Matunga Carriage Workshop rolled out its100th Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) coach after maintenance on 12th January 2021 in presence of Shri A.K. Gupta, Principal Chief Mechanical Engineer, Central Railway and other senior officials of Central Railway.
- The Matunga Workshop team has put in significant efforts for maintenance of LHB coaches, whose fleet on Central Railway is rapidly increasing.
- Despite the Covid pandemic, dedicated Matunga workshop team has continued with its regular outturn work and even covered the backlog of LHB coach maintenance.
- Shri Sanjeev Mittal, General Manager, Central Railway appreciated the quality work done by the Matunga team.
Recently, Central Railway Parel Workshop developed a prototype coach for carrying automobiles. It developed the New Modified Goods coach (NMGH) with improved fall plate for easier loading of automobiles, lashing channels for proper securing of vehicles, fully welded chequered plate floor, louvers for ventilation and natural pipe light illumination.
- It will increase the speed potential of NMGH coach from 75 to 110 kmph.
- RDSO will now conduct oscillation trails of this coach.
- Railways have become the safe and affordable transport for sending automobiles to various parts of the country and Bangladesh also.
- In order to improve the standards, an interaction took place between the Railways and Manufacturers of automobiles recently.
- The suggestions put forth by manufacturers for improvements in end opening, door design, fall plate and coach floor design & guidance for loading and unloading was referred by Central Railway to RDSO to improve the New Modified Goods (NMG) coach which is used for transporting automobiles.
- Automobile manufacturers also inspected the coach and expressed satisfaction over improved design.
- The speed potential of the NMGH automobile carrier will be a game changer in quick and safer transportation of the automobiles.
Source: Central Railway-Press Release