In continuation to the tender for supply of Digital Display Screens and Related Equipment in all 52 Trains of CMRL, the Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited online tenders (through e-procurement) from Reputed and experienced Last Mile connectivity work contractors through National Competitive Bidding (NCB) under single stage two envelope with initial filter (Technical & Financial) for the Selection of Operator of First & Last Mile Connectivity through Feeder vehicles at Chennai metro stations
- EMD Amount: INR 14,400
- License Period: 2 Years from the date of issue of LOA (May be extended by ONE year further after Performance Review.
- Pre Bid Meeting: 23-Nov-2020
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 09-Nov-2020
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 14-Dec-2020
- Bid Submission Start Date: 07-Dec-2020
- Bid Submission End Date: 14-Dec-2020
Scope of work:
The scope of work is to provide First & Last Mile Connectivity through feeder vehicles for Phase 1 (32 Metro Stations) and Phase 1 extension stations ( about 8 stations) with a well-controlled system to ensure better convenience & comfort for Metro commuters in line with comfortable Metro experience.
Operator shall deploy the feeder vehicle with respect to the following category as listed below:
|S.no||Category||Passenger capacity ( Excluding driver)||Minimum number of vehicle to be deployed|
|1||I||Up to 6 Seater||60|
The feeder vehicles to be deployed by the operator shall include but not be limited to the following type of vehicle:
- Share autos
- E autos,
- Share cabs ( Mini cabs, sedans, Tata Sumo, Tavera, Mahindra TUV 300)
Fuel type of vehicle shall be Diesel or Petrol or Electric or LPG. The schedule of feeder vehicles is to be synchronized with the Chennai Metro Rail schedule of train operations.
- Feeder vehicles to be operated to & fro from the metro stations around 5KMs radius only.
- However, as far as practicable, the fleet operator shall arrange to run the feeder vehicles as per the defined/agreed frequency around 5KM radius from the metro stations.
- The year of manufacture of the vehicles shall not be earlier than 01/01/2018 and the Contractor shall provide relevant documentary proof of the year of manufacture of each vehicle to CMRL prior to deployment.
- The deployment plan (station wise) for the feeder vehicle to be deployed by the operator will be intimated by CMRL after award of contract.
- In case if number of feeder vehicle to be increased from minimum (60Nos), prior approval from CMRL shall be obtained by the operator, based on the passenger demand and then can be deployed.
- Increase/decrease in number of feeder vehicle at metro station shall be sole discretion of CMRL.
- The route, time Schedule and Fare per Passenger for the operation of first & last mile connectivity shall be decided by Operator based on the passenger demands with respect to metro station.
- Fare chart shall be displayed in vehicle and metro station premises. Any change in fare chart shall be informed to CMRL prior to display to passengers at stations.
- However operator shall get the prior approval from CMRL for the time schedule before implementation at the station level.
- Time schedule to be followed, shall be displayed by the operator at the vehicle parked area at his own cost by providing suitable arrangements.
- The time schedule/frequency may be revised by Operator on revision of revenue hours of CMRL.
- The time schedule and number of trips will be monitored by the Operator.
- The information related to daily number of trips, the passengers carried, tickets sold, and the revenue amount generated on each route/ by the individual vehicles shall be submitted to CMRL on daily basis.
- The operator shall charge the metro commuters by means of cash for feeder vehicles deployed as approved by CMRL.
- All the operational expenditure including the fuel and electricity expenses should be borne by the contractor only. CMRL will not be liable to make any payment whatsoever to the operator during entire contract period.
- The vehicle should have statutory authority permission regarding registration, insurance, Pollution Control etc.
- CMRL shall have the final authority to accept/reject any proposal without assigning any reasons thereof. No one shall have any cause of action or claim against CMRL for rejection of the proposal.
The Bid documents can be downloaded from CMRL website www.chennaimetrorail.org or CPP portal : http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Source: CMRL-Tender | Image Credit: CMRL