Share with your network
Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited digitally signed open e-tender through e-procurement portal for Design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Platform Screen Doors for corridor 3 (Sholinganallur Lake to Sipcot 2) and corridor 5 (Grain Market to Elcot) of CMRL Phase-II.
- Tender Reference Number: CMRL/PHASE_II/SYS/ASA12/2022
- Name of Work: Design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Platform Screen Doors for corridor 3 (Sholinganallur Lake to Sipcot 2) and corridor 5 (Grain Market to Elcot) of CMRL Phase II.
- EMD: INR 2,04,00,000 Crore
- Period of Work: 1235 Days + DNP (730 Days)
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 26th October, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 27th January, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 23rd November, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 20th January, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 27th January, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 28th January, 2023
Scope of Work:
- This Specification describes the general requirements for the PSD.
- Platform Screen Door system (Half height) for Corridor 3 (Sholinganallur Lake Metro to SIPCOT II) & Corridor 5 Grain Market to Elcot Park metro of Chennai Metro Rail Phase 2, comprising of design, manufacture, verification, supply, installation, prototype testing and approval, testing, integration, and commissioning by the Contractor including provision of training and Maintenance.
- Contractor shall comply to follow the latest standards / functionality that would be published at design stage, Decision of Employer’s Engineer shall be final for PSD system.
Scope of Supply:
- The scope of supply shall cover the requirements of the Platform Screen Doors system completely. PSDs will be provided for 3 car trains. As part of this work the approximate length of PSD per platform will be 70 m. 12 sets of bi-parting sliding doors equipped with drive and electric motor are envisaged per platform apart from EEDs, fixed (drive) panels, and MSDs.
- The Contractor shall supply all equipment and facilities necessary to meet the requirements of this PS, including, but not limited:
- PSD Façade equipments
- 1 Complete mechanical, electrical and electronics equipments
- 2 The Manual Control panel integrated into the Façade.
- Equipments in the equipment room for the control circuitry of PSD
- Concrete or metallic base fixture, pedestal, anchor fasteners, support for indoor and Platform equipment.
- All cables including optical fibre cables, cable terminations and cabling support, protection pipes, accessories necessary for the work except those specifically excluded from scope of supply.
- All workstations, servers and other equipment for SCR and also to supply, install and commission the maintenance and diagnostic softwares in the already provided computer at OCC and BOCC for the maintenance and diagnostics system of PSD.
- All spur cable containments, cable trays under False flooring inside the equipment rooms and Control rooms, track crossing pipes, concealed conduits etc. shall be provided except the main cable trays.
- Enclosures and supporting brackets for housing and fixing equipment.
- All equipment associated with any interfaces required to ensure operation within the performance requirements.
- All equipment necessary to allow the installation, testing, and introduction of the various stages of the project without disruption to already commissioned stages. Fulfilment of temporary arrangements for safety as stipulated by relevant authorities during commissioning of various stages.
- All special test equipment and special tools.
- Keys, Maintenance tools and utilities.
- Spare parts including those for the Testing and commissioning period, Defect Liability Period (DLP) and warranty period.
- All software & hardware, appropriately safety validated, verified, and certified to meet the requirements of the Specification.
- All software and hardware required for data logging and fault diagnostics and rectification.
- License of Software, if not otherwise mentioned in these specifications.
- Power Supply Distribution equipment, Circuit-Breakers, Earth Leakage Detectors, and Isolators for the AC and DC for the PSD system and other equipment supplied as a part of this package.
- Supply of Training documentation, System manuals, CBTS and video tutorials.
- All equipment necessary to carry out and on-site testing and commissioning including stage wise commissioning.
- All softwares required for project execution namely Requirement capturing software (DOORS), FRACAS, etc.
- Prototype preparation, testing, and approval of the PSD system.
- Integrated Testing Platform (PSD part), Hardware testing platform as applicable.
- Training tools and equipment.
- Operation Modes and Principles Document (OMPD)- PSD system inputs.
- Demonstration of contract compliance and traceability against all contractual technical and functional requirements using a formal requirements management and traceability tool. For tools that are compatible with IBM Rational DOORS latest version, electronic copies of the database shall be submitted to the Employer’s Engineer each month, starting from the beginning of the System Design phase until the end of the project for the Employers Engineers information. For tools that are not compatible with IBM Rational DOORS an alternative export mechanism shall be proposed for the monthly submission for the acceptance of the Employer’s Engineer.
- Any other apparatus needed to provide a complete Platform Screen Door system.
- The Services to be performed by the Contractor shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Design, manufacture, supply, system assurance, prototype preparation and testing, installation, testing and commissioning of the Platform Screen Door System.
