Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has invited digitally signed open e-tender through e-procurement portal from Reputed, Experienced, Financially sound, eligible applicants, who fulfill the qualification criteria as mentioned in the tender through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) under Single Stage two Envelope with initial filter (Technical & Financial) system for the works as detailed below
- Tender No.: CMRL/CON/PHASE-II/ATW-11/BC-3&5/TRK-02/2021-“
- Name of work: Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Track Works of Standard Gauge including all Associated Works in (A) Elevated Section Between CMBT (Excluding) and ELCOT (Including) in Corridor 5-Upto Circular Connection to Corridor-3 and (B) Elevated section between Sholinganallur (Excluding) to SIPCOT (Including) In Corridor 3 and pocket Tracks & Stabling Lines of Chennai Metro Rail Project Phase-2.”
- Tender Security Amount (EMD): INR 2.82 Crores
- Duration of Contract: 850 days+730 days (DLP)
- Pre-bid Meeting: 16/11/2021
- Last date of Seeking Clarifications: 22/11/2021
- Last Date for issuing addendum and pre-bid replies: 10/12/2021
- Last Date and Time of submission/uploading of Tender: 10/01/2022
- Date and Time of opening of Tender (Technical Bid): 11/01/2022
About Phase-2 Project:
The Government of India has approved the Chennai Metro Rail Project Phase-2 project. The Phase-2 expansion is planned for the length of 118.9 Km network with 128 nos of stations.
The corridor wise detail is as following:
|S. No||Name of the Corridor||Underground (Km)||Elevated/ At-Grade (Km)||Total (Km)|
|1||Corridor 3: Madhavaram Milk Colony to SIPCOT 2||26.51||19.31||45.82|
|2||Corridor 4: Poonamallee Bypass to Light house||9.82||16.26||26.08|
|3||Corridor 5: Madhavaram Milkcolony to Sholinganallur||5.22||41.79||47.01|
The Construction Works is expected to be completed by June 2026.
- The Phase II project is proposed to be financed through Government of India, Government of Tamil Nadu and the Multilateral Development Banks, namely Asian Development Bank (ADB), Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and New Development Bank (NDB).
- Funding for a portion of Chennai Metro Phase II (i.e. 52.01 Km, i.e. Madhavaram – Sholinganallur of Corridor 3 and Madhavaram – CMBT of Corridor 5) has been tied up with JICA as State Sector Project.
- Balance section Funding (66.89 Km): The screening committee of DEA has accorded in principle approval for funding of entire Corridor-4 and balance section of Corridor 3 & 5 and posed for funding from multilateral banks i.e ADB, AIIB, NDB.
- Multilateral Banks have completed their preliminary Mission programme and detailed discussion with MDBs is in under progress.
The Tender documents can be downloaded from the CPP PORTAL http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Source: CMRL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): CMRL