Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited digitally signed open e-tender through e-procurement portal for Design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing, commissioning & integration of back office for Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) system for CMRL Phase II–Corridor 4.
- Tender Reference Number: C4-AFA03a
- Name of Work: Design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing, commissioning & integration of back office for Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) system for CMRL Phase II–Corridor 4.
- EMD: INR 62 Lakh
- Duration of Contract: 840 Days + DLP (730 Days)
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 20th February, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 11th May, 2023
- Pre- Bid Meeting: 15th March, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 05th May, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 11th May, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 12th May, 2023
Scope of Work:
- The contractor shall establish the Back office of Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) System for Chennai Metro which shall include the following broad categories of functionalities:
- Design the Central Computer (CC) system for all corridors (512 Stations).
- Application software development for CMRL Central System.
- Central Clearing House System (CCHS) functionality at Back office.
- Design, develop and maintain acquiring and issuance interface services.
- Development of common Business rules for the whole CMRL AFC System.
- Software Testing in coordination with other System Integrators up to the 1st Stage of all corridors (C3, C4 & C5) for Phase-2.
- Design of integrated card reader which shall be compatible to accept Open loop (NCMC, EMV, NFC, ABT etc..) cards, QR tickets and Closed loop cards (TypeA Type-C, etc.,) for Station Level systems (Validator specification attached in Appendix P of PS).
- Interfaces to other systems of Chennai Metro.
- Interface and integration with designated Financial Institution (FI)/Acquirer Bank.
- Integration with the test platforms provided by at least 4 AFC vendors at SDC.
- Parking Management, First Mile-Last Mile, MaaS.
- Integration with Phase 1 AFC System.
- The Contractor shall lead the Technical Interface for other Corridors/ Packages/ PTOs / Bank / FI for seamless migration.
- Contractor shall provide the Training for Back office Hardware & Software to Employers Personnel.
- The Contractor shall design, supply, install, test and commission all the equipment hardware and equipment software, cables, cable routes, materials, accessories, fixings, earthing, power distribution facilities and interfaces required to complete the Works for the AFC Back Office, as described herein and as summarized below.
- Finalise the requirement of Hardware for Monitoring and control of AFC system.
- Finalise the tools for Performance and versioning to monitor software and Database.
- Cable routes, earthing and equipment fixings up to designated interface points.
- Power supply distribution facilities.
- Furniture within AFC Control Rooms
- Local Area Network (LAN).
- System Interfaces to other Corridor/ Package equipment and infrastructure.
- WAN, using the backbone provided by the Employer.
AFC Interfaces to External Locations:
- The Contractor’s scope of supply shall, as a minimum, include interfaces to external transmission networks to provide communication links to:
- CMRL Other Corridors/Packages.
- Commercial Banks and Credit Card Agencies for the handling of financial transactions and other service providers such as Mobile payment providers and not limited to.
- The Contractor shall demonstrate its ability to interface with future Systems by simulations as follows along with provision of related API & APDU software/documentation etc.
- AFC Systems provided by other Service Providers/ Other Package
- Future AFC Systems for extension of the Chennai Metro.
- Simulation tests are to be conducted using a suitable Test Platform to demonstrate the above interfaces.
Scope of Services:
- The Services to be performed by the Contractor shall include, as a minimum, the following as described herein and summarized below:
- Training: The Contractor shall provide Back-office level hardware/ software training to design team, operations and maintenance personnel of the Employer.
- The Contractor shall provide operation and maintenance support services during the Defects Liability Period.
- The Contractor shall provide additional operation and maintenance support on a man-month basis in accordance with the requirements of the Employer.
- The Employer shall have the option to engage the Contractor for Comprehensive Annual Maintenance Contract (CAMC) for a period limited to 10 years after DLP on mutually agreeable terms and conditions. The Contractor shall propose the terms and conditions for CAMC.
- The Contractor shall prepare, update and submit all documentation required to cover all phases of the Contractor’s scope of work.
- For the interface and liaison requirements, refer Chapter 5. The interface parties and purposes are as listed below:
- Liaison with Project Contractors
- The Contractor shall be responsible, via the Employer, for the following aspects in relation to the provision of the facilities and services by nominated Project Contractors:
- Liaison with the nominated Project Contractors on appropriate design, interface, installation and testing issues.
