The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. has invited a request for proposal (RFP) for Property Development at Indraprastha Metro Station (Line-3).
- Tender Reference Number: CPD-85R1
- Name of Work: Property Development at Indraprastha Metro Station (Line-3).
- EMD: INR 8,60,000/-
- Period Of Work: 5475 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 24-Jan-2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 28-Feb-2022
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 11-Feb-2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 21-Feb-2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 28-Feb-2022
- Bid Opening Date: 02-Mar-2022
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), a joint venture of the Government of India (GOI) and the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) implementing the Delhi Metro Rail Projects, has been mandated by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) (formerly known as Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD)) to undertake value capture from property development initiatives for sustainable revenue generation for the DMRC vide its Policy Circular No K-14011/8/2000-MRTS (Pt.) dt 30.3.2009.
About Project Site:
- The project site (adjacent to Uttam Nagar East Metro Station) is a part of Line-3 (Blue line) of Delhi MRTS project.
- Uttam Nagar East is a prominent station where approx 907.64 Sqm PD area is available which is proposed to be leased out for various uses as detailed in this document.
- The space is ideally suitable for commercial shops and food joints.
Scope of Work:
- The Lessee shall, at its sole expense and risk, carry out the financing, construction, procurement, management, operations and maintenance of the Leased Area in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
- Property Development to be undertaken in the leased premises shall be governed by laws, bye-laws, rules and regulations of the local bodies and other Authorities and guidelines issued by DMRC.
- The Lessee shall be responsible for complying with all such laws, rules and stipulations and obtaining all the required approvals and clearances for the same from the concerned Authority. The leased space(s) can be used for any activity/purpose except for the activities banned by Law or Government Regulations and the activities listed in Clause 4.3.3 as banned activities. DMRC reserves the right to ensure that there is no violation of the above.
- Following activities shall be Banned in the premises:
- Any product/service the sale of which is unlawful/illegal or deemed unlawful
- under any Indian act or legislation;
- Any product the storage and sale of which may lead to or be considered as a fire hazard; such as fire cracker, industrial explosive, chemicals, etc.
- Storage and sale of tobacco and tobacco products;
- Coal based cooking.
- The Lessee shall carry out the designing and development of the Leased Area in strict compliance with all applicable laws, in particular, applicable building codes and standards and good industry practice, which shall not in any manner endanger the commuters or the Project Site.
- Further, it is agreed and understood by the Lessee that proprietary interest on all development carried out by the Lessee on the Leased Space(s) shall vest with the Lesser and the Lessee relinquishes all its rights in such development in favor of the Lesser. The guidelines for Fit-out Activities will be provided by DMRC and shall be followed strictly by the Lessee.
- Subject to terms of this Agreement and approval of the DMRC, the Lessee shall be free to design the layout plan and undertake the subdivision and partitioning works, interior design works along with utilities like power supply, water supply, toilets, drainage, HVAC, fire fighting, and telecommunications. Provided that,
- The Lessee, the Sub-Lessee(s) and their representatives, agents and other persons undertaking works shall duly adhere to the provisions of all Applicable Laws including and in particular the prevalent building bye-laws of the place where the Leased Space(s) is located and specified guidelines /requirements of other competent authorities.
- The facilities and works being undertaken or installed shall not in any manner affect, hinder or interfere with the free movement of the passengers, DMRC’s staff agents and representatives and visitors;
- The width of passage and common area for movement of persons in the Leased Area shall be kept as per prevalent building bye- laws.
- No material shall be stored or kept outside the Leased Space(s) or in the common area meant for movement of persons.
- No surplus construction machinery and materials, including hazardous materials and wastes shall be left at any place in the Leased Space(s) or the station.
- The guidelines for Fit-out Activities shall be strictly followed.
- Before applying to any other competent authority for sanction of the scheme/Leased Space(s) layout, the Lessee is required to primarily obtain DMRC’s written approval on its proposed drawings and specifications with due consideration of accessibility for maintenance of existing utilities i.e. water supply, power supply, fire fighting, tele communication, bearing etc. to ensure that the proposed developments do not conflict with the DMRC’s activities and functional requirements, structural aspects, utilities and all traffic movement requirements. It is agreed that DMRC shall not unreasonably interfere with the internal layout of the complex proposed by the Lessee.
- DMRC shall convey its decision within a maximum period of 30(thirty) days after scrutinizing the submission. Delay by DMRC in communicating such decision beyond the 30 days period, shall not be construed as an approval. In case DMRC is not satisfied and raises any objections, the Lessee shall be required to appropriately amend/modify his scheme / Leased Space(s) layout within a reasonable time frame and seek DMRC’s approval on the same. The Lessee shall approach any other competent authority for sanction of the design etc. only after receiving the written approval of DMRC.
- The Lessee shall use only standard materials including but not restricted to electrical materials as per standards prevalent in DMRC. In this connection the Lessee is required to get approval of all material from the concerned department of DMRC before commencement of works during the Moratorium Period.
- Save as on account of Force Majeure or reasons solely attributable to DMRC with no contributory factor of the Lessee, the Lessee shall have to complete in all respects the Fit-out Activities within the Moratorium Period and DMRC may thereafter be entitled to restrict the development on the Leased Space(s).
- The liability of the Lessee to pay the consideration and other amounts to DMRC shall however commence from the Commencement Date as stated in Article 3 and the Lease Period shall be restricted to 15 years from the Commencement Date notwithstanding the time allowed for completion under this Clause. For delays on account of Force Majeure or reasons attributable solely to DMRC with no contributory factor of the Lessee, the due date for the first Lease Fee and Lease Period shall be extended accordingly by the ‘period of delay’ in the sole discretion of DMRC, however, no financial claims shall be entertained by DMRC on this account.
- The lessee acknowledges and accepts that the parking facility shall be as per the availability of the project site and no special arrangement or exclusive parking area shall be provided by DMRC.
- The Lessee shall make its own fire-fighting arrangements for the Leased Area. Such fire-fighting arrangements shall conform to the IS Code of Practice / Delhi Fire Services norms.
- The Lessee shall ensure installation of automatic sprinkler systems, fire alarm & detection system as per the approval of DMRC and shall only commence the required activities on the Leased Space(s) only upon inspection and approval by the concerned department of DMRC.
- In this connection the Lessee will provide unfettered access to DMRC’s officers for the purpose of inspection from time to time and shall at own risk and cost install and complete works as may be instructed by the officers of DMRC.
- The Lessee shall be solely responsible and liable for development of the Leased Area and implementation of the scheme/Leased Space(s) layout. DMRC shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever to either the Lessee or its contractors or agents and Sub-Lessees for any default or failure by the Lessee to comply with statutory requirements, design and construction as per the Applicable Laws in particular building codes and good industry practice, observance of safety and security measures at Leased Space(s) etc.
- It is the Lessee’s sole responsibility to obtain all necessary clearances and sanctions from competent authorities for approval to the various safety measures such as fire alarm, detection & fighting, required to be installed at the Leased Area. DMRC shall only provide assistance wherever possible (without any legal and binding obligation) to facilitate such process.
- The Lessee shall ensure that no structural damage is caused to the existing buildings and other permanent structures in the surrounding area and on site as a result of its activities or any of its agents, contractors, tenants, etc.
- Any augmentation of the fire infrastructure such as fire water tank or fire pumps etc if required under National Building Code/ Building bye-laws/ IS Codes for the commercial operation of the area shall be done by the Lessee as per DMRC standards at its own cost.
- The location for such augmentation shall be provided by DMRC at no additional cost and no reimbursement shall be made by DMRC for the works undertaken.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
Source: DMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC