In continuation to tender for C4-ECV 01, the Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has now invited online tenders for Package C4-ECV-02 for Construction of Elevated Metro Stations at Chennai bypass crossing, Ramchandra Hospital, Iyyapanthangal, Bus depot, Katupakkam, Kumanan Chavadi, Karayan Chavadi, Mullai Thottam, Poonamallee Bus Terminus, Poonamallee bypass for Phase-2 project, Corridor-4.
- Tender Security: INR 14 Crores
- Cost of Document: INR 40,000/-
- Period of Completion: 36 Months
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 24-09-2020
- Bid Submission Start Date: 01-Nov-2020 03:00
- Bid Submission End Date: 09-Nov-2020 03:00
- Bid Opening Date: 10-11-2020
Scope of work:
The Permanent and Temporary works shall comprise the Construction of all Civil Works, Architectural works and Signages, Plumbing & Drainage works and Temporary services necessary to complete the Elevated viaduct section and Stations complete all as per the Employer’s Drawings and the Works Requirements. The Elevated Viaduct starts from Chennai Bypass Crossing station to Poonamallee Bypass including approach line to Poonamallee Depot and the stations are:
The Permanent and Temporary works shall comprise the Construction of all Civil Works and Temporary services including, but not limited to, the following.
- Survey including Topographic Survey, Utilities Investigation and diversion, Traffic diversion in addition to the information given in these tender documents.
- Site clearance, including tree felling, fencing, barricading and securing of the site areas and works areas to the satisfaction of the Engineer.
- The demolition or slicing (wherever required) of existing buildings and other structures which may or may not be explicitly shown in the Employer’s Drawings; the exact shape, size numbers and locations to be confirmed by the Contractor. The slicing shall be carried out in such a manner that the remainder of the building after slicing is structurally stable; after slicing the remaining part of building shall be strengthened and separate access staircase shall be provided to the occupants in all floors if required.
- Strengthening of buildings, after slicing to ensure structural integrity and safety of the buildings.
- Setting up of casting yard at suitable location as per the requirement of project to achieve the Key Dates given in Appendix 2B of Section VII, Part 2 of this document.
- Diagonal Cross trenching shall be carried for identifying underground utility at every Pier location.
- Pile foundation with hydraulic rotary piling rigs.
- Conducting NDT Test, Cross hole sonic test and load tests on piles.
- Pile cap including PCC under it.
- Pier as per the shape and finishes mentioned in the documents.
- Cantilever piers, portal piers and portal beam at locations shown in the GAD.
- Pier caps on piers, pre-casting, transport, lifting, fixing & prestressing on the piers. Pier caps cast in-situ, RCC and PSC.
- Elastomeric/POT-PTFE/Spherical bearings including bearing pedestals and metal wedges.
- Precasting, Prestressing, Transport and Launching U-Girder or I-Girders.
- Casting transportation and launching of Special spans.
- Obligatory span at Chennai Bypass Crossing with 40m in Segmental Box.
- Obligatory span at Poonamallee Bypass with 80m in steel through truss.
- Depot approach Viaduct and Ramp.
- Conducting load tests on Girders/Erected Spans.
- Inserts for track plinth with HYSD reinforcement (Track plinth is not in the scope of this contract).
- Construction of Station structure including columns, plinth beams, precast and cast in-situ slabs, staircases, roof structure parapets, canopies, gutters, facades and, RCC water tanks (Underground), entry and exit structures and other structures at all levels.
- Lift shafts, escalator pits including water proofing with proper drainage arrangements.
- Earthing arrangement, drainage system, inserts for OHE/Signaling masts in parapets, stations and U-Girders.
- Architectural works at stations including finishes to Civil works structures at each station for passengers, operating staff and equipment housing (such as screeding, blockwork, doors/fire doors, floor and wall finishes including handrails & balustrades etc.,) and Signages.
- Protection and retention of utilities which are not required to be diverted.
- Diversion and reinstatement as necessary of existing utilities which will be paid under Provisional Sum and handover the diverted utilities to the utility department in case of temporary or permanent diversion respectively, all to the satisfaction of the Engineer.
- Diversion of existing storm water drain shall be covered under the Provisional sum.
- All works related to identification of utilities, preparation of diversion proposal and obtaining necessary approvals from the relevant authorities are under the scope of works.
- Traffic management and road works, both temporary and permanent including diversions of roads and footpaths, temporary decking, pedestrian walkways, subways and footbridges, along with construction and maintenance of the new and existing road and diversions and handover all road and its facilities to station contractor to the satisfaction of the Engineer.
- Construction and maintenance of new and existing roads and diversions, including restoration to original condition.
- Removal, storage and reinstatement of road furniture such as street lighting, traffic signals, bus shelters/stands, footpaths including stone kerbs, boundary walls, horticulture works, and any other work (if any affected by Construction operation) to restore the site to its original condition as stated in the Contract as per current standards and site requirements, as and when possible.
The tender document in English is available online on CPP portal on 10.08.2020, 18:00 hrs in the e-procurement website (https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app) till 09-11-2020,upto 18:00 hrs.
Source: CMRL-Tender | Image Credit: CMRL