Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC) has floated open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfill qualification criteria for licensing of exclusive advertising rights of Delhi Metro trains on Line-7 of DMRC network.
- Tender Reference Number: DMRC/PB/42370002/TT
- Name of Work: Licensing of exclusive advertising rights of Delhi Metro trains on Line-7 of DMRC network.
- EMD: INR 14,19,000/-
- License Period: 09 Years
- Document Download/Sale Start Date: 12th Dec, 2023
- Document Download/Sale End Date: 11th Jan, 2024
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 19th Dec, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 03rd Jan, 2024
- Bid Submission End Date: 11th Jan, 2024
- Tender Opening Date: 12th Jan, 2024
- To augment non-operational revenue of DMRC through advertisements.
- Position Delhi Metro as one of the most sought after locations for advertising.
- Contribute to the aesthetical view of the Delhi Metro through high quality advertising comparable to world class Airports & Metro Railways and other leading destinations.
- Provide value to the Corporate who advertises in Delhi Metro.
- To promote Delhi Metro as the gateway to Tourism in Delhi by highlighting Delhi‟s heritage and cultural beauty.
Scope of Work:
The selected Bidder shall have exclusive rights to design, procure/manufacture, install, manage, operate, maintain, market and sell advertising opportunities on selected Delhi Metro trains on Line-7 subject to the terms and conditions specified in the Draft License Agreement. Licensee shall be responsible for the following activities:
The Licensee shall have to earmark, develop & maintain up to 5% of total advertisement area in each train subject to minimum chargeable advertisement spaces, acceptable to DMRC, for carrying out social activities or social messages by DMRC in consonance with its extant CSR policy.
Cost of printing such messages will be borne by DMRC. This 5% space shall be over and above the tendered/minimum offered area inside each train. For example, if the minimum offered area is 100 sqm inside each train, licensee shall have to earmark 5 sqm area excluding 100 sqm offered/licensed area.
In case some of the advertising panels are left out / opted out by the licensee in the trains, the same shall also be maintained by the contractor/licensee and social messages / social activities/DMRC messages as desired by DMRC shall be put up by the contractor/licensee on these advertising panels.
- Section: From Majlis Park to Shiv Vihar Metro stations of Line-7.
- Cost for printing advertisements with regard to social marketing activities or social messages shall be borne by DMRC.
- Procurement, fabrication, installation & erection of advertising units. Advertisement inventory shall include prefabricated static advertisement spaces/panels, (as per details in Annexure-I of the DLA and Annexure-1 of RFP) inside Metro trains and train exterior for wrapping.
- Operate, manage and maintain the entire advertisement plans. Management of sales & marketing of the train advertising including providing adequate professionally trained manpower.
- Design of themes depicting Delhi culture and its natural beauty and Delhi tourism for display at the advertising sites as per the tender conditions.
- Promote DMRC Advertising.
- Create new innovative advertising opportunities of Metro trains including experiential marketing, advertisements by visual aids and smart posters for use e-commerce for on-line or off-line shopping purposes, etc.
- Obtain all approvals, permits, etc. from all competent authorities including different tiers of government, statutory, local, Civic Authorities, etc. at their own cost.
- Comply with Agreement.
- The details of all available static advertisement panels are given as per Annexure-I of DLA and Annexure-1 of RFP.
- Ensure regular and timely payments of all amounts due to DMRC and discharge all obligations as per License Agreement.
- All taxes including Municipal/Advertisement Taxes, GST and all other statutory dues where applicable shall be borne solely by the licensee without any contest.
- At present, DMRC is not liable to share its revenue generated from advertisements inside DMRC Metro stations/trains with local bodies including MCD, etc.
- However, if DMRC becomes liable to share revenue with local bodies from advertisements inside trains in future, then DMRC shall deposit the due share to local bodies out of its own funds. Licensee shall not be liable to part with any additional amount on this account.
The maintenance of the static advertisement panels is to be carried out and done by the licensee at its own cost. The maintenance of the digital panels being used by the licensee shall be done by DMRC at the cost of licensee, the lump sum cost of which has been included in the maintenance/ service charges provided in the tender document i.e. Rs. 3.00 Lakh per depot per quarter + GST, to be increased and escalated @ 5% after completion of every year of the License Period on compounding basis.
Bidders and/ or their holding companies and/ or other subsidiaries controlled by the same holding company should have a minimum annual average turnover of ₹ 2.97 Crores in the last three (3) audited financial statements/ years i. e. FY 2020-21, FY 2021-22 and FY 2022-23 duly certified by statutory auditor/ chartered accountant under his signature along with stamp (i. e. gross aggregate turnover of ₹ 8.91 Crores in the last three financial years stated above).
- The bidders shall upload the audited financial statements including profit and loss account for the above mentioned last three (3) financial years, as applicable and stated above. In case of JV/ Consortium, the audited reports of each relevant member of JV/ Consortium for the last three (3) financial years shall be submitted.
- In case the audited balance sheet of the latest financial year i.e. 2022-23 is not yet available, then the bidder(s) is required to submit financial statements/ reports for FY 2019-20, FY 2020-21 and FY 2021-22 along with an affidavit and a certificate from the Statutory Auditor duly certifying that the balance sheet for FY 2022-23 has not been audited so far.
- For the purpose of the above said eligibility criteria, turnover of the bidding entities including holding companies and or other group subsidiaries companies and controlled by the same holding company, whether Indian or foreign would be considered.
- If the bidder fulfills the eligibility criteria on account of the holding company or subsidiary company and not on its own capability, the bidder has to submit an additional Interest Free Security Deposit equivalent to six (6) months of license fee in the form of Bank Guarantee/ Demand Draft/ RTGS/ NEFT/ IMPS as per clause 8.3 of RFP. This will be in addition to the regular Interest Free Security Deposit required as per contract conditions.
- In all such cases where the bidder submits the financials of its holding or other group subsidiary company for the purpose of evaluation of eligibility, the concerned holding company and/ or subsidiary company shall also submit a letter of consent/ undertaking for such submission of financial data for evaluation purpose and acceptance of terms and conditions of the bid document as per the prescribed format (Annexure-12).
- Bidders who opt to include and submit the turnover of its controlling company and or other group subsidiaries companies, controlled by the same holding company for the purpose of evaluation of eligibility, they shall also submit explicit documentary evidence of controlling interest between the holding companies and its other group subsidiary companies whose financials are submitted.
- The bidder must be an Indian entity, however the holding company or its group subsidiary company whose financials are included for evaluation of eligibility may be incorporated overseas.
- In case the successful bidder (H1) fails to accept the terms and conditions of the LOA and/ or fails to make due payments, then such Bidder and/ or their holding companies and/ or other subsidiaries and controlled by the same holding company and where such financials are resorted to and submitted for the purpose of evaluation of eligibility shall be dealt as per relevant clause of Chapter-11 i.e. “Banning Policy” of this tender document. The decision of DMRC in such a case shall be final.
- For the purpose of evaluation of the consortium/ JV each member‟s contribution towards the turnover shall be considered in the same ratio of their equity participation in the consortium/ JV.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC
Join us for the upcoming Railway Innovation Summit with 400+ Top Rail & Metro Industry Leaders on 30th Jan, 2024 in New Delhi, India. Register here and participate in the summit.