Share with your network
Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) has invited open e-tenders, in Single Stage Two Packet System for Construction of embankment, minor bridges, RUBs etc including supply of P-Way items & track laying for providing connectivity between chainage 5.2 km (on New Rewari – Kishangarh Balawas connecting line) to IR Kumbhawas station under jurisdiction of CGM/JP.
- Tender Reference Number: JP-EN-REJN-KMBHS-Con-Line
- Name of Work: Construction of embankment, minor bridges, RUBs etc including supply of P-Way items & track laying for providing connectivity between chainage 5.2 km (on New Rewari – Kishangarh Balawas connecting line) to IR Kumbhawas station under jurisdiction of CGM/JP.
- Tender Value: INR 1,25,23,17,120 Crore
- EMD: INR 64,11,600 Lakh
- Completion Period: 15 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 28th November, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 28th December, 2022
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 06th December, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 14th December, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 28th December, 2022
- Tender Opening Date: 28th December, 2022
Dedicated Freight Corridor:
- Eastern DFC Route will be approximately 1839 Km long from Dankuni to Ludhiana via Dankuni – Asansole – Dhanbad – Gaya – Sonnagar – Mughalsarai – Allahabad – Kanpur – Tundla – Aligarh – Khurja – Bulandshahr – Meerut – Saharanpur – Ambala – Ludhiana.
- Western DFC Route will be approximately 1520 Km long from Dadri to JNPT via Rewai – Iqbalgarh – Vadodara- JNPT.
- Proposed alignment of DFC has been generally kept parallel to existing Indian Railway lines except provision of detours at some stations where the existing yards /cities are congested . Level Crossings (LC’s) are generally unsafe locations and also a congestion point for road/rail‟s users.
- These LC’s are operational bottlenecks for Railways /DFCCIL in terms of loss in punctuality and reduction in line capacity. Construction of ROB(s)/ RUB(s) is financially and operationally beneficial apart from the fact that it improves the safety of Rail / Road users.
Scope of Work:
- On behalf of DFCCIL, Chief General Manager, Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited, C-16, Khushi Vihar, Patrakar Colony, Mansarovar, Jaipur302020, India hereinafter referred to as ‘DFCCIL’ is inviting e-tenders from Firms/ Companies/Joint Ventures having requisite experience and financial capacity for execution of the following work:
- Construction of Embankment, Minor Bridges, RUBs etc including Supply of P-Way Items & Track Laying for providing Connectivity between chainage 5.2km (on New RewariKishangarh Balawas Connecting line) to IR Kumbhawas station under Jurisdiction of CGM/JP.
- Ballast supply
- Construction of RUBs
- Construction of Minor brides
- Supply of P. Way material (excluding Rails, PSC sleepers (ordinary & turnouts).
- Linking of track and turnouts including making fit for passage of trains.
- Other Misc Work
- Rails, PSC Sleepers & Turnouts sleeper shall be supplied by DFCCIL for this work.
- The tender shall be governed by General Conditions of Contract (GCC), Preamble and General Instructions to Tenderers (ITT) and Special Conditions of Contract (SCC). Wherever, there is a conflict in any condition between GCC and Special Conditions of Contract mentioned in the tender documents, the condition mentioned in Special Conditions of Contract will prevail.
- However, the Engineer’s decision in this connection shall be final and binding. Tender document contains General Conditions of Contract and Special Conditions of Contract specific to this work and shall be applicable in the contract.
- The work includes rail connectivity between take off points at chainage: 5200 (on REJN-KGBS line) to IR Kumbhawas station under the jurisdiction of Chief General Manager /DFCCIL/Jaipur Unit.
- However, DFCCIL reserves the right to change the site of work anywhere in the adjacent / adjoining area of the work, the contractor shall be bound to execute the work without any extra cost.
Drawings for the Work:
- The Drawing for the work can be seen in the office of the Chief General Manager/ DFCCIL/Jaipur at any time during working hours during working days. The drawings are only for the guidance of Tenderer(s).
- Detailed working drawings (if required) based generally on the drawing mentioned above, will be given by the DFCCIL or its representative from time to time.
- The contract shall be governed by the Railway‟s General Conditions of contract Indian Railways code for the Engineering department, Indian Railways permanent way manual, Indian Railways track manual, schedule of dimensions and the standard specification for track materials and works. In case of contradictions the clause under these special conditions and specifications shall prevail.
- The tenderer in their own interest should visit the site of work with the concerned Executive/APM/DPM or with their authorised representative after fixing an appointment with them in advance and ascertain the nature and quantum of work, site conditions, availability of approach roads, availability of labour, water, electricity, land for labour camps etc.
- The contractor shall not start any work on the track under traffic conditions without the presence of the Railway‟s supervisor at site. In case the contractor or His representative starts any work in absence of the supervisor, it shall be treated as unauthorised and illegal tampering with the track and shall be liable for action under the Indian Railway Act.
- In case any train is detained at the approach of work site or at a station on account of its passage being considered unsafe by Railways supervisor due to bed workmanship of contractor or the track parameters being unsatisfactory for safe passage of trains or due to the contractor leaving the work unfinished or due to work being delayed by the contactor, the railway shall be entitled to recover detention charges form contractor‟s bills or security deposit or any other dues and other dues etc. at the rate of Rs.5,000/- per hour of detention or part thereof for each train so detained. Detention to trains as determined by the Railway shall be final and binding upon the contractor.
- Notwithstanding the provision of clause 62 general conditions of contract, the Railway reserves the right to terminate the contract with immediate effect if the contractor is found responsible for any breach of rule which affects the safe running of trains without giving any notice to the contractor.
- In case an accident occurs at the work site the findings of the enquiry committee set up by the Railway to investigate the cause of the accident shall be final and binding on the contractor. If the contractor is held responsible for the accident, the contact is liable to be terminated, forthwith notwithstanding the provision of the general conditions of contract.
- Irrespective of invoking provision of clause 6 as above-mentioned or otherwise, penalty up to an upper limit of 10% of the cost of the work may be imposed in case an accident occurs due to contractor‟s negligence as decided by the competent authority/Engineer in charge.
- The Contractor shall co-ordinate during the planning and execution of works with designated Contractors for other related activities e.g. signals, overhead electric traction, power supply distribution, communication, SCADA etc. for construction of the complete system of Dedicated Freight Corridor.
- The installation of all machinery and equipment shall be undertaken at all times by suitably trained and competent employees of the Contractor and to the satisfaction of the Engineer.
- The Contractor shall, prior to starting any installation and construction work, identify any possible hazards, and implement measures of eliminating and/or controlling such potential hazards, in line with safe working practices.
- The Contractor shall require access to information as well as to various locations at stations/depots/tracks/bridges etc. of Indian Railways/DFCCIL in stages.
- Written request regarding access to any information shall be given by the Contractor to the engineer sufficiently in advance for arranging the same as available.
- The Contractor shall plan out in consultation with other designated contractors the number and location of the access points and shall submit the same to the Engineer at least two months in advance.
- The Track construction work pertaining to this contract shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Survey on site, based on technical requirements shown in this contract and the Drawings.
- Finalization of the construction and installation program.
- Construction and Installation in accordance with the finalized construction Drawings.
- Co-ordination with various designated contractors.
- Obtaining clearances from various stakeholders and authorities, if required.
- Submission of the construction and installation reports and records.
- Production of documents, calculation sheets and records.
- Prior to the commencement of construction operations, the Contractor shall obtain all necessary clearances from the concerned authorities.
- All P-Way fittings shall be procured from an RDSO approved firm and confirming to RDSO drawing mentioned in the list of RDSO drawings in this chapter above.
- The materials are to be purchased from RDSO approved Part I vendors only.
- All articles supplied by Contractor shall be as per the description and quality and in strict accordance with the specification
- The material must conform to relevant RDSO specifications.
- Inspection charges of P-Way fittings to nominated inspecting agencies shall be borne by Manufacturer/Contractor.
- The tenderer must have successfully completed or substantially completed any one of the following categories of work(s) during last 07 (seven) years, ending last day of month previous to the one in which tender is invited:
- Three similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 30% of advertised value of the tender, or
- Two similar works each costing not less than the amount equal to 40% of advertised value of the tender, or
- One similar work costing not less than the amount equal to 60% of advertised value of the tender.
- New track construction work including embankment, minor bridge, RUBs, supply of P-Way items & track laying.
- In case of tenders for composite works (e.g. works involving more than one distinct component, such as Civil Engineering works, S&T works, Electrical works, OHE works etc. –and in the case of major bridges – substructure, superstructure etc.) – (Not Applicable for this Tender).
- For subletting of work costing up to Rs 50 lakh, no previous work experience of a subcontractor shall be asked for by the DFCCIL.
- In case after award of contract or during execution of work it becomes necessary for contractor to change subcontractor, the same shall be done with subcontractor(s) fulfilling the requirements as per clause 7 of the Standard General Conditions of Contract, with prior approval of DFCCIL in writing.
The Tender document can be downloaded from IREPS website www.ireps.gov.in and DFCCIL’s website www.dfccil.com
Source: DFCCIL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): DFCCIL
Be the first to comment