In the wake of revised guidelines issued today by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi; on the extension of Curfew in Delhi for the containment of Covid-19, the Delhi Metro services will be resumed for the general public from 7th June 2021 with 50% seating capacity only.
- On Monday, only half of the available trains were inducted into service with a frequency ranging from approx. 5 to 15 min on different Lines.
- The number of trains will be inducted in full strength in a graded manner by Wednesday and thereafter, services will be available as per normal frequency which was available before the lockdown.
- General public is advised to cooperate with the Metro authorities in ensuring compliance to Covid appropriate behaviour inside Metro premises throughout their travel.
- In order to ensure social distancing and compliance to 50% seating inside trains, the public is also advised to take extra time for their daily commute and exhibit covid appropriate behaviour outside the stations also while waiting for their turn to enter the station.
- Entry at stations will continue to be regulated through identified gates as was the practice earlier.
- DMRC is also writing to appropriate authorities for maintenance of law and order outside Metro stations to handle the extra rush as the Metro services resume once again from Monday in the ongoing pandemic scenario.
- To ensure compliance to Covid appropriate behaviour inside Metro premises, around 15 metro stations were intermittently closed briefly on Monday during morning and evening peak hours.
- Special flying squads (9 in no.) were also deployed to randomly check inside trains for any kind of violations and counsel people to refrain from doing so for their own and everyone’s safety.
Meanwhile, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has invited Expression of Interest (EOI) from National and International Consultants having experience of working as General / Project Consultants in Metro Rail Systems. The expression is invited for short listing of consultants for issue of Request for Proposal (RFP) for “Contract DCS-1B: Consultancy Services for implementation of Delhi MRTS Project Phase-IV”.
- Name of EOI: Short Listing of Consultants for Consultancy Services for implementation of Delhi MRTS Project Phase-IV
- Pre-EOI Meeting: 08.06.2021 at 1100 hrs.
- EOI submission start: 20.06.2021 (1100 hrs).
- EOI submission end: 28.06.2021 (1500 hrs).
- Date & time of opening of EOI: 29.06.2021 at 1500 hrs.
About The Project:
Delhi MRTS Project Phase-IV (Priority Corridors) consists of following Corridors:
|Length (Km)||Station||Length (Km)||Station||Length (Km)||Station|
|Mukundpur-Maujpur (Extension of Line-7)||12.558||8||0||0||12.558||8|
|Janakpuri (W)-R.K.Ashram (Extension of Line-8)||21.180||14||7.740||7||28.92||22|
Source: DMRC-Press Release | Image Credit: DMRC