Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited digitally signed open e-tender through e-procurement portal for Design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of platform screen doors for CMRL phase-2 corridor 4.
- Tender Reference Number: CMRL/PH_II/SYS/C4_ASA10/2022
- Name of Work: Design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of platform screen doors for CMRL phase 2 corridor 4.
- EMD: INR 1,65,25,000 Crore
- Period of Work: 2245 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 17th May, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 22nd September, 2022
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 08th June, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 15th September, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 22nd September, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 23rd September, 2022
Scope of Work:
- Design and development of the DCU software and the SCADA software as an OEM for the respective PSD (Full height and Half height PSD) and,
- System Integration, testing and commissioning and all coordination with all Interfacing contractors for the respective PSDs (Full height and Half height PSD).
- All the sub systems, equipments to be used for PSD systems shall be of proven design and in use in transit systems in at least one country outside the country of origin of the sub system / equipment.
- These reference transit systems must have a design headway of 3 min or better. The contractor shall provide certificate from the user of the transit systems that the proposed sub-system/ equipment are working satisfactorily and no unsafe failure has been reported.
- The surface finish of the PSD (except in the glass area) shall be Stainless steel or aluminium. If stainless steel, the grade of steel shall be 316 or better. If aluminium, it shall be anodized, and powder coated adequately to withstand the daily passenger operation and environment. Steel or Aluminium cladding provided shall be provided with colour (PVD process for Stainless steel). The RAL colour of the surface, member wise, shall be approved by the Engineer.
- All circuits external to a signalling equipment room (which houses PSD indoor equipment also), which are of fail-safe design, shall be protected against cable faults and immune to any malfunction by external interference. The Contractor shall explain how his design meets these requirements. Separate cables shall be used for vital circuits such as Interlock Override, All Doors Closed and Locked etc.
- Experience under Engineering Contracts in the role of Prime Contractor (Single entity or JV Member), Sub-Contractor, or Management Contractor(i) for at least the last Seven (7) years starting 1st January 2015.
- Experience in Platform Screen Doors contracts in the role of Single entity without any specialist sub-contractor OR as a Specialist Sub-Contractor(vi) OR as a Member of the JV/Consortium(iv) and must have substantially(iii) completed between 1st January 2012 and the bid submission deadline,
- A minimum number of:
- One work involving Platform Screen door system in Metrorail /Monorail/ People Mover/ Railway project/ Light Rail; of Value INR. 132 crores (ii) or above.
- Two works involving Platform Screen door system in Metrorail /Monorail/ People Mover/ Railway project/ Light Rail; each of Value INR 83 crores(ii) or above. Or
- Three works involving Platform Screen door system in Metrorail /Monorail/ People Mover/ Railway project/ Light Rail; each of Value INR 66 crores(ii) or above.
- A management contractor is a firm which takes on the role of contract management as a “general” contractor of sort could do. It does not normally perform directly the work(s) associated with the Contract. Rather, it manages the work of other (sub) contractors while bearing full responsibility and risk for price, quality, and timely performance of the contract.
- Summation of the number of small value Contracts (less than the value specified under requirement) to meet the overall requirement will not be accepted.
- Substantial completion shall be based on 80% (Financial progress) or more works completed under the Contract. Completion shall be evidenced by submission of end-user certificates such as Taking-over Certificates and Completion Certificates as required to be submitted as attachment to Form EXP-2(a) or Form EXP-2(b) of Section IV – Bidding Forms.
- For contracts under which the Bidder participated as a JV member, only the PSD portion of the works, by value, shall be considered to meet this requirement.
- In case of a JV, the value of Contracts completed by its members shall not be aggregated to determine whether the requirement of the minimum value of a single Contract has been met. In determining whether the JV meets the requirement of total number of Contracts (Two contracts or three contracts as the case may be), only the number of Contracts completed by members each of value equal or more than the minimum value required shall be aggregated.
- For Contracts under which the Bidder participated as a JV member or as a Specialist Subcontractor, only the PSD portion of the works shall be counted to meet this requirement.
- Platform Screen Doors contracts, where the PSD system is installed in a transport facility where design operating hours is minimum of 18 hours a day with a design headway of not more than 3 minutes.
- A JV/Consortium shall consist of a maximum of three members.
The complete documents can be downloaded from http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: CMRL -Tender | Image Credit (representational): CMRL