CIDCO has taken a decision to appoint Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation (Maha Metro) for the implementation of balance works of Nc 1 admeasuring 11.1 kms on Deposit Terms. Accordingly, the work of metro line 1 will now be conducted by Maha Metro. CIDCO is developing Navi Mumbai Metro to make the public transport system of Navi Mumbai more efficient.
- Trial run of line 1 was conducted successfully on 1st September 2019.
- A thorough study was conducted by CIDCO in Navi Mumbai transport system, to analyze various issues and complexities in it.
- It comprises electrical, IT, civil and mechanical engineering, communications and signaling.
“We shall also focus on financing the project, financial discipline, land monetization along the corridor, enhancing non fare-box revenues, and last mile connectivity. We remain committed to our cause of Transit Oriented Development.” Dr. Sanjay Mukherjee, VC&MD, CIDCO.
- Due to pandemic situation and some technical issues, the development work of 1 to 6 stations out of total 11 stations from line 1 is not being implemented at expected speed.
- Therefore, to complete the balance works of the above line at the earliest and to create an economic source for the project, CIDCO came to a decision of appointing Maha Metro for the implementation of balance works of Navi Mumbai Metro Line 1.
- Maha Metro has work experience of recently executed Nagpur Metro phase 1 as well as the construction, development and Operations & Maintenance work of metro line 1 & 2 being developed under Pune Metro.
- Therefore, an important decision was taken by CIDCO to appoint Maha Metro for the fast track implementation of Navi Mumbai Metro line 1.
- Due to this decision, the work of line 1 will be completed rapidly and passenger service might be initiated soon.
- Similarly, investors and residents will also get good returns on their investments.
- Along with being a fast and convenient means of transport for residents, Navi Mumbai Metro will be contributing to the economic growth of Navi Mumbai.
Source: CIDCO-Press Release