Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.(DMRC) has invited open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Part design and construction of Elevated Viaduct and four Elevated stations viz. Keshopur, Paschim Vihar, Peeragarhi & Mangolpuri (Excluding Architectural Finishing works of stations, steel FOB & PEB works of stations) from P2 (excl.) to PP88(excl.) [Chainage 3118.108 mt. to 6080.447 mt.] and from P103 (excl.) to Mangolpuri station (incl.) [Chainage 6462.547 mt. to 7012.051 mt.] of Janakpuri West to R.K. Ashram corridor (Extn. of Line-8) of Phase-IV of Delhi MRTS.
- Tender Reference Number: DC 01A
- Name of Work: Part design and construction of Elevated Viaduct and four Elevated stations viz. Keshopur, Paschim Vihar, Peeragarhi & Mangolpuri (Excluding Architectural Finishing works of stations, steel FOB & PEB works of stations) from P2 (excl.) to PP88(excl.) [Chainage 3118.108 mt. to 6080.447 mt.] and from P103 (excl.) to Mangolpuri station (incl.) [Chainage 6462.547 mt. to 7012.051 mt.] of Janakpuri West to R.K. Ashram corridor (Extn. of Line-8) of Phase-IV of Delhi MRTS.
- Approximate Cost of work: INR 3,98,63,00,000 Crore
- EMD: INR 01 Crore
- Completion period of Work: 730 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 22nd September, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 03rd November, 2022
- Pre-bid Meeting: 30th September, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 27th October, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 03rd November, 2022
- Tender Opening Date: 04th November, 2022
Scope of Work:
- The Design Criteria shall be read in conjunction with the General Conditions of Contract (GCC), the Special Conditions of Contract (SCC), the Employer’s Requirements, the Drawings and any other document forming part of the Contract. In the event of a conflict between the Employer’s Requirements and any Design Criteria, the Design criteria shall prevail.
- In the event of a conflict between any Design Criteria and any other standards or specifications quoted, the requirement of the Design Criteria shall prevail.
- Notwithstanding the precedence specified above the Contractor shall always immediately seek advice from the Engineer in the event of conflicts between Specifications.
- The order of precedence is:
- Design Criteria
- Employer’s Requirements
- Indian and other International Standards referenced herein.
- Indian and other International Standards.
Phases (Design and Construction):
- The Contractor shall execute the Works in two phases, the Design Phase and the Construction Phase.
- The Design Phase shall commence upon the date of issue of Letter of Acceptance. This phase shall include the preparation and submission of:
- The Preliminary Design
- The Definitive Design; and
- The Construction Reference Drawings.
- The Design Phase will be complete upon the issue of a Notice in respect of the comprehensive and complete Construction Reference Drawings Submission for the whole of the Permanent Works.
- The requirements for the Preliminary Design, Definitive Design and Construction Reference Drawings are stated in the Employer’s Requirements-Design.
- The Construction Phase for the whole or a part of the Permanent Works shall commence immediately upon the issue of a Notice by the Engineer/Employer in respect of the relevant Construction Reference Drawings Submission.
- Such Notice may be issued by the Engineer in respect of a Construction Reference Drawing Submission covering a major and distinctive part of the Permanent Works. However, construction shall not be commenced until the original negatives of the appropriate Working Drawings have been endorsed:
- By the Contractor as “Good for Construction”; and
- By the Engineer that he has no objections to the drawing.
- The Construction Phase shall include the completion and submission of the Final Design and the preparation and submission of the As Built Drawings and other records as specified.
- Notwithstanding Clause 4(iv) above, for those elements identified under Clause 2(6) of the Employer’s Requirements – Design, the Construction Phase may commence immediately upon the issue of the Notice in respect of the Definitive Design Submission in respect of each such element subject to availability of the site in accordance with agreed programme.
Viaduct & Viaduct in Station:
- Detailed survey of alignment for execution of work.
- Design & construction of Pile foundation, Pile cap, Pier, all type of Piers including Cantilever & Portals, Pedestals, Cross Arm, Extended Pier cap, Cantilever Pier cap, Table top Pier cap, Portal Beams and other structures in coordination with the contract of DC-01 contract.
- The Good-for-Construction (GFC) drawing for the following structures is enclosed with the tender documents. The contractor may re-validate the design and utilize these drawings for execution if desired.
