Share with your network
Giving a further boost to its efforts in ensuring enhanced last mile connectivity for Metro commuters, Dr. Mangu Singh, Managing Director/DMRC today flagged off a fleet of 25 e-rickshaws, called ‘ETO’ from Noida Electronic City Metro station of Blue Line.
- These E-rickshaws will be plying from 6 AM to 11 PM daily providing last mile connectivity to nearby localities of Noida Electronic City Metro station.
- Initially, 25 ETO rickshaws are being introduced into service from the station which will be increased to 100 by the end of next month, covering more stations in Noida section of Blue Line which include Sector-62, Noida Sector-59, Noida Sector-61, Noida Sector-34 etc.
- These GPS enabled e-rickshaws are specially designed having a covered cabin and full front windscreen to provide last mile connectivity within an area of 4-5 KM around Metro stations.
- The fares have been kept very nominal at a base price of Rs. 10 for the first 2 KM and Rs. 5 for subsequent KM.
- The commuters can also book vehicles through the ETO app and pay digitally for their rides.
- DMRC has partnered with a consortium of M/s ETO Pvt. Ltd. (Operator) and M/s GEM Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. (Manufacturer) under their brand name ETO to run these e-rickshaws from above stations.
- The commuters can avail more information regarding this facility on the Helpline number managed by M/s ETO.
- Presently, over 310 e-rickshaws are already providing last mile connectivity service from 34 Metro stations spread across the network.
- In its continued efforts to boost last mile connectivity, DMRC will be further introducing e-rickshaw services from 13 more Metro stations by the end of next month.
Despite the various constraints posed by the Covid pandemic in the last more than a year, Delhi Metro in its efforts to continuously enhance travel experience for its commuters, has successfully introduced the facility of free high speed wifi service from all Metro stations of its Yellow Line (i.e, Line-2 from HUDA City Centre to Samaypur Badli) from 17.10.2021.
- This service, coinciding with the start of festival season, is launched on this Line which consists of 37 Metro stations and runs mostly underground through one of the most congested parts of Delhi covering outer Delhi, north Delhi through central Delhi and south Delhi and finally Gurugram.
- More than 330 access points have been installed at these 37 stations to provide uninterpreted internet access to the commuters.
- This High Speed Free Wi-Fi Service will prove to be a special boon to students travelling to and from North Delhi Campus of Delhi University.
- Passengers will be able to use standard internet applications like Email, Facebook, Google Search, WhatsApp, Video and Audio calls etc. by simply logging into network ID “OUI DMRC FREE Wi-Fi”.
- The process of accessing the free WiFi at the stations is:-
- Select “OUI DMRC FREE WIFI” on your phone.
- Enter your phone number and email ID to get OTP by SMS.
- Enter the OTP, accept terms and conditions and tap the connect button to enjoy free Wi-fi.
- OUI DMRC Free High-Speed Wi-Fi connectivity is already available on all stations of the Blue Line and Airport Express Line (The network is restored after Covid).
- The Blue Line (Dwarka Sector 21 to Noida Electronic City/Vaishali) consists of 50 metro stations wherein, over 400 access points are placed by DMRC to provide uninterpreted internet access whereas, Airport Express Line (New Delhi Railway Station to Dwarka Sector 21, linking Indira Gandhi International Airport) consisting of six stations has been provided with over 50 access points to provide uninterpreted internet access.
- With the launch of High-Speed WI-Fi at all stations of Yellow Line, “Oui DMRC Free WI-Fi” is now available at 94 stations of the Delhi Metro Network.
- This Free Wi-Fi service is being provided by a Consortium led by M/S Techno Sat Comm.
- Apart from providing free WiFi at the Metro stations across its network, DMRC in association with Techno Sat Comm is striving to introduce this facility inside Metro trains also in a year’s time from here on.
- Upgrading and installing the desired access points is quite a challenging task in already operational trains.
- DMRC on trial basis had introduced free wifi service in the trains of its Airport Line, which were suspended due to Covid induced constraints in 2020 and are now in the process of being restored within the next 10-15 days time.
Source: DMRC-Press Release
Be the first to comment