Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited digitally signed open e-tender through e-procurement portal for Selection of consultant for preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Mass Rapid Transit System in Madurai.
- Tender Reference Number: CMRL/DPR/MDU/2023
- Name of Work: Selection of consultant for preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Mass Rapid Transit System in Madurai.
- Approximate value of work: INR 03 Crore
- EMD: INR 03 Lakh
- Duration of Contract: 75 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 22nd February, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 13th March, 2023
- Pre- Bid Meeting: 27th February, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 06th March, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 13th March, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 14th March, 2023
Scope of Works:
- The Scope for the Detailed Project Report will broadly follow the guidelines of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India with respect to the Civil works, System works and financial / cost planning etc. reproduced at Para / Clause 4 of ToR, Towards meeting project objective following scope; but not limited to it, shall be executed in full in consultation with all stakeholders.
- Where required in place guidelines and standards need to be adopted in close interaction with CMRL.
- To carry out detailed topographic surveys along the study of alignment from Thirumangalam to Othakadai 31 km. The topographic survey would be conducted to establish the alignment, right of way, locations of stations, interchange points, maintenance depots and identification of land reservation requirements, building lines, number of properties affected, etc., along the metro Corridor.
- To conduct geotechnical investigations along the metro corridor alignment. Two Bore-hole/km will be sufficient for the purpose. If any abrupt change of strata is noticed, additional holes may be necessary.
- To collect data about the existing underground/overhead utilities along the alignment from various agencies and identify such utilities likely to be affected permanently requiring diversion or temporarily during construction.
- To examine integration / interchange requirements with other modes of the transport.
- Identify locations for car maintenance depot and concept Plan for the Rolling stock maintenance Depot.
- Ascertain land acquisition requirements for the project. Govt and Private Lands should be identified separately. R&R requirements based on State Government policy and as per new LA Act to be determined.
- To review the impact of proposed road improvement works along the alignment and recommended changes, if any needed for proper integration.
- Recommend the final alignment for the corridor after considering all aspects.
- To prepare preliminary structural design for the viaduct/ Underground structure as per standards of loading specified by Client, Consultants will however review and recommend if any changes are considered appropriate.
- Design should be in sufficient detail to ascertain its adequacy and to estimate the cost reasonably accurately.
Stations (Elevated and Underground):
- To identify station locations taking into account catchment area, adequacy of R.O.W, feasibility of entry/exit facilities, availability of parking areas, air funnel locations of stations in the vicinity of the airport if comes under the alignment and any other factor having impact on constructability and functioning of the station.
- To prepare site-specific stations layouts to handle the projected traffic-stations will follow a ‘closed system’ with complete access control through AFC. Lifts/escalators will be provided for the comfort of passengers, especially physically challenged passengers.
- Stations may have single/double entry. Layout should provide adequate facilities for all operational, commercial & technical requirements.
- As per availability of Right of Way, stations will be accommodated within R.O.W in exceptional cases, additional land requirements be indicated.
- Station layout should take security concerns into account.
- Integration with other modes of transport at interchange stations should be provided for adequately.
- Requirements of public information systems, passenger amenities, signage etc should be considered to enable realistic cost estimation.
- Requirements of water supply and drainage arrangements.
- If any commercial development is proposed at stations, the same should be included in layouts.
Train Operation Plan:
- To prepare the Train operating plan to manage the projected ridership and recommend its phased implementation.
- Based on the Train operation plan, requirement of rolling stock will be worked out. Design parameters will be finalized in consultation with Client.
- Traction & Power Supply: Consultant shall propose suitable Traction & Power supply system to serve the Train Operation Plan effectively. Consultant shall also provide the sufficient details for power supply arrangements.
- Signalling: Consultants shall propose suitable signalling systems to serve the Train Operation Plan effectively. The recommended system has to be cost-effective.
- Rolling Stock: Consultant shall recommend suitable Rolling Stock requirements with optimal life-cycle cost.
- Communication: Consultant shall recommend appropriate Communication System to serve all the operational requirements of the system.
- Tunnel Ventilation System and Station Ventilation system: Consultant shall propose suitable tunnel and station ventilation system for the underground section.
- The maintenance facilities will have infrastructure to maintain the rakes with necessary facilities viz stabling lines, scheduled inspection lines, workshop for overhaul, unscheduled maintenance including major repairs, wheel profiling, heavy interior/under frame/roof cleaning etc. for the rolling stock operational on the corridor as well as maintenance facilities for Civil – track, buildings, water supply; Electrical – Traction, E&M; Signalling & Telecomm.; Automatic Fare Collection etc.
Environment/Social Impact Assessment:
- Consultants shall carry out preliminary Environmental Impact (EIA) study along the suggested corridors and propose Environment Management Plan (EMP) for construction and operation phase.
- The Socio-economic impact in the area must be realistically assessed and suitable mitigation measures recommended.
- Environmental norms & Regulations, Environment Impact Assessment(EIA), Environment Management Plan (EMP), formation of an Environmental Management System (EMS) and costs estimates for Environment Impact mitigation measures should be covered as part of EIA Report and detailed scope of work is enclosed Annexure -1.
- Social Impact Assessment (SIA) including R&R assessment, Resettlement Impacts, Resettlement Assistance Plan (RAP) and Monitoring and Evaluation Framework to be framed as per bilateral / Multilateral funding agency standards/norms. A detailed scope of work regarding SIA is enclosed Annexure -2.
- Consultants shall prepare block cost-estimates for all the project elements including taxes and duties. The details in support of cost-estimates will need to be furnished.
- The completion cost will be worked out based on phasing of expenditure during construction and appropriate escalation factor.
- The Consultants shall carry out Economic Analysis for the project to work out the EIRR. Financial Analysis Consultants shall prepare detailed financial analysis to work out the FIRR based on project cash flows.
- For the purpose of financial analysis, Consultants shall assess realistic O&M expenditure i.e. Staff, Energy Repair & maintenance. The capital expenditure on additional assets for capacity augmentation, replacement costs for assets etc, will have to be assessed.
- Fare box revenue will be worked out based on ridership forecast and proposed fare structure. Revenue from other sources viz. advertisement, real estate and other commercial activities will be considered as applicable. Consultants will also carry out sensitivity analysis for cost overrun and/or variations in revenue stream.
Submissions / Output:
|S.No.||Report||Time from the issue of LOA|
|1||Inception Report||20 Days|
|2||Review of Travel Demand Assessment Report||30 Days|
|3||Topographic Survey and GeoTechnical Investigation Report||40 Days|
|4||Draft Detailed Project Report||55 Days|
|5||Detailed Project Report (DPR)||75 Days|
Eligibility to participate for E-tender:
- Tenders are open to all eligible Consultants. In order to submit the bid, the Consultant have to get themselves registered on-line on the e-procurement portal with valid class III Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) with signing key usage issued from any agency authorized by Controller of Certifying Authority (CCA), Govt. of India with their profile.
- The on-line registration of the Consultant on the portal will be free of cost and one-time activity only. If the Consultant is an individual person then he should register himself under “Individual” category and if the Consultant is a proprietorship firm/Joint Venture/Company/Consortium, then registration should be under “Corporate” category.
- The registration must be in the name of Consultant, whereas DSC holder may be either Consultant himself or authorized person.
- As part of the enrolment process, the Consultant will be required to choose a unique username and assign a password for their accounts.
- Only one valid DSC should be registered by the Consultant. Please note that the Consultant is responsible to ensure that they do not lend their DSC’s to others which may lead to misuse.
- Firms who have the following qualifications will only be considered for technical evaluation: The applicant firm must be a company incorporated under the Indian Companies Act 2013.
- Firm should have a minimum 10 years of experience in the field of Traffic and Transportation Planning.
- Firm should have successfully completed five (5) projects in Mass Transit System Feasibility studies/Detailed Project Report.
- Firm should have successfully completed at least one (1) Alternative Analysis study for implementation of Mass Rapid Transit System.
- Firm should have an average annual turnover of INR 90,00,000/- ( Rupees Ninety Lakhs) per year during the last 3 years (i.e. 2019-2020, 2020-2021, 2021-2022) and the turn over year of 2020-2021 is excluded due to Covid-19 & economic impact of the pandemic. (The Bidding Firm should submit a certificate from a Chartered Accountant along with audited financial statements for financial years.)
- All professionals should have experience in Feasibility cum Alternative Analysis study for implementation of Mass Rapid Transit System.
- The bidding firm is required to submit work orders / completion certificates as supporting documents for each of the projects quoted for eligibility and evaluation.
The complete documents can be downloaded from http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: CMRL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Linxon