In continuation to the tender for Property Development at Indraprastha Metro Station of Line-3, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has now invited Request For Proposal (RFP) for “Contract CPD-09R3: Property Development at Neelam Chowk Ajronda Metro Station (Line-6 Extn).
Salient features of Bidding Process:
- DMRC has adopted a two packet bidding process for declaration of a Selected Bidder for each schedule to grant rights under the Lease Agreement for the Leased Space.
- Schedule of bidding process for RFP :
- Start of sale of RFP Document: 24.05.2021 to 28.06.2021 (upto 1600 hrs.)
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 15.06.2021 at 1100 Hrs
- Tender Submission Start Date & Time: 22.06.2021 from 0900 Hrs
- Tender Submission End Date & Time: 28.06.2021 upto 1600 Hrs
- Date & Time of Opening of RFP Bids online: 29.06.2021 at 1600 Hrs
- DMRC, a joint venture of the Government of India (GOI) and the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) implementing the Delhi Metro Rail Projects, has been mandated by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) (formerly known as Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD)) to undertake value capture from property development initiatives for sustainable revenue generation for the DMRC vide its Policy Circular No K-14011/8/2000-MRTS (Pt.) dt 30.3.2009.
- Through this RFP Document, DMRC intends to select a “lessee” to take up on ‘Lease basis’, the spaces available for property development at Neelam Chowk Ajronda Metro Station of Delhi Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) (hereinafter referred to as “Project Site”). This Leasing has been envisaged to generate up-front and recurring revenues to DMRC to supplement its non fare- box collections in the operation phase. An information document covering the purpose of the lease, details of space available at metro station etc. may be downloaded from the website http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
- The Project Site is situated at the Line-6 Extn (Badarpur-Faridabad corridor) of Phase-III of Delhi MRTS Project. Neelam Chowk Ajronda is an elevated metro station on the Violet Line of the Delhi Metro. It is located between Faridabad Old and Bata Chowk Metro Stations on line-6 Extn. The station lies in proximity to Delhi-Agra Highway (NH-2), and is accessible by road to all areas in Sarai, Badarpur and Faridabad.
- DMRC has planned property development at Neelam Chowk Ajronda MRTS station along with operating facilities for commuters. The station will have retail and commercial space on Ground and Concourse Floor which is proposed to be leased out for specified purposes as detailed in this document.
- Being located in commercial sector of Ajronda very close to Crown Plaza Mall, Faridabad, the Project site has an excellent opportunity to become important commercial hub within this locality. With separate access being available for the commercial areas and parking space, prominent and spacious frontage, and a captive commuter base, these floors will present unique opportunities for retailers.
- As proposed built up area for Property Development is planned at the footprint of station building. Hence building plans approvals from local bodies are not required.
Scope of Work:
- The Lessee shall, at its sole expense and risk, carry out the financing, construction, procurement, management, operations and maintenance of the Leased Area in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
- Activities allowed in the leased premise shall be governed by the extent provisions of Master Plan of Delhi or any activities permitted by the local authority under the administrative jurisdiction. Indicative nature of the activities and facilities that are allowed at the Leased Space(s) are as under:
- Shopping complex / shopping mall / shopping plaza
- Departmental Store, Discount Store, Hypermarket
- Restaurants, Fast Food Stalls, Kiosks, food court, hotel
- Offices, Banks, lounge
- Educational Institutes, coaching centre
- Computer Training Centres, IT centers
- Showrooms for Consumer goods like Garments, Electronics / electrical Items, general utilities, automoblies etc.
- The Lessee shall carry out the designing and development of the Leased Area in strict compliance with all applicable laws, in particular, applicable building codes and standards and good industry practice, which shall not in any manner endanger the commuters or the Project Site. Further, it is agreed and understood by the Lessee that proprietary interest on all development carried out by the Lessee on the Leased Space(s) shall vest with the Lesser and the Lessee relinquishes all its rights in such development in favor of the Lesser. The guidelines for Fit-out Activities will be provided by DMRC and shall be followed strictly by the Lessee.
- Subject to terms of this Agreement and approval of the DMRC, the Lessee shall be free to design the layout plan and undertake the subdivision and partitioning works, interior design works along with utilities like power supply, water supply, toilets, drainage, HVAC, fire fighting, and telecommunications.
Previous Tenders for Property Development:
Following are the recent tenders invited by DMRC for Property Development at the stations:
- Tender Reference Number: CPD-87
- Name of work: Property Development at Anand Vihar Metro Station (Line-4).
- The Project Site is situated at the Anand Vihar metro station of Line-4 (Blue line).
- The Anand Vihar Metro Station is an interchange station between the Blue Line and the Pink Line of the Delhi Metro network.
- Further, another station of Rapid Rail Transit System (RRTS) of Delhi Meerut corridor will be coming up adjacent to this metro station.
- The station also lies in proximity of Anand Vihar Railway station, Anand Vihar Inter State Bus Terminal & shopping centres i.e. EDM mall & Pacific Mall. DMRC has planned property development at Anand Vihar MRTS station along with operating facilities for commuters.
- The selected bidder has to do detailed design and construct the ramp as per the reference drawing and construction methodology, quality and specifications approved by DMRC.
- Contract number: PD-20R
- Name of work: Property Development at Majlis Park Metro Station (Line-7).
- The Majlis Park Metro Station is located on the Line-7 Pink Line of the Delhi Metro. The site is close to prime residential and commercial localities of Adarsh Nagar. Apart from metro accessibility, the site lies between outer ring roads, which offers good connectivity. All these factors make the site attractive for future potential for commercial development.
- Majlis Park is a prominent station where approx. 406 Sqm PD area is available which is proposed to be leased out for various uses as detailed in this document. The space is ideally suitable for commercial shops and food joints.
- As proposed built up area for Property Development is planned at the Concourse Level. Hence building plans approvals from local bodies are not required.
- Contract number: CPD-81R
- Name of work: Request For Proposal (RFP) for Property Development at 10656 SQM Land Plot at Parmeshwari Wala Bagh (Near Azadpur Metro Station).
- DMRC has been allotted a land plot by DDA measuring 10656 sqm at Parmeshwari Wala Bagh at Model Town for Phase-II of Delhi MRTS Project. It is proposed to carry out integrated commercial development on this space.
- The plot is situated near Azadpur metro station which is an integrated metro station on the SamaypurBadli-HUDA City Centre (Line-2) and Majlis Park-Shiv Vihar (Line-7) metro route.
- The site is close to prime localities of Model Town, Tagore Garden, Gujaranwala Town, Azadpur, Shalimar bagh, Civil lines, Mukherjee Nagar, Kamla Nagar, Police Line Kingsway Camp etc.
- Apart from Metro Rail accessibility, the site is very close to Ring Road and Mall Road junction which offers it a very good connectivity to Rohini, East Delhi and West Delhi. All these factors make this site attractive due to its potential for integrated commercial development.
- This plot can be advantageously used for developing floors with shopping mall, restaurants and banks etc.
- The Project site is being offered on “as is where is basis”.
Source: DMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC