Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC) has invited open e-tenders from eligible applicants, who fulfil qualification criteria for Replacement of PIDS panel at Barakhamba Road metro station including integration with station & OCC MMI & signalling system.
- Tender Reference Number: OTW-1346
- Name of Work: Replacement of PIDS panel at Barakhamba Road metro station including integration with station & OCC MMI & signalling system.
- Approximate cost of work: INR 76.01 Lakh
- EMD: INR 01 Lakh
- Completion Period: 02 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 27th April, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 18th May, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 04th May, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 12th May, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 18th May, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 19th May, 2023
General Introduction of PIDS System:
- The existing PIDS system in DMRC consist of central system comprising of cluster server interfaced with ATS system, Master clock, Telephone system, Radio System, FOTS (LAN) connected to the client PIDS server installed in each and every station and forms a PIDS network with the help of which centralised information related to display can be distributed over the network and displayed and announced accordingly at station level.
- In addition to this it is possible to display the written text messages generated centrally from OCC as well as locally from individual stations from SCR.
- The Passenger Information Display system (PIDS) is the primary means of visual communications with passengers at station concourses and platforms for the notification of scheduled train arrivals and departures and for operational, normal and emergency including evacuation message displays to passengers.
- The PIDS at stations have access from the following locations as a minimum:
- From the Station Control Room (SCR) to the PIDS at the station
- From the OCC to the PIDS at one station
- From the OCC to a group of stations
- From the OCC to all stations of a line/lines
- The PIDS Systems are in coordination automatically to provide real time passenger visual information on designated platforms at each station and in concourse at each station. The PIDS respond to special train running interrupt messages from the Train Control and Signalling System.
- The PIDS operator is able to display special or emergency messages for passengers and staff on individual or all display boards.
Scope of Work:
- Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Platform PIDS display Board at platforms of station of Barakhamba metro station
- Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Mounting Fixtures for PIDS display boards which are to be installed at Platform of Barakhamba metro station
- Dismantling of existing station PIDS boards as per Annexure-A and shifting to Telecom Store or any location as decided by DMRC.
- After technical evaluation of bids, the successful bidder has to demonstrate the module as a Proof of Concept (POC) within 15 days. The functional description of PIDS and checklist for PIDS testing for the purpose of POC is available in Annexure –C.
- After technical suitability and successful POC, the financial bidding will be opened and L1 bidder will be issued the LOA.
- The contractor has to complete the work within 2 months from the issue of LOA.
- The contractor is responsible for Integration and Testing of the PIDS system with the existing TC&S system at the central level (OCC).
- Contractor should do Integration and Testing of the PIDS system with the existing system of Barakhamba metro station.
- The installation of the PIDS equipment also includes the supply and installation of all related data cable/ fibres along with all relevant connectors supported interfaces, thimbles etc.
- However, the contractor may use the power and data cable of the existing PIDS equipment wherever possible as per site condition in case any additional/new cabling is required to be done; it will be within the scope of the contractor.
- For laying of cables or fixing of equipment any civil work required like drilling on the wall, welding, making small cut-out and restoration of the same after completion of the activity will be in the scope of the contractor.
- Such Civil work must require prior approval of the Employer. Contractor must inspect all the sites/locations where the work is to be carried out from time to time and must plan site activity in detail accordingly.
- The existing PIDS equipment is mounted at various locations over the primary fixture provided by DMRC. The contractor can use the same primary fixture by provision of secondary fixtures.
- However, in case there is a requirement to have a new set of primary fixtures as per site condition it will be the responsibility of the contractor to supply and install the fixture.
- However, contractors will submit both primary and secondary fixtures specified and designed for employer review and approval.
- To work on Platform, contractors must fill up PTW (permit to work) form and submit it to CSS Metro Bhawan. Only after approval of PTW, the contractor must carry out the work. Work on Platform must be carried out only at night during non-revenue hours only.
- No space for storage of material under this contract will be provided to the contractor. Space will be provided prior to installation only i.e. one week before the installation work starts at the particular station/site with prior permission of Employer. Transportation of material to and fro from site will be in the scope of contractor.
- Contractor must submit technical offers of the PIDS equipment being offered along with their specification and method statement of step by step procedure for installation, dismantling and commissioning.
- After successful supply, installation, testing, integration and commissioning of the system the Employer will issue a completion certificate and only after that the system will be under warranty for the period of 1 year.
- The contractor must make necessary arrangements to conduct testing like FAT at his own cost to meet the specifications mentioned in technical specifications.
- The Contractor must ensure proper display on PIDS panel boards until completion of the integration job. There must not be any downtime of PIDS display at station level or from OCC during Revenue Hours.
- All configurations, programming will be done by the contractor as per design.
- Contractor must inspect all the sites/locations where the equipment is proposed to be installed and must plan site activity and prepare details.
- All cable/connector/installation material required for the work to be supplied and installed by a contractor. Cable jumper, cable ties, saddles, nut bolts, lugs, thimbles, GI pipe/conduit/flexible etc. are to be provided by the contractor for laying of cable, hanging of equipment along with wall/site structure.
- Contractor must submit a detailed Operations and Maintenance Manual of the proposed PIDS system.
- Contractor must share the Technical specifications and Operating software installed in the PIDS System as proposed under contract.
- Contractor must submit original CD/DVDs containing installation set up of Operating System and all PIDS system software’s and applications which are required to reinstall PIDS system.
- The PIDS system installed and commissioned by the contractor will also be maintained for the next one year after the date of successful commissioning of the system. This period will be treated as warranty.
- During Warranty, it will be the responsibility of the contractor for maintaining sufficient spares and necessary support.
- During the Warranty period, the contractor must rectify the failures within 4 hours of reporting, subject to block availability.
- All software and firmware as supplied must be with licence given to DMRC for lifetime and any upgrades within the currency of contract shall be free of cost.
- The contractor must submit IPC (Illustrated Price Catalogue) rates of spares up to next 5 years after warranty.
- Any other items required for successful completion of the work shall be part of this contract.
- In case of any other new hardware being proposed, it must comply with the specifications/standards as per Annexure D.
- All the hardware required to complete the scope of work for the above work will be in the scope of Contractor.
- The tenderers will be qualified only if they have successfully completed or substantially completed similar works during the last five years ending the last day of the month previous to the month of tender submission as given below:
- At least one “similar work” of value of ₹60.81 Lakh or more, or
- Two “similar works” each of value of ₹38.00 Lakh or more, or
- Three “similar works” each of value of ₹30.40 Lakh or more
- Similar works for this contract shall be “Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Passenger Information System (PIDS & PAS) for station which must include integration with signalling system in metro rail environment”, and
- Successful technical demonstration as per Annexure-C of Employer’s requirement.
- If the tenderer is a JV/Consortium having foreign partner(s) and above work(s) have been executed by the foreign partner of JV and the work(s) were done in the country of the foreign partner, then in addition to this the foreign partner must have executed works (which need not be similar in nature) of total put together of value ₹30.40 Lakh or more outside the country of the foreign partner.
Tender document can only be obtained after registration of tenderer on the website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: DMRC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DMRC