In continuation to the tender for Final Alignment design including Aerial LiDAR survey, the National High Speed Rail Corporation Ltd. (NHSRCL) has invited online open e-tenders for the work “Carrying Out Environmental Impact Assessment Study / Field Work And Preparation Of Environment Impact Assessment Report & Environment Management Plan For Delhi-Amritsar High Speed Rail Corridor (About 459 Kms Long)”.
- Contract Package No: NHSRCL/CO/CA/EIA/2020/46
- Tender Security: INR 1,90,200/-
- Completion period of the Work: 6 months
- Pre-bid Meeting: 23.12.2020
- Tender submission start date: 31.12.2020
- Tender submission end date: 07.01.2021
- Date of opening of Tender online: 08.01.2021
NHSRCL is in the process of preparation of Detailed Project Report for new High speed rail corridors and present assignment is for Delhi-Amritsar High Speed corridor (approx. 459 kms) project.
Alignment of the proposed corridor is generally planned within and/or along the Right of Way (ROW) of existing/planned Highway/Expressway and/or Railways land, keeping in view the speed and constructability requirements of the High- Speed Rail Project. Expected ROW of the main line (excluding facilities) will be approx. 17.5 m ± 5 m depending on projects requirement.
Objective Of Assignment:
The overall objective of carrying out Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) is to assist NHSRCL in identifying environment and social impacts; prepare commensurate management plans to mitigate the identified issues and; ensure that the proposed works are designed and constructed in line with the regulations made by Govt. of India, State Governments and guidelines of World Bank.
Scope Of Services:
The main tasks envisaged under this work includes:
- Environmental Impact Assessment Study and Preparation of Environment Impact Assessment Report and Environment Management & Monitoring Plan: This will broadly include: Carrying out necessary surveys/investigations and establishing a credible baseline for one complete season except monsoon; carrying out stakeholder consultations as per guidelines of MoEF&CC and World Bank; Assessment of impacts due to project; Preparation of commensurate management, monitoring, mitigation plans; Preparation of cost estimates (including rate analysis) and other inputs for the EMP following the guidelines of World Bank and; Ensure/facilitate appropriate disclosure of documents.
- Preparation of necessary documents, forms, applications, maps and studies as required for obtaining various applicable permissions required from ministries / authorities like Ministry of Forest, Ministry of Environment & climate Change, Wildlife Department, Specified Zones etc. including preparation of work flow chart with time lines, fee requirement by concerned authorities for each of the clearance required for project development.
- Collection of Primary and secondary data, and the extent to which it is to be collected on either side of the ROW shall be guided by relevant Government/funding agency guidelines or good industrial practices as accepted by concerned authorities, in case relevant Government/funding agency guidelines are not available. The number of samples for monitoring, data collection, study area and other parameters mentioned in the TOR are indicative, relevant Government/funding agency guidelines shall be applicable. Details of above main tasks are given below;
Environmental Impact Assessment Study and Preparation of Environment Impact Assessment Report and Environment Management & Monitoring Plan:
The Contractor shall carry out the environmental impacts assessment study to understand the environmental impacts due to this project and prepare and submit the EIA Report containing mitigation measures and environment management & monitoring plan along with costs in a manner consistent with guidelines & policy of World Bank/ADB/JICA and in line with the applicable laws & regulations of the Government of India and concerned State Governments.
Objectives of EIA Study:
EIA study is to be conducted in compliance with the MoEF&CC requirements and Environmental Safeguard Policies of World Bank. The objective of the EIA is to ensure that anticipated adverse impacts on natural, physical and social environment likely to accrue on account of proposed project interventions are evaluated/assessed adequately and addressed through appropriate mitigation measures incorporated/integrated into the design and execution of works.The EIA shall be based on primary data collection, intensive site visits and detailed assessment, consultations with stakeholders and study/analysis of available secondary data.
EIA study in the assignment shall include collection of environmental baseline; identification of any environmentally & socially critical area; identification of the project activities and assessment of the associated environmental impacts of the proposed high-speed railway line project as part of the planning and design process and provide an Environmental Management and Monitoring Plan. The EIA will also formulate necessary measures to mitigate the identified impacts to acceptable levels along with the budgeted cost for the proposed measures. The EIA is to be carried out in a manner that achieves the following objectives:
- Establishes the environmental baseline in the study area.
- Identifies significant environmental issues and informs decision making for the proposed works, including analyses of various alternatives.
- Assesses potential impacts and provides for the requisite avoidance, minimization, management/mitigation and compensation measures, as needed.
- Appropriate mitigation measures are developed and environmental management plan/s addressing implementation, monitoring and reporting requirements are prepared.
- Addresses the identified environmental issues through appropriate planning and design of works and integrates EHS requirements into the bidding documents.
Tender documents may be downloaded from CPPP site https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app