- Presentations, reviews and audit support as specified in the Specification.
- Assist and provide all information, documents, clarifications required by Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) appointed by the Employer.
- Interface management as specified in the Particular Specification and the General Specification and achieve efficient and safe UTO (GOA 4) Train Operation. Coordination with Civil contractors mainly for the top, bottom and the side Interfaces for the PSD to ensure that all the gaps of the Platform edge are closed. Interfacing with Rolling stock mainly includes obtaining the door pitches and ensuring same pitch across all three rolling stocks. MEP interface mainly for the power supply, earthing and cable containment.
- System operations and maintenance support services.
- Training for Employer’s Training Instructors, operations staff, maintenance staff and engineering staff.
- Preparation of Operation, Maintenance and Training Manuals including CBTS.
- OMPD Manual for Operations and Maintenance Staff, Train movement specifications
- Decommissioning, removal and/or disposal of Temporary Works, if any.
- Design, prototype, manufacture, delivery, installation and identification of foundations/fixtures for indoor and outdoor equipment.
- Defect Liability Period services
- Hardware Warranty Period services.
- Providing necessary support and documents (viz SIL certification documents, Safety case, Type test result etc.) required including compliance for getting safety worthiness of the PSD Systems certified from Indian authorities viz. Independent Safety Assessor (ISA), Railway Board, RDSO and Commissioner of Metro Railway Safety (CMRS).
- Assistance to Maintenance.
- Designing and implementing the cyber security measures required for the PSD system including its data interfaces with other systems.
- Any other service needed to provide a complete PSD System.
- The Contractor shall note that there will be phased commissioning of the CMRL Phase 2. All the works related to phased commissioning and changes required for interface and final commissioning shall also form part of the work.
- Life cycle cost
- The Contractor shall provide the life cycle cost plan in accordance with IEC 60300- 3-3 with an aim to optimize the overall life cycle cost whilst meeting the safety, quality and reliability requirements of the PS.
- The documentation to be supplied by the Contractor under the Contract shall be in accordance with the GS & PS.
- A Bidder may be a firm that is a single entity or any combination of such entities in the form of a joint venture (JV) under an existing agreement or with the intent to enter into such an agreement supported by a letter of intent. In the case of a JV:
- All members shall be jointly and severally liable for the execution of the Contract in accordance with the Contract terms, and
- The JV shall nominate a Representative who shall have the authority to conduct all business for and on behalf of any and all the members of the JV during the bidding process and, in the event the JV is awarded the Contract, during Contract execution.
- Bidder shall not have a conflict of interest. A Bidder shall not be employed under any of the circumstances set forth below throughout the bidding/selection process and/or the execution of the Contract unless the conflict has been resolved in a manner acceptable to the Employer.
- A firm shall be disqualified from providing goods or non- consulting services resulting from or directly related to consulting services for the preparation or implementation of a project that it provided or were provided by any affiliate that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with that firm. This provision does not apply to the various firms (consultants, contractors, or suppliers) only due to the reason that those firms together are performing the Contractor’s obligations under a turnkey or design and build contract.
- A firm that has a close business relationship with the Employer’s personnel, who are directly or indirectly involved in any part of: (i) the preparation of the Prequalification Document (if any prepared) and/or the Bidding Document for the Contract, (ii) the prequalification evaluation (if any conducted) and/or the Bid evaluation, or (iii) the supervision of such contract, shall be disqualified.
- Based on the “One Bid Per Bidder” principle, which is to ensure fair competition, a firm and any affiliate that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with that firm shall not be allowed to submit more than one Bid, either individually as a single firm or as a member of a JV. A firm (including its affiliate), if acting in the capacity of a subcontractor in one Bid, may participate in other Bids, only in that capacity.
- A firm having any other form of conflict of interest other than (a) through (c) above shall also be disqualified.
- The Chennai Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL), a joint venture between Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu, operates the Chennai Metro. It is the third longest metro system in India after Delhi Metro and Hyderabad metro.
- The Phase-I of Chennai Metro Rail project covers a length of 45.046 km network and consists of two corridors i.e. Corridor-I (Blue Line) – From Washermenpet to Airport (23.085 Km), Corridor -2(Green Line) – From Chennai Central to St. Thomas Mount (21.961 km).
- About 55% of the corridors in Phase-I are underground and the remaining elevated. Out of 32 nos of stations 13 nos are elevated stations and the remaining 19 nos are underground stations.
- Inter corridor interchange stations are available at Alandur (Elevated) station and Chennai Central (Underground) station respectively. The system commenced service in 2015 after partially opening the first phase of the project.
The complete documents can be downloaded from http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: CMRL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): CMRL
Be the first to comment