Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has invited online bids from eligible bidders, as per the terms and conditions described elsewhere in this RFP document, with requisite financial, managerial and technical expertise and experience to design, develop, finance and construct ‘National Metro Rail Knowledge Centre (NMRKC)’ with Integrated Property Development at Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station on Badli-Huda City centre corridor of Delhi Metro on the basis of a Concession Agreement for a period of 31 years 06 months (30 years for lease & 18 months for construction) from the date of Issue of LOA.
- Tender Reference Number: NMRKC-01
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 19-Aug-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 13-Oct-2021
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 01-Sep-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 06-Oct-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 13-Oct-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 14-Oct-2021
About the Project:
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is a joint venture of the Government of India (GOI) and the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) and is engaged in implementation and operation of the Delhi Metro Rail Project.
- As per the approved funding plan, a portion of the Capital and recurring expenditure of the project is to be met by value capture from real estate along the metro corridors.
- DMRC has succeeded in developing many properties along the metro routes, some on its own and some through combinations of public-private partnership. DMRC intends to develop many more properties for various uses along the routes of Delhi MRTS project.
- One such location has been identified at vishwavidyalaya metro station, where a land parcel of approximately 3000 sqm. area is available for the Establishment of National Metro Rail Knowledge Centre along with property development. A Surface Parking of 2800 sqm is also available on the adjoining plot which is functional at present. DMRC intends to develop these properties (3000 for NMRKC + 2800 sqm for surface parking) on a Public Private Partnership basis, and proposes to associate a Concessionaire for this project on the basis of a Concession.
- The purpose of this structure to disseminate Knowledge on Metro Construction, Operation facilities, challenges, latest developments, history & sharing of other experiences with other Metros & General public to promote use of Metro system.
- The centre will showcase the growth and development of Metro Railway in India and will act as a hub of Knowledge about Metro technologies.
- The Centre will exhibit materials and display chronicling the evolution of Metro rail in India and will also have provisions for audio visual screening of films and documentaries, research work with the help of book and other archival publications about the metro.
- It is proposed to carry out the Design & construction of a building including civil, Architectural, E&M, HVAC, Lifts, finishing, water supply, external development work etc. for the purpose of Establishment of National Metro Rail Knowledge Centre, in the proposed (3000 sqm) land by a concessionaire for a concession period of 31 years 6 months (including 18 month for construction period) from the date of issue of LOA.
- The building shall be Ground + 2 Floor with 2 basements & Terraces (1&2) comprising of Parking area, Museum area (Exhibition areas, seminar halls, Multimedia theatre, simulator room, library) & commercial area (Restaurant cum Bar, Café, Souvenir Shop & Plaza). Ground+2 floor is for the purpose of Museum, Souvenir shop, Café & Plaza; Basement (1 st & 2 nd ) is for the purpose of Parking, Terrace 1 st & 2 nd is for the purpose of Restaurant cum Bar.
Scope of Work:
Following items shall be designed, constructed, developed and completed in all respects as per approved plans and drawings by DMRC and shall be commissioned by the concessionaire.
- Construction of two basements for smart parking with automatic boom barriers and payment through Fastag/UPI/NCMC card.
- Construction of Museum ( Ground + 2 Floors )
- Construction of Restaurant cum bar at Terrace 1 & 2 for operation of which permission/approval etc. is to be taken by the concessionaire from statutory authorities.
- Concessionaire shall take required approval from statutory authorities for construction of building.
- During construction if any utilities are encountered the same will be diverted by Concessionaire at their own cost.
- External & Internal Architectural finishes of entire building.
- Electrical works
- HVAC work
- Fire safety installation including Fire Tanks /Pumps /Alarms etc.
- Diesel Generator of sufficient capacity for power Backup of the whole Building.
- Concessionaire will do interface meeting with IT, S&T, Electrical, Lift , Civil , Corporate Communication wings of DMRC on regular basis.
- Concessionaire will also provide access to other departments to install
- their systems to complete the NMRKC work in all respect for
- commissioning in 18 months.
- Site development work including plaza, Boundary Wall, internal road, Footpath etc Horticulture work etc Surface parking as smart parking with payment through Fastag/UPI/NCMC card Concessionaire shall appoint a Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) and submit their credentials for approval to DMRC.
- After approval by DMRC, concessionaire shall engage the approved DDC for structural design and drawings of building. DDC shall not be allowed to change any dimensional size as mentioned in the drawings enclosed with the RFP documents. Concessionaire will submit the model, Structural design & drawings, Construction methodology, Detailed Construction programme, Quality assurance Plan (QAP) of building for approval to DMRC.
- After written approval of above from DMRC, Concessionaire will start the execution of the building. The Concessionaire shall follow the OCS & ODS of DMRC enclosed with RFP documents during design and construction of the building.
- Concessionaire shall appoint a contractor for construction of the NMRKC building. The contractor shall have experience of completing a RCC framed building with basement of minimum value Rs.24.00 Cr. Concessionaire have to submit the credentials for approval to DMRC before engagement of contractor. If, concessionaire proposes to construct the building himself then they shall have to submit their own credentials fulfilling the above criteria.
The geo-technical investigation report for the project site is enclosed at Annexure-21. However, these data are for reference only. The concessionaire are advised to carry out geo-technical investigation before submitting their proposal (Bid) to satisfy themselves. Detailed geo-technical investigation shall be carried out before taking up the construction work.
Tender document can only be obtained online after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Source: DMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC