Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.(DMRC) has invited open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of power supply arrangement and other related works at OCC/MB and BCC/SHPK.
- Tender Reference Number: OEW-TR-05
- Name of Work: Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of power supply arrangement and other related works at OCC/MB and BCC/SHPK.
- Estimated Work: INR 36.11 Lakhs
- EMD: INR 72,212 Thousand
- Completion Period: 06 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 23rd November, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 14th December, 2022
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 30th November, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 07th December, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 14th December, 2022
- Tender Opening Date: 15th December, 2022
- The objective of the contract is “SITC of power supply arrangement and other related works at OCC/MB and BCC/SHPK” mentioned in Employer Requirement.
- In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the works.
- The work shall be done in accordance with Employer’s Requirements and the other requirements of the contract.
- “The work” shall be of highest standards available using proven up-to-date good engineering practices.
Scope of Work:
- Contractor shall execute the work “Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of power supply arrangement and other related works at OCC/MB and BCC/SHPK” as defined in BOQ in the operational network of DMRC during non revenue or revenue hours as per site condition/block availability.
- Work shall be carried out as per specified guidelines and as per directions of Engineer in-charge. Work involves supply, installation, testing and commissioning of all BOQ items. As per BOQ, work involves laying of power cable from UPS room to server room and/or from server room to theatre room.
- Applicable distribution boxes or DBs (with switchgears and manual changeover switch) shall be installed in server room(s) and theatre room(s) for power supply distribution. Earth terminal shall be extended to server from UPS room for earthing of devices.
- Existing DBs shall be dismantled at Shastri Park, Metro Bhawan and Vinod Nagar. Dismantling and shifting of SCADA hardware (list attached) and UPS with battery bank from Vinod Nagar depot to Shastri Park and Kashmere Gate RSS respectively shall be covered under scope of this work.
- Site of work: The work will be carried out in Metro Bhavan, Vinod Nagar depot, Kashmere gate RSS and Shastri Park. However, DMRC may also instruct contractors to carry out the work at any other location in the DMRC network if required.
The scope of work shall include but not limited to the following:
- Before commencement of work, Contractor shall submit detailed procedure of work, drawings and approval of supply items with specs and GTP to engineer-in-charge. After getting approval from the engineer in-charge, the contractor shall start the work.
- Contractor shall deploy multiple teams on various sites if required, to execute the work within stipulated time on each day for which power block shall be arranged by DMRC.
- The manpower can also be deployed during OFF days/holidays/night hours as per site requirements for which nothing shall be paid extra.
- After completion of work on each day, Site must be cleared before leaving and to be made fit for system operations.
- The work shall be carried out during non-revenue/revenue hours in power block conditions. The time for actual work may be less than the power block/permit to work duration. No compensation/extra payment shall be made in this account.
- There may be cases when the scheduled permit to work may be cancelled even after contractor manpower reaches the site of work & no work may be performed that night. No compensation shall be paid for such cases.
- Contract period may prolong due to bad weather condition or power Block constraint. Contractor has to negotiate with the prevailing condition. Nothing will be paid extra.
- The contractor team shall be equipped with necessary communication facilities at site of work. There should be at least one Engineer who will control his man-power & obtain necessary instruction from DMRC’s Engineer at site of work.
- The contractor will have to submit the list of authorized/competent staff along with a set of photo identity cards for obtaining permission from DMRC before the start of work.
- Only authorized staff of contractors having proper identity cards issued by the contractor/firm shall be permitted to enter DMRC premises.
- The contractor shall on request of Engineer-in-charge, remove any person from the works, any person employed thereon by him, who in the opinion of Engineer-in charge may misconduct himself or suspicious from security point of view and such persons shall not again be employed on the work without permission of the Engineer In-charge.
- Any damage/breakage to the DMRC property during the execution of work will be at the risk & cost of the contractor.
- DMRC’s engineer in-charge / representative shall verify the installation during & after completion of work each day, and prepare a joint report in duplicate duly signed by him and contractor’s representative. A copy of the report shall be handed over to the contractor which will be produced along with the bill.
- The contractor shall be responsible for shifting BOQ items from their premises to the actual site of installation. Any damages during transportation shall be borne by the contractor without any financial implications to DMRC.
- Only site access for movement of material at site shall be provided by DMRC. Quantity for each BOQ item shall be thoroughly checked and authenticated by joint report duly signed by DMRC representative and contractor representative.
- The work shall be carried out under the guidance of DMRC engineer in-charge and in case of any dispute regarding any matter; decision of DMRC engineer in-charge shall be final and bound to the contractor.
- Quantity of work may vary up to ± 25 %, for this payment will be made accordingly.
- Any other work as may be required to be carried out for completing this work under this contract in all respects in accordance with the provisions of the contract and/or to ensure the safety of installation during and after execution is included in the Contract Price and nothing will be paid extra in this regard.
