignment based on approved designs and design criteria for all disciplines.
- Manage the design task for cost, schedule and performance compliance.
- DDC is required to propose suitable construction methodology after due approval from CMRL for the works like Cast in-situ and Pre-Cast Construction, structural system of viaducts for sub-structure and superstructure, pre-cast segmental box girder with post tension, Precast U-Grider Superstructure with U-Grider Pre-stressing, Precast I-Girder Superstructure with Internal Pre-stressing, special span configuration, , Underground and Elevated stations , Geometric designs of tracks, Design of MEP, VAC services etc. and prepare and submit comprehensive reports along with the methodologies proposed for finalisation with CMRL before floating of tenders for construction works.
- Checking and approval of design of enabling works/ temporary works and scheme of construction suggested by the Contractor for elevated , sub-structure, viaduct etc. as applicable.
- Drawings for construction shall be in such detail as not to require further design ordetailing to be carried out by the construction contractor except preparation of shop drawings.
- Perform detailed designs for building works, the fitting out of stations with architecture finishes and services including illuminations, lifts, pits escalators, pits water supply, drainage, power supply and other passenger amenities.
- Perform detailed designs for multi-modal transfer facilities for road and pedestrian traffic, landscaping, traffic management and road and station interfaces for the surrounding roads and neighbourhood.
- Review and suggest change as necessary in the designs/ plans or for temporary and permanent diversion works for all utilities affected by the station works / viaducts. Provide items in the BOQ for diversion of these utilities. Review of alignment plan duly marked with, utilities identified by concerned agencies which will be given to DDC in hard/ soft copies by CMRL.
- Co-ordinate and integrate designs and details with contractors and consultants employed by CMRL working on contracts pertaining/relevant to the site of works for this contract regarding DDC’s drawings;
- Integration of Building Services with the existing M&E systems at interchange stations including fire compartmentation.
- Prepare and update during construction Combined Services Drawings (CSD), Structural-Electrical-Mechanical Opening Drawings (SEM) and identify embedded items/openings indicating system wide information for the purpose of E & M co-ordination and civil construction interfaces.
- Prepare BOQs, special specifications, construction cost estimates for the associated construction contracts for tendering by CMRL. The BOQs, special specifications, construction cost estimate is to be prepared separately for stations and for BOQ of chartered utilities in a number of packages as decided by CMRL so as to facilitate CMRL to call construct only tenders in different contract packages.
- Incorporate and co-ordinate changes in design due to system wide interfacing with other DDCs/ Contractors/ CMRL.
- Incorporate changes in design resulting from CMRL’s design reviews.
- Consult and co-ordinate with various City and Government authorities that interface with the CMRL project. CMRL will assist with the co-ordination.
- Prepare necessary documentation and obtain necessary planning and other required approvals for the integrated complex consisting of Station designs, Station layouts, space proofing, track supporting structures including E&M facilities and fire detection/ suppression system, conceptual layouts and drawings for property development, if any, from the relevant approving authority, Prepare necessary documentation and obtain necessary planning and other required approvals for Track design (RDSO/Railway board) approval, the integrated complex consisting of Station designs, Station layouts, space proofing, track supporting structures including E&M facilities and fire detection/ suppression system, layouts and drawings for property development, if any, from the relevant approving authority.
- Plan, design, detail, control, co-ordinate, and execute the design phase of the Works for production of drawings, documents and reports to meet the key schedule dates included in the Agreement and as directed by CMRL.
- Maintain a Quality Control activity and an effective internal procedure for checking the accuracy of Work and assuring compliance with contract requirements.
- Attend meetings connected with the Work whenever required.
- Make available their services as and when required during the construction contract: to modify existing designs or drawings as necessary to incorporate site conditions and unforeseen conditions; to assist CMRL’s site supervision staff in clarification of queries resulting from the design; to review and confirm Contractor prepared “As-Built” drawings.
- DDC should keep in mind that they should provide best options, methodologies; strategies by way of value engineered and optimized design suited for best interest of CMRL. Any new methodology proposed should be analysed properly in terms of time, cost, suitability, affordability, availability of the same locally. Any detail, methodology, strategies, facilities adopted in the design without prior concurrence from CMRL discovered at any later stage causing damage, defect, incurring additional expenditure to exchequer, adversities, speculative bidding due to ulterior motives etc., or deteriorating image and interests of CMRL, will attract penalty as determined by CMRL and should be corrected by DDC at their own time and expenses.
- The DDC shall solely be responsible for manpower resource planning to accommodate variations in schedule during the estimated design period, and such variations shall not constitute a claim for extended design services unless these variations are not due to the DDC.
Be the first to comment