- Provision of design information to the nominated Project Contractors.
- Positioning of AFC equipment in relation to signage.
- Review followed by receipt of ‘Notice of no Objection’ of the designs, installation and, where appropriate, testing work supplied and/or performed by the nominated project Contractors.
General Requirements of AFC Back Office System:
- Monthly progress report,
- Project management information system,
- Procurement Plan,
- Environmental management plan,
- Contractor’s manufacturing management plan,
- Design Submission Program;
- Quality Assurance Plan;
- System Safety Program Plan;
- Method statements,
- Inspection and Test Plans,
- Partial acceptance test plans,
- System acceptance test plans,
- Maintenance support plans,
- Software support plan,
- Back-up copies of the software submission,
- Initial works programme,
- Three month rolling programme,
- Detailed works programme,
- Installation plan and programme,
- Comprehensive testing and commissioning programme,
- Provision, construction, maintenance and removal of the site office(s) for the Engineer/the Employer,
- Occupational Safety, Health & Environmental Plan,
- Interface management plan,
- Contractor’s staff organization plan,
- All other items included in Part 2 – Employer’s Requirements
- Project office/ Site office construction
Detailed Design Of AFC Back Office System:
- Detailed design of Back Office for AFA03a Back Office System.
- Detailed drawings for the accepted designs submitted by the Contractor including Back Office equipment including HMI details.
- Detailed design of system Integration with SLE Providers, Existing Phase 1 Integration and Bank/ FI.
- Completion of detailed Interface document definitions with other designated interfacing contractors and Bank/ FI.
- Detailed design for Fare media Validator.
- Complete specification of cables, power supply, Earthing, etc. for complete Contract.
- Completion of Installation drawings, Power & Data diagrams, Cable Schedule, etc,.
- Delivery Schedules for Materials.
- Complete configuration data and all related software.
- The testing and commissioning documentation, including test procedures.
- The Lists of contract spares – This should include 10% of the working population of each Line Replaceable unit (LRU) as per finally approved detailed design.
- The quantities of total working population, quantity of spares at 10%, unit rate of the LRU, source/sources of supply should be included for each LRU and submitted to the Engineer for his notice of no-objection.
- The unit rate of each LRU has to be such that the total value of all spares proposed for all LRUs put together, based on the above principle, does not exceed the amount quoted under Price Centre ‘Spares’, in the Price Bid.
- The list of special tools – This should include the required quantity of all maintenance tools, special tools, test & measuring instruments including software, required by the Employer to perform all adjustments, measurements, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance activities, as per the O&M Manual.
- This list should be submitted to the Engineer for his notice of no-objection. The unit rate of each item of tool, testing & measuring instrument has to be such that total value of all tools, test & measuring instruments proposed for that stage, based on the above principle, does not exceed the amount quoted under Price Centre Tools, Special instruments, in the Price Bid.
- Completion of Business rule for Chennai Metro Phase II.
- Any other item(s) considered necessary to comply with the Scope of Work.
Installation And Site Testing of AFC Back Office System:
- Delivery to designated site location from Contractor’s premises in Chennai, for installation and testing
- Receipt of equipment at Site, pre-installation tests, inspection of equipment and Site preparations.
- Complete fixing and wiring of equipment in accordance with circuit and installation diagrams.
- Post installation tests including Pre-power up checking (IVR), power up customization and configuration of equipment.
- Perform Partial Acceptance Tests in accordance with the accepted PAT Plan including other AFC Contractors and Bank/ FI.
- Any other item(s) considered necessary to comply with the Scope of Works.
- Experience in Automatic Fare collection system contracts in the role of prime contractor (single entity or JV member) for the last 5 (Five) years prior to the last date for submission of bid.
- Experience in Similar work (i) in the role of Prime contractor (Single entity or JV member (iv,v) must have been completed substantially (ii) in the last 7 (Seven) years prior to the last date for submission of bid.
- One work involving similar work (i) for Metro Rail Project/ LRTS for a value of INR 117 crore(iii) or above, or
- Two works each involving similar work (i) for metro Rail Project/ LRTS each for a value of INR 73 Crore (iii) or above, or
- Three works each involving similar work (i) for Metro Rail Project/ LRTS each for a value of Rs. 58 Crore (iii) or above.
The complete documents can be downloaded from http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: CMRL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): CMRL