Central Railway’s Bhiwandi Road station has turned out to be a unique gift to manufacturers, traders and consumers this festive season. It has dispatched 4175 tonnes of parcel in 2,55,892 packages in a span of 2 months since its opening for goods and parcels. This initiative has met with a tremendous response.
- On its first dispatch 86.85 tonnes of parcel in 3,876 packages were loaded.
- From 10.9.2020 till 15.11.2020, 21 parcel trains have been sent from Bhiwandi Road station to Shalimar, Azara, Danapur and Patna, which have carried 4,175 tonnes of parcel in 2,55,892 packages.
- During this period the highest loading recorded was to Azara, Guwahati on 30.10.2020 with 457 tonnes of parcel in 25,749 packages & on 25.10.2020 with 435 tonnes of parcel in 25,344 packages.
- The loading at Bhiwandi Road station has shown a steady increase with every service.
- There has been a loading of 1,465 tonnes in 90,805 packages in the month of September-2020; 2,102 tonnes in 1,33,980 packages in the month of October-2020 and 607 tonnes in 31,107 packages in the month of November-2020 till date.
- Goods like furniture, refrigerators, electronic items, food products, medicines and cosmetics of popular brands like Godrej, onida, LG, Bajaj, Parle-G, Hindustan Lever, Del-Monte etc. have been dispatched till date from Bhiwandi Road station.
- Bhiwandi Road railway station on Mumbai Division lies on the Vasai-Diva-Panvel route of Central Railway.
- It is the connecting point of the North-South railway traffic and also connects the JNPT port with Railways.
- Bhiwandi is an industrial town and a textile and warehousing hub.
- Many e-commerce companies like Amazon, Flipkart, Reliance, Snapdeal, and FedEx have branches in the town.
- Bhiwandi Road station has multiple advantages like proximity to Mumbai and Thane city, adequate parking space for trucks and tempos, etc.
- This encouraging response has not only boosted railway revenue but has also helped generate job opportunities for local people.
- Truly it has proved to be no less than a festival gift from Railways to Manufacturers, Traders, Consumers and others.
Central Railway transported Mahindra Automobiles from Kalamboli to Benapole, Bangladesh, Maize from Bhusawal to Darshana, Bangladesh, Steel Pipes to Tinsukia from Nagothane, Mahindra’s automobiles from Nashik to Chitpur.
- Apart from the most popular amongst Kisan Rail & now Santra Rail from Nagpur, Soya Seeds from Badnera to Pollachi and new stations have been opened for the first time as freight/parcel loading points and also transported freight to new destinations like Guna, Jamnagar etc.
- All this new business was possible due to intensive marketing of the Business Development Unit set-up across all divisions of Central Railway.
- Central Railway has set-up Business Development Units at Zonal & Divisional level recently.
- These Business Development Units taking into consideration new proposals, schemes and suggestions submitted by the different freight aggregators, new customers, trade bodies and logistics companies.
- These initiatives by the BDUs yielded many new traffic and bridged a bond with trade and industry for new business.
- The Business Development Unit also aggressively markets new proposals and flexible schemes with local farmers, loaders, APMC and individuals and aggregate their demands.
- Business Development Unit of Mumbai Division has started its loading of automobiles through its 23 NMG from Kalamboli to Benapole recently, one rake of steel pipes were loaded from Nagothane to Tinsukia.
- Business Development Unit of Pune Division through its concerted efforts has regained the automobile traffic attained a huge increase in its loading thereby adding to the overall performance and revenue of the division.
- In the last 7months of this financial year till October 2020, transported automobiles in 46 NMG rakes which was equivalent to the automobile loading performance of the entire financial year of 2019-2020.
- There is a huge scope for automobile traffic in the next five months due to continuous liaison of BDU team of Pune division.
- Due to the attractive New Freight Policy introduced by Indian Railways, using Mini rake for beyond 1500 Kms DOC loaded from Kalmeshwar to Azara (NFR) for the first time, Soya seeds from Badnera to Pollachi, Tamilnadu, Wheat from Khandwa to Parbhani.
- For the First time ever 3 indents of maize for export from Bhusawal Goods Shed to Darsana (Bangladesh).
- Over Nagpur division after 4 years wheat traffic is regained at Betul Goods Shed, Tractor loading from Ajni to Phillaur, Firozpur, Cement loading to new destinations to Guna, Jamnagar from Badli.
- Indent freight/Parcel loading is also picking up, Capturing Banana traffic from Raver/Savda/Nimbhora.
- Giving a fillip to BDU initiatives Badnera has been opened for permanent Parcel traffic, Hinganghat is opened as parcel terminal for loading of textile cotton balls, seeds and yarn traffic for Bangladesh and other places.
- The Industry is more interested & willing for Rail Transportation of Goods and Commodities due to flexible schemes, low tariff, faster movement, safe and secure transportation and more importantly environment friendly.
Source: Central Railway-Press Release