- However, if the contractor proposes to redesign these locations for whatever reasons, no extra payment shall be made in this regard.
|1||VIADUCT: P3,P4,EPC5,P12,P13,P14,P15,P16,P17,P18,P19,P20,P21,P22,P 23,P25,P26,P27,P28,P29,|
|Pile, Pile cap, Pier|
|2||STATION: KESHOPUR GRID- B, C, D, E, F, G & H||Pile, Pile cap, Pier|
- Construction of superstructure of standard U-Girder span (28m) and all other spans upto 28 m for straight and for curves more than 300m radius, Pier cap, Bearing (Elastomeric) & crash barrier as per tender drawing. The design of standard span U-Girder, standard Pier Cap, bearing (Elastomeric), bearing pedestal & crash barrier for these spans shall be provided by DMRC.
- Also, the reinforcement in the U-Girder, standard Pier Cap & bearing pedestal shown in tender drawing is the minimum reinforcement to be provided. However, in case the contractor assesses that the reinforcement has to be increased then the same shall be provided after approval of DMRC without any extra cost.
- Design and construction of non-standard spans, T-Girder spans, spans at crossover location and spans in sharper curvature wherever necessary or instructed by engineer.
- The method of construction shall be approved by DMRC prior to execution of work. This includes all temporary works such as Nosing arrangement, trussel, staging, any other related works. Apart from special spans indicated in GAD, there may be a requirement of additional special spans (i.e. span more than 37 m) as per the site conditions / DMRC or civic requirement. Any such additional special spans shall be designed and constructed by the contractor, the same will be paid extra after deducting the cost of normal viaduct shown in GAD.
- All Piers location, span arrangement for special/ obligatory spans have been shown in the alignment GAD drawings. These special spans / obligatory span lengths may have to be changed as per requirements of the concerned authorities.
- Standard spans for viaduct shall be 28 m Twin U-Girder Spans except obligatory spans/ special spans shown in GAD, However, in case of sharper radius, the span configuration shall be as per tender drawing and wide U-Girder may have to be used without any extra cost. The Span arrangements of Viaduct & viaducts in station have to be decided in such a way that pier locations do not disturb the road geometry, ROW, clear carriage width of roads, flow of nallah, utilities and traffic flow. The max. Cantilever permissible is 2.5m.
- OHE & signalling structures themselves are excluded from the scope of the work, but civil works required for fixing the structures such as strengthening of structures and providing inserts/ bolts are included in the Lump sum quoted price of contract i.e. Schedule-A of BOQ. As per requirement of OHE contractor, Galvanized steel railing & ladder at U-Girder to be provided at every OHE & Signalling Mast location by the civil contractor as per Tender drawing.
- The specific location of OHE mast, signalling mast shall be provided by the System contractor, however a tentative list of OHE locations is provided with tender drawings which may vary as per the requirement of the system contractor. Also for fixing of lighting arrangement on viaduct insert plates with bolts including holes in parapet are to be provided at every 14mt. interval of viaduct as per tender drawing.
- Provision for Power Sockets in viaduct parapet at every 50mt. shall be provided. These shall be finalised and provided in coordination with the OHE, signalling Contractor & other system contractors and the Engineer. The necessary coordination with system contractors and engineers shall form a part of the work.
- Pile foundation shall be of minimum 1000mm dia with or without permanent liners with hydraulic rotary piling rigs.
- Earth filling of pile cap area falling off the road to be done with proper compaction with Contractor’s own good earth wherever required. For the area falling on the road, backfilling shall be done with sand as per Outline Construction Specifications for Phase-IV Civil Works (July 2021) Rev-2.
- It is obligatory for the contractor to provide a single pier structure in the viaduct of minimum dia 1.80 m. and the dimensions of station pier across the alignment not more than 2.20 mt.
- Contractor has to maintain a minimum vertical clearance of 5.5m from the road surface to bottom of any structure.
- The location of piers should be decided in such a way that they do not disturb the road geometry and also should not obstruct the traffic flow for which the decision of DMRC shall be final. The accuracy of alignment and interface with the adjoining contractor shall also be the responsibility of the contractor.
- In some stretches placing of heavy cranes for erection of U-girders is not possible and launchers are to be used in such locations. Launcher and cranes are to be used for erection depending upon site conditions.
- Upstand at expansion joint for viaduct shall have to be casted in casting yard only to have monolithic construction to avoid seepage at expansion joint. Similarly, U- girders to be used in stations must have a slope to drain water as shown in the tender drawing.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC -Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC