Datamatics, a global Digital Operations, Technology, and Experiences company, today announced that it has signed contract for design, supply, installation, testing, commissioning and comprehensive annual maintenance of EMV based open loop Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) system for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor of NCRTC (National Capital Region Transport Corporation). NCRTC issued the Letter of Acceptance to Datamatics in January 2022.
- As part of this project, Datamatics will be responsible for deploying AFC system for the nearly 82 km long Delhi-Meerut Corridor passing through one of the most densely populated sections of the National Capital Region connecting Delhi to Uttar Pradesh.
- Datamatics in consortium with AEP Ticketing Solutions, will implement the AFC solution with complete responsibility of supplying and implementing the system consisting of contactless ticket readers, smart gates, ticket vending machines, add value machines, point of sale terminals, and computing & communication infrastructure along with the complete device software suite.
- The NCRTC AFC System will support QR-code (physical and digital), EMV / RuPay* open loop contactless card based on NCMC standard and NFC Ticketing (on NFC devices).
Speaking on occasion, Rahul Kanodia, Vice Chairman and CEO, Datamatics, said, “Automatic Fare Collection is a focus area for Datamatics. Over the years, we have successfully worked on and delivered over 30 AFC projects across the globe, including high traffic cities like London, Melbourne, Hong Kong, and Dubai.”
Vinay Kumar Singh, MD, NCRTC, said, “Since inception, NCRTC has been a tech-driven organization. Continuing with our efforts to bring in new-age technological solutions for providing an enhanced commuter experience, we are delighted to have a partner like Datamatics for providing Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) system for the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor. The new age digital mobility requirements will be integrated with mobile apps, dynamic websites & open loop payments solutions.”
Sanjeev Subhedar, President & Head – Engineering Solutions, Datamatics, said, “Datamatics is the only Indian company with a robust AFC solution. In recent times, we have successfully executed AFC solution at Memphis area, San Diego, Lucknow, and Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine at Katra. We are also implementing AFC solution for 52 stations of Mumbai Metro line 2A, 2B, and 7. Recently Phase 1 of Mumbai Metro Line 2A and 7 has become operational for which Datamatics has implemented AFC system. He added, “We are delighted to be part of the Kolkata Metro and the Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor of NCRTC. We are committed to provide world-class AFC solution while adhering to project timelines and assure continued upgrades and support to our customers.”
- Datamatics (BSE: 532528 | NSE: DATAMATICS) a Digital Operations, Technology and Experiences company that provides intelligent solutions for data-driven businesses to increase productivity and enhance the customer experience.
- With a complete digital approach, Datamatics portfolio spans across Information Technology Services, Business Process Management, Engineering Services and Big Data & Analytics all powered by Artificial Intelligence. It has established products in Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Document Processing, Business Intelligence and Automatic Fare Collection.
- Datamatics services global customers across Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, International Organizations, and Media & Publishing. The Company has presence across 4 continents with major delivery centers in the USA, India, and Philippines.
National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) is a Joint Venture of Government of India and State Governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh and is mandated for designing, developing, implementing, financing, operating and maintaining Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) projects in the National Capital Region (NCR) to provide comfortable and fast transit to NCR towns and meet the high growth in transport demand.
Source: Datamatics -Press Release