In continuation to the tender for supply of Modular Cantilevers, the National Capital Region Transport Corporation Limited (NCRTC) (“the Purchaser”) has now invited online bids from eligible Bidders for the procurement of following contract package, subject to compliance with ADB policies and requirements:
- Contract No.: DM/EL/COR-OF/135: Package M2
- Name of work: Design, Manufacturing, Supply, Testing and Commissioning of Catenary Maintenance Vehicle and Engineering Maintenance Vehicle for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) Corridor.
- Completion Period: 548 Days
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 26-Mar-2021
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 12-Mar-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 23-Apr-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 16-Apr-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 23-Apr-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 23-Apr-2021
Source of Funds:
The Borrower or Recipient (hereinafter called “Borrower”) indicated in the BDS has applied for or received financing (hereinafter called “funds”) from the Asian Development Bank (hereinafter called “ADB”) toward the cost of the project named in the BDS. The Borrower intends to apply a portion of the funds to eligible payments under the contract(s) for which this Bidding Document is issued.
Brief about the Project and Scope of Bid:
National Capital Region Transport Corporation, a Joint Venture Company of Govt of India and State Governments of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh in India, has been mandated to implement Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTs) in National Capital Region (NCR) in India. RRTS is a dedicated high speed (maximum speed 160 kmph) rail-based mass commuter transit system connecting various nodal towns in NCR with Delhi. In the first phase of this project, three RRTS corridors namely Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut, Delhi-Alwar and Delhi-Panipat have been taken up.
- Delhi-Ghaziabad -Meerut RRTS corridor project has been sanctioned by the Government of India and presently the civil construction work in the above corridor is under progress.
- This 82.15 Km long corridor originates from a terminus station at Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi and terminates at Modipuram in Meerut in U.P. A line diagram of the alignment of the Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor is attached at Annexure-1 of Section 6 The alignment from Sarai Kale Khan upto Ghaziabad RRTS station is mostly away from the main road whereas most of the alignment from Ghaziabad till Modipuram is on the median of highway
- The subject Bid is for Design, Construction, Supply, And Commissioning of Catenary Maintenance Vehicle And Engineering Maintenance Vehicle for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) Corridor in India. required for this RRTS Depot and Siding.
- The scope of the supplier for the subject tender is as under:
- Submission of Design/calculations of components of maintenance vehicles and obtaining its approval from the Purchaser
- Manufacture of Maintenance Vehicles.
- Getting the vehicles inspected from the inspection agency including providing required inspection and testing facilities to the inspection agency.
- Supply and Transportation of maintenance vehicles and DLP spares from suppliers works to the designated locations / Depot of Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor, unloading, etc complete including transit insurance.
- Related Services for this contract for the supplies from within the Purchaser’s Country shall mean transportation of the Maintenance Vehicles from the Place of Manufacture to the designated place(s) of delivery including Transit Insurance from the Place of Manufacture to the Designated place(s) of delivery including all loading, unloading, handling etc.
- Warranty Period of 24 Months.
- Any other requirements as per Technical specifications/GCC/SCC and Pricing document.
- NCRTC has geared up construction activities on India’s first Regional Rail between Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut.
- Superstructures are now visible on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- Also , work for the RRTS viaduct near Dharamshila Marg, New Ashok Nagar in Delhi has already been started.
- In this 4.3 km elevated section of Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor, there will be the construction of a viaduct from Sarai Kale Khan RRTS Station to New Ashok Nagar Down ramp, including Jangpura entry ramp to the stabling yard, Jangpura.
- Two elevated RRTS stations, namely Sarai Kale Khan & New Ashok Nagar, will also be constructed, including a bridge over the Yamuna River.
- The RRTS will have a total length of 82.15 km (68.03 km elevated and 14.12 km underground) with 25 stations.
- It will have a design speed of 180 km per hour, maximum operating speed of 160 km per hour and high-frequency operations, which will reduce the journey time from Delhi to Meerut to 60 minutes.
Source: NCRTC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): NCRTC