- The two days technology show serves as a platform for innovation & association between the buyers and exhibitors mainly to identify the metro system components & develop vendors locally in Tamilnadu to reduce the dependencies on the supplier, cost control and reduce the lead time & in time availability of materials for ensuring timely maintenance of metro systems.
- Around 25 companies participated in the tech show and displayed their products, demonstrating their field of expertise.
- CMRL also displays the components & spares of different systems such as Rolling Stock, Signalling & Telecom, and Traction etc.
- The Technology Show enables the manufacturers to familiarise with parts and components needed by Chennai Metro for manufacturing the assets.
- Thrust has been given for local manufacturing of components being imported with indigenization providing cost reduction.
- The event was inaugurated by Mr. Rajesh Chaturvedi, Director (Systems and Operations), CMRL and Mrs. Shuba Kumar, Chairperson of ACMA along with other higher officials from CMRL, ACMA & FaMe TN. The stalls are visited by the Officials & Employees of CMRL, nearby metros, Railways & the contractors of CMRL to derive benefits.
Source: Chennai Metro- Press Release | Image Credit: Chennai Metro