Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has invited open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Comprehensive annual maintenance contract for the inspection and maintenance of Small Track Machines (STM) of DMRC network under Civil/O&M.
- Tender Reference Number: OCP-1353
- Name of Work: Comprehensive annual maintenance contract for the inspection and maintenance of Small Track Machines (STM) of DMRC network under Civil/O&M.
- Approximate cost of work: INR 197.53 Lakh
- EMD: INR 39,510 Thousand
- Completion Period: 05 Years
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 04th May, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 03rd June, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 16th May, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 27th May, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 03rd June, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 05th June, 2023
Scope of Work:
- This contract involves AMC of the small track machines 91 Nos. on various lines of DMRC under the jurisdiction of P. Way DMRC network.
- These 91 Nos. machines with DMRC need to be serviced thoroughly once in four months in presence of DMRC staff and detailed joint report about work done including replaced spare parts, if any, in the machine is to be prepared and submitted to DMRC on 1st day of every month.
- Payment under Schedule-01 for a particular month shall be made only against the machines which are found functional/working satisfactorily during the joint inspection.
- All costs related with procurement of the parts, their transportations, shifting to site, applicable duties/taxes etc. are inclusive in the rates.
- The rates accepted against Schedule 02 i.e. supply of spare parts as per requirement during service period is valid for a period of five years from the date of award of work.
- Schedule 01 contains annual maintenance of five types 91 Nos. small track machines including cleaning, servicing, greasing and oiling, overhauling, replacement of spare parts if required etc. of these machines.
- The spare parts that need to be replaced during servicing, shall be procured and replaced as quickly as possible, but not later than 7 days from the date of visit by the service engineer of the firm and return the machine to the designated DMRC premises in working condition.
- A register for recording the spare parts replaced and work executed for each depot/line is to be maintained by the agency and a statement for replaced spare parts to be submitted to DMRC on the 1st day of every month for perusal and record.
- The agency shall meticulously maintain/compile all data generated during the course of maintenance of the machines and carry out detailed analysis thereof to evaluate performance of the machines. The agency shall prepare such a report at the end of each year of maintenance and submit it to DMRC.
- In case any spare part not covered in the Schedule-02 is required to be procured, the agency will submit a proposal along with justification and the cost, to DMRC for examination. Such parts shall be procured only after obtaining consent from DMRC.
- The parts procured and replaced by the agency under Schedule-02 or otherwise must cover a warranty of at-least one year. In case, any part goes defective within the warranty period, the same shall be replaced by the agency without any extra cost/charge. The released parts should be handed over to concerned DMRC officials except consumable items.
- The spares as mentioned in Schedule 02 or otherwise, shall be procured preferably from a reputed firm/source, the OEM or his authorised dealer and shall be of good quality & performance.
- In case, the agency proposes to procure a spare from any source other than OEM or his authorised dealer, the agency must establish that the proposed spare is equivalent to the original part and it is compatible with the machine and it will fully serve the intended purpose as being served by the original part.
- The firm will engage/deploy a dedicated team of engineers and staff exclusively to handle the stated work of DMRC. The team should consist of at-least one full time experienced mechanical engineers (diploma holder) and four ITI qualified mistry/fitter.
- The mistry or fitter/Engineers shall remain available over phone for 24 hrs. to enable interaction with DMRC officials and for field visits for checking/rectification of machines as and when required.
- Maintenance of machines as envisaged in this work can be carried out during day or night hours as per the requirement of DMRC. The authorised person of the agency can be called by DMRC at any emergency period for maintenance of the machines in depot or at any DMRC stations. Payment shall be made as per the BOQ.
- The agency’s staff, if required to attend the machine in block hours, shall be permitted to enter the section only along with authorised staff of DMRC. Payment shall be made for the visit as per BOQ.
- The agency shall also make available their authorised engineer/staff during inspection of DMRC officials, as and when so advised, to demonstrate functioning of the machines.
- The authorised engineers/staff of the agency are required to wear proper PPEs and take all mandatory safety measures/precautions while entering on the metro track, if required.
- The firm will take immediate action to attend to the defective machine when informed by DMRC officials.
- In case, the defects are not rectified within a period of 3 days from the date reporting, payment under Schedule-01 will be deducted on a pro-rata basis. Further, if a machine remains nonfunctional/unavailable with P. Way beyond a period of 10 days, a penalty of Rs 1000 for each day of delay in rectification for each machine shall be imposed. Any delay on account of DMRC staff will however be excluded for this purpose.
- The Schedule-01 (Annual maintenance) is inclusive of inspection and maintenance of the machine by the agency. All activity related with maintenance of the machine such as replacement of parts by skilled/unskilled workers, tools and plants, equipment, transportation of man and materials to the work-site, periodical overhauling of machine, testing, calibration, lubrication, cleaning of the machine etc, are covered in the scope of this schedule.
- The work under Schedule-01 is also inclusive of cost of shifting/transportation of the machines and spare parts from the designated place in DMRC premises to the workshop of the agency and after repair, transportation of the machine to the DMRC premises, and maintenance and testing of the machines with suitable means/equipment and cost of all labour, materials, tools & equipment etc, complete, which shall be paid to the firm as per the accepted rates in the BOQ.
- Under Schedule-01, the authorised expert engineer/mistry or fitter of the agency shall carry out at least one visit of each machine in every four months as per schedule provided by DMRC to monitor its functioning and undertake overhauling/repairs, as required. Prior intimation shall be given to DMRC about such visit of the Engineer of the agency.
- The Schedule-02 for supply of spare parts/replacement is inclusive of cost of spare parts, replacement parts, maintenance charge, labour cost, taxes, duties etc, its transportation up to the designated places in DMRC premises, proper storage and upkeep duly following laid-down procedure, etc. complete.
- The quantity indicated in emergency visits under Schedule-01 and Schedule-02 is tentative and emergency visit and procurement is required to be done as per actual consumption as agreed by DMRC.
- The preferable billing cycle against the Schedule-01 is quarterly. Bill against Schedule-02 is payable on supply and installation of the spares.
- Arising out of any reason whatsoever, DMRC may increase or decrease the number of small track machines of this Contract. Force majeure clause shall be applicable as per GCC.
- This maintenance work is envisaged for a period of 05 years. However, the work can be extended for another one year or two years based upon the performance of the agency. In case, it is mutually agreed to extend the period of the contract, the rates applicable for the extended period will be decided through negotiations.
- The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar works of which falling during the last five years ending last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least one “similar work” of value of Rs.31.60 lakh or more, or
- At least two “similar works” each of value of Rs.19.75 lakh or more, or
- At least three “similar works” each of value of Rs.15.80 lakh or more
- Similar works for this contract shall be, any work consisting of maintenance, including inspection, servicing and overhauling with supply of spares for at least one of the following small track machines:
- Compressed air petrol preheating Machine (Blower),
- Double action Weld Trimmer power pack version,
- Abrasive Rail Cutting Machine,
- Rail profile Weld Grinder and Bolt Tightening Machine hydraulic or
- Any other similar machine related to track maintenance.
- If the tenderer is a JV/Consortium having foreign partner(s) and above work(s) have been executed by the foreign partner of JV and the work(s) were done in the country of the foreign partner, then in addition to this the foreign partner must have executed works (which need not be similar in nature) of total put together of value Rs.15.80 or more outside the country of the foreign partner.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC