As part of the ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’ initiative of the government, the Delhi Metro observed the ‘Swachhta Pakhwada’ from 01st April to 15th April 2021 under which a host of cleanliness activities were organised to promote cleanliness across all vulnerable locations on its network.
- Each day of the pakhwada was dedicated to a specific area(s) viz. station premises, depots, residential colonies, site offices and construction sites etc. for carrying out these cleaning and sanitation activities etc.
- This time, the main focus was on “Hygiene and Sanitation” particularly keeping in mind the ongoing pandemic and to reinforce the message of cleanliness amongst the public.
- In order to make the general public aware about the significance of the Pakhwada and to sensitize about cleanliness and hygiene in and around the metro premises such as:
- Ticket vending machines
- Ticket counters/Customer Care Centre
- Security frisking and baggage handling points
- Passengers movement area i.e entrance, concourse and platforms
- Toilets especially those meant for Divyang passengers
- Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) gate
- Stairs and handrails
- Cleaning of Lifts, escalators & Travelators
- Metro parking area
- During this fortnight, drives were taken for removal of encroachment, beggars/vendors etc. in and around Metro premises.
- Moreover, removal of posters, debris, damaged items etc. from Metro properties, viaducts, station areas were also executed during the period.
- DMRC has always been appreciated for the cleanliness maintained by it at its stations and inside trains.
- These steps will help in further improving the travel experience for its commuters and encourage everyone to keep their premises clean and well maintained in the true spirit of the ‘Swacch Bharat Mission’ of the government.
Customer Satisfaction Survey:
Meanwhile, the Transport Strategy Centre (TSC), London which manages CoMET and NOVA benchmarking groups, will be conducting the “8th Online Customer Satisfaction Survey” from 12th April (Monday) – 9th May (Sunday) 2021.
- The main objective of the survey is to know what the commuters think about various aspects of Metro Operations including feedback/suggestions on improving the quality of service.
- Commuters who wish to participate in the Survey can visit DMRC’s official website www.delhimetrorail.com and submit the Survey online by clicking on the given links. The Survey form will be available in both English and Hindi.
- Commuters will be able to give their feedback on all the important aspects of Metro functioning such as:
- Overall Satisfaction
- Information availability
- Quality of Service
- Customer care
- Safety & Security
- Ease of Use
- Information Prior to Travel and During the Travel
- Experience during Covid pandemic.
- Member metros of Comet and Nova groups across the world are participating in this survey to find out what their passengers think of the service they provide.
- The results of the survey will help them to learn good practices which are admired by commuters and work toward giving customers even better service.
Source: DMRC-Press Release | Image Credit: DMRC