NCRTC today commissioned its site office in Gurugram for the Delhi – Gurugram – SNB RRTS corridor. The site office was inaugurated by Shri. Vinay Kumar Singh, Managing Director, NCRTC in the presence of other senior officials of NCRTC.
- The site office is located at Leisure Valley Road, IFFCO Chowk, Gurugram.
- Pre-construction activities including geo-technical investigations, initial pile load tests, topographical surveys, shifting of electrical utilities, etc. are being carried out at various locations for the corridor.
- Earlier these activities were managed by the NCRTC team from their temporary site office in Gurugram.
- The NCRTC team will now operate from the state of the art site office located at IFFCO Chowk.
- NCRTC has finalized a site for establishing a casting yard in Gurugram for the Delhi-Gurugram – SNB RRTS corridor.
- A casting yard is a place where concrete components like segments, boundary wall panels, cast, shifted to their stackyard, cured for the specific period, and then shifted to the working site after they gain their required strength.
- The 107- km long Delhi – Gurugram – SNB corridor will have 16 stations.
- Once operational, the corridor is expected to bring down the travel time between Delhi-SNB to about 70 minutes as compared to the current 3-4 hr of travel by road.
Source: NCRTC-Press Release