The DFCCIL (Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited) Client has invited proposals to provide the following consulting services (hereinafter called “Services”): Social & Environmental Safeguard Monitoring and Review (SESMR) for 5 Qtrs (April, 2021 to June, 2022) for EDFC-2 Project section from Bhaupur to DDU (393 Km) for DFCCIL through Direct RFP.
The DFCCIL (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has received financing from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) (the “Bank”) in the form of a “loan” (hereinafter called “loan” toward the cost of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor Project-3. The Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited, an implementing agency of the Client, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this loan to eligible payments under the contract for which this Request for Proposals is issued.
- RFP No.: HQ/SEMU/SESMRC/EDFC-2/2021
- Name of Assignment: Social & Environmental Safeguard Monitoring and Review (SESMR) for 5 Qtrs (April, 2021 to June, 2022) for EDFC-2 Project section from Bhaupur to DDU for DFCCIL (393 Km).
About The project:
- Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Ltd. (DFCCIL) is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) of the Ministry of Railways, Government of India entrusted with the responsibility to plan and implement Dedicated Freight Corridor Projects across the country, including the Western DFC connecting Delhi with Mumbai and Eastern DFC connecting Ludhiana with Kolkata.
- DFC is implementing the Eastern DFC project from Ludhiana to DDU with the assistance of the World Bank in three Phases.
- EIA and SIA studies have been carried out and RAP has also been prepared and disclosed to PAPs.
- EDFC-2 is in advance stage of implementation.
- This assignment intends to ensure continuity of SESMRC services as per World Bank’s Policy.
Objective of the Assignment is to carry out a quarterly review, monitoring and quality audit of social and environmental safeguard activities being implemented in the project and provide specific recommendations to mitigate the issues identified during the review period.
Scope of Work:
The activities would include but not limited to social and environmental safeguard management activities associated with land acquisition, compensations, R&R policies, delivery of entitlements, Environmental Management Plan, Information disclosure, grievance redressal mechanism, communication, gender based violence etc. for the project section.
- The duration of services will be 15 months and include site visits, preparation of Quarterly Progress Reports (QPRs), Yearly Safeguard Review Report or Annual Report (YSRP/AR).
- The Consultants will visit the project sites, make use of available documents, reports, and its interactions with DFCCIL officials and other implementing agencies and PAPs /PAFs during the monitoring process; check compliance w.r.t. the RAP & EMP document; and flag any outstanding issues which may affect the quality or pace of the implementation process from social, environmental & / or regulatory requirements.
- During the site visit, the Consultants will also have to ascertain satisfaction and concern regarding the implementation process.
- One of the important tasks of the consultants shall be to verify whether the pre-determined tasks are completed prior to the handing over of the encumbrance free stretches to the contactors for initiating construction work.
- The consultants shall provide options and advice in accordance to the policy provisions on any additional land acquisition, resettlement impacts, environment management activities w.r.t air, water, noise, soil, flora etc. as would be encountered during the implementation.
Deliverable and Timelines:
The assignment shall be carried out for the balance construction period of the project (15 Months) from April, 2021 to June, 2022. Following are the deliverables for EDFC-2.
- Inception Report: To be submitted within two weeks of commencement of the project, out lining the detailed approach and methodology, schedule of monitoring surveys and field activities.
- Quarterly Review Report: To be submitted within two weeks of the previous quarter presenting the details of review and recommendations for the addressing various issues identified.
- Annual reports and Final Completion report: Annual reports to be submitted within four weeks of completion of Social and Environmental Management activities after completion of one year. Final completion report to be submitted within four weeks of completion of Social and Environmental Management activities after completion of 15 months, clearly summarizing the status.
Source: DFFCIL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): DFCCIL