Container Corporation of India Limited (CONCOR) has invited Expression of Interest (EOI) for Prospective Indigenous Container Manufacturers. This notice is being floated with the aim of preparing and showing the way forward for prospective Indigenous Container Manufacturers for the forthcoming Competitive Bidding Process.
- CONCOR is planning to procure 6000 nos. of 20 Feet High Cube End Open Containers (34T) by a process of Two Packet Open Tender to be floated shortly & a minimum developmental order of 1000 nos containers is planned to be distributed amongst a maximum of six(6) vendors.
- The purpose of this EOI is to prepare the prospective Indigenous Container Manufacturers for the forthcoming Competitive Bidding Process and also to take their suggestions and inputs in order to achieve the objective of developing indigenous container manufacturers in accordance with Government of India’s policies of “Make in India”& “Atma Nirbhar Bharat”.
- Ref. No.: CON/T/DCONT-6000/20 FT HCEO/2021
- Name of work: Expression of Interest (EOI) for Prospective Indigenous Container Manufacturers.
- Date of Interactive Meeting: 15/04/2021
- Date of Submission of EOI: 03/05/2021
- M/s. Container Corporation of India Limited (CONCOR) is a Navratna Public Sector undertaking of the Ministry of Railways, Government of India. CONCOR is a multimodal logistics company having pan India footprints and having registered offices at “Concor Bhawan, C-3, Mathura Road, New Delhi-110 076”.
Background of EOI:
- CONCOR is the leader in the containerized movement of cargo and has a major market share in the containerized traffic moved through rail.
- Presently CONCOR hasmore than 37,000 ISO Containers, out of which around 23,000 Containers were procured during the last 3 years through Open Global Tenders and very few Indian Manufacturers participated in those tenders.
- Recently various initiatives have been taken by the Government of India (i.e. Make in India & Atma Nirbhar Bharat) to encourage the manufacturing in India.
- In this backdrop and also to encourage Indigenous Manufacturers for Design and Manufacturing & Supply of different types of Containers, Container Corporation of India Ltd. (CONCOR) organized a Webinar on “Indigenous Manufacturing of Containers” on 05-03-2021.
- CONCOR involved all Stakeholders related to container manufacture, maintenance and operation in the Webinar.
Objective of EOI:
- Further to the above Webinar organised by CONCOR for Manufacturing of Containers in India, this EOI is being floated with the aim of preparing and showing the way forward for prospective Indigenous Container Manufacturers for the forthcoming Competitive Bidding Process.
- Container manufacturers shall be categorised as Indigenous Container Manufacturers as per the norms of Public Procurement (Preference to Make-in-India) Order, 2017 of Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Public procurement Section dated 16.09.2020.
- CONCOR is proposing to procure 6000 nos. of 20 Feet High Cube End Open Containers (34T) by a process of Two Packet Open Tender to be floated shortly.
- The purpose of this EOI is to prepare the prospective Indigenous Manufacturers for the forthcoming Competitive Bidding Process and also to take their suggestions and inputs so as to be able to achieve the objective of effectively developing indigenous manufacturers in pursuance of Government of India’s policies of “Make in India” & “Atma Nirbhar Bharat”. The two packet open tender shall be floated soon after the conclusion of this EOI.
Requirement of CONCOR is placed below:
|1||20 Feet High Cube End Open ISO Containers (34T)||6000 nos||A minimum developmental order of 1000 nos. Containers each shall be distributed amongst a maximum of 6 successful bidders.|
|2||Delivery schedule (Including approval of Prototype Testing & issuance of Type Approval of containers by Classification Societies).||D+365 Days||“D” is the date of issue of order by CONCOR.|
Technical Requirement for Manufacturers:
Following criteria will have to be met to qualify as a competent manufacturer in the Tendering Process:-
- “The manufacturer should be capable of manufacturing containers as per suitable ISO 1496 series standard/ International Convention for Safe Container (IMO CSC Code, 1972, as Amended).
- The Capability, Annual Capacity and Quality assessment of manufacturers may be carried out by any of the Classification Societies/Registered Organisations (registered with IACS/IMO and Directorate General of Shipping, Gov. of India, Mumbai) following comprehensive procedures developed by them.
- The manufacturer should be able to demonstrate knowledge and competency of their manpower in addition to the Quality systems to the satisfaction of the Classification Society and the availability of manufacturing and test facilities as per the requirement of Certification Schemes of the Classification Society”.
- A “Competent Manufacturer” certificate along with a Certificate of Capacity to Annually Manufacture at least 1000 Containers shall be required from the agencies mentioned above, and this will have to be submitted along with the Tender Bid in the competitive bidding process.
- Bidders may note that “Manufacturing can only commence after successful completion of Prototype Testing and issuance of Type Approval by Classification Society” and they may be required to ensure timely availability of certified testing arrangements for the same in accordance with delivery period.
Source: CONCOR-Tender | Image Credit: CONCOR