The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) successfully organised a stakeholder interaction session on co-branding rights collaboration opportunity at Metro Bhawan. The session witnessed active participation from representatives of over 30 organisations, including OOH media firms, media agencies, and public and private organisations with establishments in the vicinity of metro stations.
- The meeting held on Wednesday was chaired by Dr. Vikas Kumar, Managing Director of DMRC, in the presence of Dr. Amit Kumar Jain, Director Operations and Services, and Shri Ajit Sharma, Director Finance, who addressed participant queries and suggestions during the session.
- A number of notable media firms participated in the session such as Pioneer Publicity, Hindustan Publicity, JC Decaux, Times OOH, Rapport media agency, and Promodone, including esteemed government organisations and PSUs such as Indraprastha Gas, SIDBI, Indian Railway Finance Corp, and Sports Authority of India. Private organisations like Shoppers Stop, IndusInd Bank, AVG Logistics, Unity Group, RCube Projects, and Skoda dealership also took part.
- DMRC advisors from Auctus-Studiopod delivered a comprehensive presentation on the global adoption of co-branding rights, showcasing successful examples from stadiums, bus terminals, trams, cable cars, and metro networks across the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Europe, and America. The presentation highlighted previous instances of metro naming rights at DMRC, as well as in cities like Mumbai.
- The co-branding opportunity offered by DMRC allows organisations to attach their brand names as a prefix or suffix to metro station names, in addition to securing a few hundred square metres of space inside and outside the stations. Collaterals such as canopies, kiosks, and station colouring with brand colours are also included.
- DMRC is considering the inclusion of in-train announcements featuring the prefixed or suffixed brand names to provide further value to interested organisations.
- The enthusiastic participants provided valuable suggestions on enhancing the attractiveness of the opportunity, which were thoroughly discussed. DMRC officials assured the participants that these suggestions would be duly considered in the future process.
- Following the presentation and discussion, the attendees were treated to a guided metro station visit at Shivaji Stadium Metro station. The officials led the participants on a station walk through, highlighting the available branding spaces and naming elements for brands.
- DMRC is in the process of finalising tenders for co-branding opportunities at selected stations, including New Delhi Station, Kashmere Gate, Nehru Place, Ashram, Vasant Vihar, Khan Market, Hauz Khas, etc. A number of measures are being taken to augment DMRC’s non ticketing revenues. Property Development measures at stations, consultancy assignments abroad are some of these initiatives.
Source: DMRC- Press Release | Images Credit: DMRC