In view of the recent surge in Covid-19 cases, the Delhi Metro has decided to intensify its drive to reinforce the measures to ensure social distancing and wearing of face masks inside stations/trains. As per the existing Covid Safety Protocol, it is mandatory for all the passengers to enter the station after thermal screening, hand sanitization, face properly covered with a mask and following social distancing in Metro premises throughout their journey.
- As part of the intensified measures for containing Covid-19 spread, entry at stations will be regulated based on the social distancing at the stations, especially at the major stations like Rajiv Chowk, Barakhamba Road, Central Secretariat, Patel Chowk, ITO etc. during morning and evening peak hours.
- While waiting in the queue, the passengers will be strictly required to wait on the marked social distancing circles/stripes.
- If it is found that the distancing is not followed at stations, entry gates will be closed for passengers at those stations until the distancing is ensured.
- Inside the trains, the number of flying squads and the frequency of checking drives is being increased to ensure that the Covid Safety protocol is strictly adhered by the passengers and offenders will be penalized on the spot.
- Due to the strict reinforcement of the social distancing norms, the passengers are advised to plan their journey in advance and allow for additional time of 20-30 minutes for their commute.
- If possible, off peak hour travel may also be opted by those who have flexibility to avoid overcrowding/long wait during peak hours.
- The Delhi Metro is also writing to the district administration to facilitate necessary assistance in ensuring social distancing and maintaining law and order outside Metro stations as there might be a spike in passengers waiting outside the stations while waiting for their turn to enter stations in line with social distancing norms.
- DMRC has also directed its officials posted at stations to intensify their inspection and ensure that all the travel protocols are strictly complied by both the Metro staff as well as the travelling public.
In continuation to the tender for supply of Train Control and Signalling System for Line-1, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has now invited online open e-tenders for the work “Contract: DC-27: Civil Works for Remodeling & Augmentation of Mukundpur Metro Depot cum Workshop including design, fabrication, supply & erection of pre-fabricated steel roof structures, roof portals, purlins, sheeting etc. and water supply, sanitary installation, drainage & site development works at Mukundpur Depot for Line 7 & Line 8 of Delhi MRTS Phase IV Project”.
- Tender Reference Number: DC-27
- Name of work: Civil Works for Remodeling & Augmentation of Mukundpur Metro Depot cum Workshop including design, fabrication, supply & erection of pre-fabricated steel roof structures, roof portals, purlins, sheeting etc. and water supply, sanitary installation, drainage & site development works at Mukundpur Depot for Line 7 & Line 8 of Delhi MRTS Phase IV Project.
- Approximate cost of work: INR 71.37 Crores
- Completion period of the Work: 30 Months
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 07-Apr-2021
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 26-Mar-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 04-May-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 27-Apr-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 04-May-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 05-May-2021
Scope of Works:
To provide for maintenance and stabling facilities for the trains running on Line-8 corridor, an expansion of Depot cum workshop at Mukundpur in Delhi has been planned. The brief scope of the aforementioned work for Remodeling & Augmentation of Mukundpur Metro Depot cum Workshop includes design and construction of Pre-Engineered Buildings for Workshop & Inspection sheds for Line 7 & Line 8 and Storage Sheds (existing architectural similarities to be maintained in the proposed PEB structures).
- The work also includes construction of substructure i.e. foundations, pits, grade slab, RCC columns, beams etc. for PEB buildings, construction of RCC buildings proposed in the Depot for Line 8, diversion of existing utilities, construction of new utilities and dismantling scheme of portion of sheeting/walls of existing Workshop & Inspection Bay of Line 7.
- All the Design of Permanent works for civil construction works (excluding PEB) shall be undertaken by Detailed Design Consultants under arrangement of DMRC, while Design of all temporary works and working drawings (bar bending schedules etc.) and all non-structural works will be in the scope of Contractor. Design of all temporary works shall be done by Structural Design Engineer of the Contractor.
- The Contractor shall submit credentials pertaining to work experience of similar works of Structural Design Engineer and seek NOC from the Employer before commencement of any design works.
Source: DMRC-Press Release