IRCON International Limited has invited online bids in two packet systems on prescribed forms from bonafide firms/ companies having requisite experience and financial capacity for execution of the work detailed in the table given below.
- Reference Number: IRCON/4024/CMRL/C-4/T/1080Rail
- Name of Work: Manufacture, Supply, Transportation and Delivery of Prime Quality of 60 E1 Profile 1080 Grade Head Hardened Rails Conforming to IRS T-12-2009 with Latest Amendments for Corridor 4 of Chennai Metro Rail Project Phase 2 at Chennai Store in Tamil Nadu, India
- EMD Amount: INR 34. 10 Lakh
- Period of Work: 900 days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 25-Feb-2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 17-Mar-2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 10-Mar-2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 17-Mar-2022
- Bid Opening Date: 18-Mar-2022
Scope of Work:
- The rails to be used on Chennai Metro rail project shall be a minimum class A, first quality 60E1 profile, Grade 1080 Rails conforming to the full manufacturing processes, equipment used in the manufacturing process, testing procedures and frequency of tests as stipulated in the Indian Railway Standard Specification IRS T-12:2009 “Standard specification for flat bottom railway rails” – with latest amendments. The scope of work in the subject tender shall include but not limited to the following for detailed specifications applicable for this tender Supplier shall refer the Technical Specifications in Section-6 of the tender document:
- Supply of 60E1 Grade 1080HH as per the Technical Specification mentioned in Section- 6 of tender documents including cost of deployment of all plant and machinery at near project site/s of the Chennai Metro rail project Corridor-4, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The Rails shall be of Class A, undrilled, 18mt long and colour coded as per IRS-T- 12:2009.
- Rails shall be procured and shall be stacked prior to the key dates given in Clause no. 9.0 of SCC for installation in Underground section, Elevated section and Depot separately.
- Submission of all necessary technical documents, which shall prove that Manufacture and Supply are complying with relevant International/Indian Standards specified in Technical Specification (Section-6), including the durability assessment, qualification test reports.
- Carrying out qualification test, acceptance test as per the approved Inspection and Test plan.
- Client/Employer/Engineer or his authorised representative may witness the tests/inspection or conduct test checks to be organised by supplier for validation of test/inspection as specified in Inspection and Test plan. The expenses of such test including the travel and accommodation shall be borne by the supplier for up to three persons for each inspection.
- Providing rail stacking area with firm and level bed shall be the responsibility of the Employer. Supplier shall stack the Rails with proper supports for storage as recommended by the Supplier/instructed by the Client/Engineer following the applicable rail handling specifications/guidelines.
- All rails shall be USFD tested at factory before dispatch.
- Port and customs clearance of materials if supplied from outside India is in the scope of bidder.
- Mechanized handling, loading and Transportation of rails from EXW duly
- coordinating with road authorities, obtaining necessary permits for transportation etc., and unloading and stacking at firm and level base at the site as per the method statement approved by the Client/Engineer.
- Transit insurance and safe transportation without any damage to materials including arrangement of special trailers duly taking proper care and precautions and following the method statement approved by the Engineer.
- Project Authority certificate shall be issued by the Engineer for imported items All the other cost and charges including all other duties, transit insurance, taxes, levies etc., if any shall be paid by the Contractor.
- Observing all safety precautions as required during all operations covered under this tender.
- Supply of drawings, tracings or Reports of the material to be supplied shall, unless otherwise directed, be furnished by the Supplier with the first consignment of the work to which they relate.
About IRCON International Limited:
- IRCON International Limited (IRCON), a Schedule “A” & Mini Ratna-I Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), incorporated by the Ministry of Railways, Central government, under the Companies Act, 1956 on 28th April 1976 originally under the name Indian Railway Construction Company Limited.
- IRCON is an integrated engineering and construction company in India operating since last 44 years with specialization in major turnkey infrastructure projects, including Railways, Roads, Highways, Bridges, Flyovers, Tunnels, Aircraft maintenance hangars, Runways, EHV sub-stations, Metro & MRT, and others.
The complete Bid Document can be viewed / downloaded from the e-Procurement portal i.e. https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app free of cost.
Source: IRCON-Tender | Image Credit (representational): CMRL