Marking an important milestone for India’s first RRTS, the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) on Wednesday completed the launching, joining, and lowering of the first segmental box girder span near Ghaziabad in the presence of Shri Vinay Kumar Singh, Managing Director, NCRTC, and other senior officials of NCRTC.
- Superstructures are now visible on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor.
- MD/NCRTC inspected the ongoing construction works on the priority section.
- He also inspected the lifting of the first segment of the superstructure on another location near Sahibabad.
- A handbook on various necessary safety measures required & adopted during the construction of the RRTS project was also released by MD.
- Recently, NCRTC launched the first precast segment on Delhi–Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor between P382 – P383 between Guldhar and Duhai.
- Launching Girder which is also known as launching gantry is assembled on piers (pillars) through various stages on temporary supports (which are later on removed before segment lifting).
- The various segments lifted are joined together to make a viaduct.
- There will be 12 segments in the first span of 34 meters.
- This is a significant step towards the timely completion of this commuter centric project.
- Such progress, in these unprecedented times, has become possible only due to meticulous planning & efficient execution by Team NCRTC, and all-round positive support & facilitation provided by Governments and various stakeholders.
- NCRTC is taking all the safety measures to ensure that the launching work does not affect the public or the moving traffic.
Source: NCRTC-Press Release