In continuation to the tender for Electrical & Mechanical works at 23 stations of extension of Line 7 & 8, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has now invited tender for providing following Escalators on lease basis for the DMRC Phase – IV Network and maintaining these Escalators for 180 months against payment of lease charges monthly (to be paid by DMRC to Lessor in 180 months) and maintenance charges quarterly (to be paid by DMRC to Lessor per quarter in 45 quarters) by DMRC on the basis of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety requirements of Escalators.
The requirements of Escalators in Delhi MRTS Phase-IV for Lease and Maintenance Agreement DE-07 (LMA DE-07) are as per following details:-
|Approx. Qty. of Escalators
|Janakpuri West to R. K. Ashram
|Mukundpur to Maujpur
|Aerocity to Tughlakabad
- DMRC has adopted single stage, two-packets (technical bid qualification process and financial bid process) bidding process (collectively referred to as the “Bidding Process”) for selection of the Lessor for award of the Project.
- The work of LMA “DE-07” shall be awarded to L-1 (Lowest financially evaluated Lessor in terms of Present Value of ”Total Charges” as defined in Request for Proposal Documents).
- 216 Months considering the 36 months initial installation and commissioning of escalators, lease for next 180 months after commercial opening date and maintenance of each escalator for next 180 months after commercial opening date.
- Approximate capital cost of work: INR 227.56 Crores
- Tender Security: INR 1,00,00,000/-
- Completion period of the Work: 216 Months
- Bidder’s Conference (Pre-bid Meeting-1): 10.11.2020
- Bidder’s Conference (Pre-bid Meeting-2): 24.11.2020
- Tender submission start date: 09.12.2020
- Tender submission end date: 17.12.2020
- The contract period shall be 216 Months considering the 36 months of initial installation and commissioning period including commissioning of escalators work and considering lease and maintenance period of 180 months.
- This means that contract shall be operative till completion of maintenance period of 180 months (after completion of commercial opening date and commissioning of last escalator).
- The Lessor will be responsible for design, manufacturing and supplying, delivering, testing and commissioning of the Escalators and maintain it for the 180 months period.
- The Lessor shall also be responsible for maintenance of all Storage infrastructure and facilities including all Machinery & Plant.
- The Lessor will be required to meet the specified performance criteria provided in the Bid Documents for the Escalators.
Management of Stores:
- Stores facilities at Sites and Maintenance Sites under Phase-IV of DMRC shall be created by Lessee and shall be handed over to the Lessor for the purpose of maintenance of escalators.
- Initially the Lessor shall be handed over the escalator shaft at each station.
- The Lessor shall be responsible for complete management of the handed over escalator shaft.
- The escalator shafts at stations may be handed over to the Lessor by Lessee in phased manner.
Operation of Escalators:
- After Commercial Opening Date, authorized representatives of Lessee shall daily operate (switch on and switch off) the escalators as per operation requirements based on the training given by Lessor.
Maintenance of Escalator at Stations:
- The maintenance and upkeep of the escalators and all other Storage facilities, over the entire contract period shall be the responsibility of the Lessor.
- DMRC at his discretion may advise the Lessor in writing about revised (increase or decrease in quantity of escalators limited to ±25% of original tendered quantity or part thereof as mentioned in Letter of Award at the same terms and conditions) requirement of Escalators in DMRC Phase – IV.
- For any revision in quantity, DMRC may exercise the option up to 30 months from the date of Letter of award which shall be mandatorily accepted by Lessor as per terms & conditions of Lease and Maintenance Agreement at already agreed prices and no other additional mounts / payment whatsoever on account of revised quantity or any other account whatsoever shall be payable to the Lessor or after 30 months from the date of Letter of award on mutual agreement basis between Lessor and DMRC.
Tender document can only be obtained online after registration of tenderer on the website www.eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Source: DMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC