Spreading the reach of its last mile connectivity solutions for Metro commuters, Dr. Mangu Singh, Managing Director/DMRC on 25.02.2021 flagged off a fleet of 25 e-rickshaws, called ‘ETO’ from Jamia Millia Islamia Metro station of Magenta Line.
- These E-rickshaws will be plying from 6 AM to 11 PM daily providing last mile connectivity to nearby localities like, Batla House, Gaffar Manzil, Okhla Vihar, Zakir Nagar, Hazi Colony and Noor Nagar etc.
- A Charging Station for these electric vehicles has also been set up to ensure seamless service throughout the day.
- Initially, 25 ETO rickshaws are being introduced into service from the station which will be increased to 50 in next few days covering two more stations of this line- Sukhdev Vihar and Jasola Vihar Shaheen Bagh.
- These GPS enabled ETO are specially designed having a covered cabin and full front windscreen to provide last mile connectivity within an area of 3-4 KM around Metro stations.
- The fares have been kept very nominal at a base price of Rs. 10 for first 2 Kms and Rs. 5 for subsequent KM.
- The commuters can also book vehicles through the ETO app and pay digitally for their rides.
- DMRC has partnered with a consortium of M/s ETO Pvt. Ltd. (Operator) and M/s GEM Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. (Manufacturer) under their brand name ETO to run these services from above three stations.
- The commuters can avail more information regarding this facility on the Helpline number managed by M/s ETO at 18001030975 or visit www.etomotors.com.
- Presently, over 300 e-rickshaws are already providing last mile connectivity service from 36 Metro stations spread across the network.
- In its continued efforts to boost last mile connectivity, DMRC will be further introducing e-rickshaw services from 15 more Metro stations by the end of next month.
As part of its continued endeavour to enhance commuting experience for its passengers, Delhi Metro on 09.02.2021 commissioned 10 additional escalators at nine Metro stations including two new ones at Kashmere Gate Metro station, thereby taking the total tally of escalators at this station alone to a record 47 escalators for convenient passenger movement.
- These newer, easy to maintain escalators, updated with latest software will provide more ease to commuters especially during peak hours.
- The other stations where one additional escalator each has been commissioned today for passenger service are: – Rithala on Red Line and Uttam Nagar (East), Nawada, Rajouri Garden, Shadipur, Yamuna Bank, Subhash Nagar and R K Ashram Marg on Blue Line.
- Kashmere Gate is the only multilayered triple interchange station of the Delhi Metro network which provides interchange facility between Line-1 (Red Line), Line–2 (Yellow Line) and Line-6 (Violet Line).
- With the addition of two more escalators today, it has become India’s only Metro station having so many escalators facilitating convenient passenger movement between various levels.
- The station also has one of the tallest escalators of the network with a height of 14.5 m, after Janakpuri (West) on Magenta Line which has the tallest escalator with a height of 15.6 m. Besides this, there are six parallel escalators for interchange between Violet and Red Line and vice-versa, which is probably a rare and unique engineering feat at a station area across world Metros.
- Delhi Metro is also in the process of installing 22 more escalators at major stations across the network including five at Kashmere Gate thereby taking the total number of escalators at this station to 52.
- The other stations are:-
- Red Line: Dilshad Garden, Mansarovar Park, Shahdara, Seelampur, Netaji Subhash Place and Inderlok.
- Yellow Line: Model Town and Chhatarpur.
- Blue Line: Rajouri Garden, Tagore Garden, Jhandewalan, Rajender Place, Laxmi Nagar and Noida Sec-15.
- Green Line: Ashok Park Main.
- The installation and commissioning of these 22 escalators for passenger services is likely to be completed within the next 5-6 months.
- Further, Delhi Metro has also planned to install 32 more escalators at major stations such as Adarshnagar, Kirti Nagar, Noida Sec-16, Vaishali, Mundka etc. by March 2022.
- Presently, Delhi Metro has more than 1100 escalators installed and commissioned at its stations across the Delhi-NCR network with 389 KM and 285 stations.
Source: DMRC-Press Release