In continuation to the tender for the Contract DC-07 of Phase-4, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited has now invited online open e-tenders for the “Contract DC-09: Design and Construction of Twin Tunnel (Up & Down Line) by Shield TBM, Cut and Cover Tunnel box, Underground Ramp and four Underground stations namely Chhattarpur, Chhattarpur Mandir, IGNOU and Neb Sarai with Entry/Exits & Connecting subways from chainage 5356.285 mtr. to 11867.000 mtr. of Aerocity to Tughlakabad Corridor of Phase-IV of Delhi MRTS.
- Tender Reference Number: DC-09
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 04-May-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 21-Jun-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 14-Jun-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 21-Jun-2021
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 20-May-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 22-Jun-2021
- The objective of the contract is the design, construction completion, testing and commissioning of the permanent works by the Contractor (including without limitation, the design, construction and removal of the Temporary Works) and the rectification of defects appearing in Permanent Works in the manner and to the standards and within the time stipulated by the Contract.
- In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works.
Scope of Work:
- Design and Construction of structure of four underground stations namely Chhattarpur, Chhattarpur Mandir, IGNOU and Neb Sarai along with Entry/Exit structures, Subways and associated structures such as ancillary building, Utilities galleries, AC plant room, ASS room, TVF room, system rooms and all other rooms as per system requirement, shafts, pump houses, water tanks, diesel generator set room or enclosure, sumps etc. as shown in GAD and tender drawings.
- The subway at few locations, as shown in the General arrangement drawings, to be constructed by any method other than Cut & Cover Method.
- Design and Construction of Twin Tunnel (Up & Down Line) by Shield TBM in all types of soil/ rock strata/ mix strata beyond Crossover from chainage 5553.619 mtr. near Kishangarh connecting Chhattarpur, Chhattarpur Mandir, IGNOU & Neb Sarai underground metro stations as shown in tender drawings; upto start of Cut & Cover Ramp at chainage 11540.000 mtr. including launching shafts, sumps and cross passages.
- Design and Construction of Crossover by Cut & Cover method in soil/ rock strata/ mix strata from end of Kishangarh Metro station at chainage 5356.285 mtr. to 5553.619 mtr. (All Chainages are of UP line) including construction of drainage system. This shall also include making necessary design and provision such as Booster fan, Point machine, Niche etc. as per requirement of system contractor.
- Design and Construction of Cut & Cover portion after Neb Sarai Metro Station from chainage 11540.000 mtr. to 11660.000 mtr. including construction of drainage system. Structure arrangement has to be followed as shown in tender drawing. This shall also include making necessary design and provision such as Booster fan, Niche etc. as per requirement of system contractor.
- Design and Construction of Underground Ramp from chainage 11660.000 mtr. To 11867.000 mtr. including construction of drainage system. Structure arrangement has to be followed as shown in tender drawing. Only reinforcement may be changed as per requirement.
- The contractor shall plan Launching/Retrieval shaft inside the station box unless otherwise shown in the General Alignment Drawings and properly integrate the tunnel structure with the proposed station.
- Integration of proposed Chhattarpur underground station with the existing Chhattarpur station of Yellow metro line as shown in tender drawings. The contractor shall ensure proper partition between existing operational station and new construction as per consent of engineer.
- The contractor shall ensure that proper interface is carried out with the other contractors in the vicinity. All the works required like demolition/ modification/ reconstruction/ remodeling of existing Chhattarpur Metro Station and its Entry/Exit with proposed stations is included in the lump sum scope. The contractor shall plan the integration work and entry/exit in phased manner to avoid interruption in the operation, passenger movement and services of the existing metro station due to work in progress.
- Design and construction of all temporary works associated with construction of the Works including temporary steel decking over station, cut & cover, Entry/Exit & Subway structures to allow uninterrupted flow of traffic and access to adjacent properties. Construction and maintenance of temporary diversion roads and Services for traffic diversions as required. Temporary Walkway in TBM Tunnels as required and any other temporary work required for construction activity.
- Traffic management along the work site including construction works required in connection with traffic management like road works, footpaths, drains and other services etc. and repair & maintenance of these construction works during construction period.
- Any road widening / diversion along with associated drainage system required to facilitate the movement of traffic and their repair & maintenance is also included in the lump sum scope of contract. It also includes reinstatement of land/structure/services etc. to original condition wherever road diversion has been made outside original road including reconstruction of structure demolished for traffic management.
- Providing and constructing of Block works with cement-fly ash concrete blocks in walls etc. as shown in the drawings. Providing screed concrete at the undercroft level as per the details shown in the tender drawings.
- First stage concrete to tunnel inverts including shear connectors in the tunnel and station areas as per tender drawings.
- Water Proofing of all underground structures shafts, Ancillary Building, entry/exit structure etc. upto 300 mm above finished ground levels as mentioned in Section S- 12 of Outline Construction Specifications for Phase-IV Civil Works (July 2019) and finishing of inside of water tanks with ceramic tile.
- Providing & Construction of two deep tube-wells of 5-6 cum/hr yield for each station including providing & installing submersible pumps of required capacity with all accessories including panels, cables distribution boxes, electrical cable upto main control panel in stations, GI pipe line, including connecting them to water storage tank of stations and ensure pump remain in good working condition upto Defect Liability Period (DLP).
Bidders may download the Bidding Documents after registration on the e-tendering website https://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
About Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM):
- A TBM is a machine used to excavate tunnels with a circular cross section through a variety of soil and rock strata.
- They can be designed to bore through anything from hard rock to sand.
- TBMs have revolutionised the way tunnelling work is done all over the world as now tunnels can be bored without disturbing the buildings and other structures on the surface.
- TBMs are especially useful for underground tunnelling work in congested urban areas.
- DMRC has been using TBMs for its tunnelling work since Phase 1.
- In Phase 3, when about 50 kilometres of underground sections were built, about 30 TBMs were pressed into service in the national capital.
Source: DMRC-Tender | Image Credit: DMRC