Share with your network
The Delhi Metro has qualified for the pre-qualification tender process for an international consultancy project to construct the Phase-1 Project of Bahrain Metro.
- The Delhi Metro is bidding for this project which involves building of around a 30 kilometers network with 20 stations.
- In view of this, the Delhi Metro signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with BEML Limited. As a part of this MoU, the BEML will be responsible for manufacturing and supplying of Rolling Stock and the Delhi Metro will provide expertise in the fields of project development, budgeting and facilitating development of contractual obligations for the Bahrain Metro Project.
- The MOU was signed by Shri Saleem Ahmed, Executive Director (Last Mile Connectivity), Delhi Metro and Shri D.S. Ganesh, General Manager (Marketing), BEML in the presence of Shri Vikas Kumar, Managing Director, Delhi Metro and Shri Amit Banerjee, Chairman & Managing Director, BEML.
- The Delhi Metro is actively exploring opportunities to bag international projects for construction and operations of metros across the world. Earlier, the Delhi Metro has qualified in the pre-bid process for construction of Tel Aviv Metro Project in Israel.
- In addition, the DMRC is also in the process of bidding for other international metro projects such as Alexandria in Egypt, Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam and Mauritius as well. The DMRC is currently engaged in the construction of Dhaka Metro in Bangladesh as a consultant.
Source: DMRC- Press Release | Images Credit: DMRC
Congratulations. A great pride moment of every one associated with metro train system