The Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited digitally signed open e-tender through e-procurement portal from Reputed, Experienced, Financially sound, eligible applicants, who fulfill the qualification criteria as mentioned in the tender through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) under Single Stage two Envelope with initial filter (Technical & Financial) system for the works as detailed below under loan disbursement of Japan International Cooperative Agency (JICA).
- Tender No: PHASE-II/CORR-5/CP16-MMC-DPT/2021
- Name of work: “Construction of Metro Train Depot with Administration & Workshop Buildings at Madhavaram Milk Colony Including Civil, Mep, Roofing, Signage, Architectural Finishes, Stp, External Drainage, Internal Roads, Boundary Wall And All Associated Works’’ in Corridor-5 of CMRL Phase–II Project.
- Bid Security Amount (EMD): INR 6,00,00,000/-
- Duration of Contract: 1030 days
- Details of NIT/ Bid Document: NIT/Tender Notice Publication date in Newspapers/CMRL website 27/02/2021 The Bid documents can be downloaded from the CPP PORTAL http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app from: 09/03/2021
- Pre-bid Meeting: 09/04/2021
- Last Date for issuing addendum and pre- bid replies: 25/04/2021
- Last Date and Time of submission/uploading of Bid: 24/06/2021
- Date and Time of opening of Bid (Technical Bid): 25/06/2021
Authority and place for submission of Bid Document Fee, Bid Security BG/DD, seeking clarifications & PreBid Meeting: Office of Addl. General Manager (Contract Procurement), Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Room No.507,5th floor,Administrative Building, CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu, Chennai 600 107 Tel No.044-2379 2000, Extn: 22347 Fax No.044-2379 2200, Email id: email@example.com.
Considering the demand for fast, safe, efficient and sustainable public transport system, CMRL’s Phase-II project is being planned for 118.9 kms in three corridors viz. Corridors-3, 4 and 5 at an estimated cost of Rs. 61,843 Cr supported by Government of India, Government of Tamil Nadu, JICA, ADB, AIIB and NDB.
- Corridor-3: Madhavaram to SIPCOT covering 45.8 Km is a North South Corridor connecting the prime locations like IT Corridor, Adayar, Mylapore and Purasaiwalkam with 50 Metro Stations comprising of 20 Elevated Metro stations and 30 Underground Metro Stations.
- Corridor-4: Lighthouse to Poonamallee Bypass covering 26.1 Km is the East West Corridor covering the commercial hubs of city viz. Nandanam, T.Nagar, Vadapalani, Valasaravakkam, Porur and Poonamallee with 30 Metro Stations comprising of 18 Elevated Metro stations and 12 Underground Metro Stations.
- Corridor-5: Madhavaram to Sholinganallur covering 47.0 Km is the orbital corridor connecting prime locations viz., Villivakkam, Anna Nagar, Koyambedu, Virugambakkam, Ramapuram, Madipakkam and Medavakkam with 48 Metro Stations comprising of 42 Elevated Metro stations and 6 Underground Metro Stations.
- Foundation Stone for 109 Km network of Phase-2 of Chennai Metro Rail Project was laid by the Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah on 21-11-2020 at Kalaivanar Arangam, Chennai.
- The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Shri Edappadi K. Palaniswami presided over the function.
- The Phase-II of Chennai Metro Rail Project with a total length of 118.9 km with estimated completion cost of Rs.61,843 crore has been approved by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- With expected expenditure of Rs. 61,843 cr in next 5 years, Chennai city will get total metro network of 173 km by 2026.
- It will bring lot of ease in living to the citizens and visitors from all across the State & country.
Source: CMRL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): CMRL