Share with your network
The Platform Screen Doors provide additional safety for passengers. It also improves the Air conditioning at Underground stations by preventing the cool air from escaping to the tunnels.
- Mr. Rajesh Chaturvedi, Director (Systems and Operations) CMRL said, a contract has been awarded to install Platform Screen Doors on Corridor 4 at a cost of Rs.100 crore.
- CMRL Director (Systems and Operations) Rajesh Chaturvedi, stated that Chennai Metro Rail Limited has awarded the Contract ASA-10 for supply of Platform Screen Doors (PSD) for its Corridor 4 of phase 2 project to M/s Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co. Ltd. for a value of INR 100 Crores. This work is funded by the New Development Bank.
- The work includes half height Platform Screen Doors for 18 Elevated stations from Poonamalle to Kodambakkam power house and Full Height Platform screen doors for 9 Underground stations from Light House to Kodambakkam.
- The Platform Screen Doors will be operated automatically by the driverless Signalling system of Corridor 4. The Contracts for remaining corridors 3 & 5 are in the process of finalisation.
About Chennai Metro Phase-2:
- Phase II expansion has been planned for a length of 118.9 Km network with 128 nos. Of Stations. It consists of three Corridors i.e. Corridor -3 – From Madhavaram to SIPCOT (45.8 Km), Corridor -4 – From Lighthouse to Poonamalle Bypass (26.1 Km), Corridor-5- From Madhavaram to Sholinganallur (47 Km).
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 63246/- Cr (Rupees Sixty three thousand two hundred and forty six only) (including IDC). The project is proposed to be completed by the end of 2026.
Source: Chennai Metro- Press Release | Image Credit (representational): CMRL
Be the first to comment