- Labour: No labour shall be provided by DMRC.
- Transport: No separate charges will be paid for transport
Execution of work:
- Contractor shall provide all suitable means for securing all BOQ items along with preventing them from external damages during laying/erection.
- Material and T&P required for execution of work shall be arranged by contractor.
- The contractor shall lay cable from UPS room to server room and/or from server room to theatre room/visitor gallery. The cable shall be glanded and terminated for firm connection between cable and bus-bar inside wall-mounted DB.
- Description of Type-1 DBs: Two MCCBs (4 Pole) shall function as incomers for Type-1 DBs. These incomers shall be coupled through a bus-coupler (4 Pole MCCB) which shall be used to feed downstream single phase loads through MCBs. Drawing attached as Annexure-A to be referred for exact implementation of Type-1 DB.
- Description of Type-2 DBs: Manual changeover switch (Single phase; rotary type) shall be installed inside Type-2 DBs. Two independent MCBs (single phase) shall function as incomers for Type-2 DBs. Under normal conditions, load shall be fed through one of the incomers. In case of any emergency/planned changeover, load shall be shifted from one incomer to the other through this changeover switch. Drawing attached as Annexure-B to be referred for exact implementation of Type-2 DB.
- Breaking capacity of all switchgears (MCBs, MCCBs etc.) shall be in-line with fault level of LT system.
- FRLS cables shall have annealed stranded bare copper conductor and shall conform to IS-1554 or any other applicable standard. The cable shall be able to withstand 1.1kV for 1 minute.
- The power strip shall have 5 sockets along with indicator (to indicate working status of strip). The sockets shall have shutter arrangement to prevent entry of any foreign material.
- Earth wire shall be green in colour and have solid copper conductors.
- Dismantling of existing DBs in Shastri park and Metro bhawan is in the scope of work. Dismantled material shall be handed over to DMRC.
- Cable trays shall be laid wherever applicable in shafts/UPS room/Theatre room or server room to prevent external damage to power cable. Cables shall be secured properly on the cable tray through clamps of suitable size.
- GI pipe shall be provided for cables as per directions of DMRC for protection against any mechanical damages.
- 2x15kVA UPS at Shastri Park OCC shall be dismantled and shifted to designated place at Shastri Park depot. Transportation, loading and unloading is in the scope of the contractor.
- Dismantling and shifting of SCADA hardware (details as per Annexure-C) from Vinod Nagar to Shastri Park visitor gallery/server room/theatre (as per directions of engineer in-charge) shall be included in the scope of work. Transportation, loading and unloading is in the scope of the contractor.
- Dismantling and shifting of 2x15kVA UPS (along with its battery bank and stand) from Vinod Nagar to Kashmere Gate RSS is included in scope of work. Transportation, loading and unloading is in the scope of the contractor.
- Main Earth Terminal (MET) shall be created (using earth strip and isolator) inside the server room which shall be connected with MET designated for UPS. Connection shall be done through earth wire as mentioned in BOQ.
- While executing work, if any minor modification/alteration is to be done by the contractor as advised by DMRC Engineer-in-charge then the same should be done by the contractor without any financial implications to DMRC.
- The contractor during the execution of work shall maintain required Electrical clearance between any live and earth parts and jointly check the clearance with DMRC Engineer after completion of the work.
- All cables laid during execution shall carry a tag which shall indicate the point from which cable is being connected. Points such as material of tag (Metallic tag for power cable, vinyl labels for other cables), description to be written etc. shall be duly approved by DMRC engineer-in-charge.
- Every cable, whether in or out of sight, shall run neatly vertically, horizontally or parallel to adjacent walls, beams or other structural members.
- Spacing of clips and cleats (wherever applicable) shall be such as to prevent sagging of the cables at all times during their installed life.
- All cable entries into the cable pit shall have rounded edges to prevent damage to cables during installation or during service or as a result of the weight of the cables themselves bearing against the edges.
- The installation and handling of cables shall be undertaken at all ties by adequate and suitably trained staff, equipped with all the necessary plant, equipment, tools and lighting.
- All cables installed shall conform to the relevant international standard for acceptable bending radius. The maximum pulling force on any cable shall not exceed the design force of the cable.
- Cable trays shall not present any sharp edges, burrs or projections that could damage the insulation or sheathing of the cables.
- Bidders are advised to visit the site before submitting their offer.
- The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed work(s), completion date(s) of which falling during the last five years ending on the last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below.
- At least one “similar work” of value of ₹28.89 lakh or more, or
- Two “similar works” each of value of ₹18.05 lakh or more, or
- Three “similar works” each of value of ₹14.44 lakh or more
- Similar work for this contract shall be “Supply & Installation/ Installation/ Modification of electrical panels/equipment.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC