Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited digitally signed open e-tender through e-procurement portal for Tender bid for licensing of semi-naming rights in 8 CMRL metro stations of corridor I & II of Phase 1.
- Tender Reference Number: CMRL/BD/SNR/2023/490/04
- Name of Work: Tender bid for licensing of semi-naming rights in 8 CMRL metro stations of corridor I & II of Phase 1.
- EMD: INR 3.40 Lakh
- Duration of Contract: 1095 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 14th January, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 03rd February, 2023
- Pre- Bid Meeting: 19th January, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 27th January, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 03rd February, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 04th February, 2023
Scope of Work:
Scope of Semi-Naming Rights in 8 CMRL Metro Stations:
- Stations available for Semi-Naming Rights activities in CMRL network, the following metro stations are proposed to be licensed by CMRL for Semi-Naming activities as per scope detailed below:
|S. No.||Metro Station Name||Line & Corridor||Scope offered|
|1||Washermenpet Metro, Mannadi, Airport Metro||Blue Line & Corridor I||Prefix or Suffix of brand name,
Inside/outside colouring of station in brand color,
Permit to Install the Logo the brand in Entries & Exits of the stations,
Promotional Space for Kiosk/Stall/Canopy of 10 sq.m each station.
Landscaping in space available metro stations(optional)
|2||Egmore, Arumbakkam, Ashok Nagar, Vadapalani, St. Thomas Mount Metro||Green Line & Corridor II|
- The stations would be handed over for Semi-Naming activities on “as is where is basis”. Prefix or Suffix of the brand name can be done with the existing name of the metro station.
Scope of Semi-Naming Rights of selected metro station & Conditions for Bidders:
- The selected Bidder shall be permitted to undertake and have Semi-Naming activities at the selected Metro stations(s) as per scope detailed in the above table.
- The Licensee shall/can suffix or prefix the specified brand name with the Name of the metro station i.e. the selected station can be named as “[XYZ [Brand Name] or [Brand Name [XYZ]”; whereas XYZ is the name of the selected metro station.
- The brand name shall preferably be not more than two words. Individual names of any person or Political party or religious entity or of similar background shall not be permitted.
- Any such composite brand name may include the Semi-Naming Partner’s Name in conjunction with other words, subject to prior written approval of CMRL. The prefixing and suffixing is to be done with a separate font/color/size as distinct from the CMRL signage at the said station.
- The brands name associated with following products and services will not be considered for semi naming rights:
- The Semi-Naming should not be related to any activity which is considered unlawful/illegal as per the Indian law.
- The Semi-Naming should also not promote liquor/alcohol based drinks or Drugs/Cigarette/tobacco/Pan Masala related products.
- Products/services propagating racial, caste, community or ethnic differences
- Products/services having sexual overtone
- Weapons and related items (such as firearms, firearm parts and magazines, Ammunition, explosives items etc.)
- Lottery tickets, sweepstakes entries and slot machines and related products
- List of negative products/services
- Products/services related to animal cruelty
- The use of CMRL name, logo or title without prior written permission is strictly prohibited
- Promotes or opposes a political party, or promotes or opposes any ballot referendum or the election of any candidate or group of candidates for Central, State, Judicial, or Local government offices.
The following activities shall be permitted as a part of Semi-Naming Rights activities at the above metro station:
- Semi-Naming Rights Entries & Exits of the stations / coloring of Station Building in Brands color by painting or affixing a 3 M vinyl pasting or equivalent,
- Refurbishment of station exterior and interior in Brands colour scheme besides the Brands name (suffixed or prefixed) with station name, after prior approval from CMRL.
- Landscaping on CMRL station to give an aesthetic and pleasing appearance. Landscaping is optional only. There is no scope of commercial advertisements in the Landscaping area. However, Signage mentioning the “Brand Name” may be permitted at landscaping, subject to size & location of signage determined by CMRL, which will be final and binding.
- Carry out painting of the station, both inside as well as outside, in the Brand’s color.
- Permit to install the Logo brand in Entries & Exits of the stations. The successful bidder would have to prepare and submit the brand Logo plans to CMRL for prior approval. The size of the Logo determined by the CMRL/Design wing will be final and binding.
- Promotional Space for Kiosk/Stall/Canopy of 10 sq.m each station. Licensee / Applicant shall operate the Kiosk space depending upon the semi-named brand in licensed stations to promote/vend/sell/deliver their own products only.
- Packed Food and Beverage shall only be allowed. The licensee for the bare space shall be co-terminus with the main agreement for Semi-naming rights, or earlier termination of the main agreement.
- Audio advertisement in any form is not permitted and there will be no change in CMRL’s station announcement/train announcement/notification/inside train name/or any other document due to Semi-Naming of the station.
- The maps displayed in station or on website will not have brand name attached to station name and any outside the purview of this contract of the selected bidder.
- The licensee shall be entitled, at his own cost, to prepare a scheme for Semi-Naming Rights and undertake the theme, design, layout, color scheme of the station that may be required to customize for branding and imparting a pleasing “Look and Feel” to the said Station for the promotion of its brand, subject to prior written approval of CMRL. The plan should be in tune with and not disturb the aesthetics/look of the station.
- The Semi-Naming display plan hence prepared must be in compliance to technical parameters of Tamilnadu Outdoor advertisement policy/any other relevant state policy/Directives given by Hon’ble courts, or any other prevailing policy and wherever/as applicable.
Exception to Semi-Naming Rights in 8 CMRL stations:
- The licensee shall not be provided rights for advertising through wi-fi, mobile/radio signals on advertisement media not installed/owned by them, viz. mobile, tablet, etc. of commuters, CMRL staff etc.
- CMRL may install/create any new inventory, panels, etc. for its partners, etc.
- CMRL may utilise a defined location at the station for displaying Artwork/ exhibition corners, other exhibits without any commercial consideration to the licensee.
- The bidder shall be evaluated first for fulfilling eligibility criteria. The Applicant may be any entity i.e. sole proprietorship firm, a partnership firm or a company having registered office in India & incorporated under the companies’ act 1956/2013 or a combination of above in the form of Joint Venture (JV) or Consortium.
In case of a Bid by a JV/Consortium of firms, following shall be abided by their members:
- For the purpose of evaluation of the consortium, each member’s contribution towards the turnover shall be considered in the same ratio of their equity participation in the consortium. (Illustration: Say If ‘A’ and ‘B’ are two members of JV/Consortium.
- A is having 70% equity holding in JV and ‘B’ is having 30% equity holding in JV. In such a condition, 70% of ‘A’’s total turnover and 30% of ‘B’’s total turnover will be taken into consideration for evaluation of eligibility of the JV).
- The Lead Member of the JV/Consortium shall maintain a minimum percentage share of 51% of the aggregate shareholding of the JV/Consortium during full tenure of License Agreement.
- Any change in percentage stake of JV/Consortium members without prior written approval of CMRL shall be treated as Material Breach of Contract and Licensee’s Event of Default entitling CMRL to encash Security Deposit/Performance Security and /or to terminate the License Agreement after 30 day notice.
- Minimum percentage stake of any member in JV/Consortium during license period shall not be less than 15%.
- Partners having less than 26% participation shall be considered as non-substantial partners and shall not be considered for evaluation which means that their eligibility shall not be considered for evaluation of JV/Consortium.
- All members of such entities shall be jointly and severally liable for the due performance of License agreement.
The complete documents can be downloaded from http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: CMRL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): CMRL
Be the first to comment