Share with your network
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for the development of an indigenous Communication Based Train Control system (i-CBTC).
- DMRC is developing this indigenous Communication Based Train Control system with BEL and C-DAC as part of the ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government of India under the aegis of Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- Shri Om Hari Pande (Director, Electrical) DMRC and Shri Manoj Jain, Director (R&D) BEL exchanged the MoU in the presence of senior officials of both DMRC and BEL at Metro Bhawan.
- The Communication Based Train Control Signalling technology i.e. CBTC is being widely adopted by most of the countries around the globe specially for its feature of moving blocks which allows high frequency of trains.
- Being the latest technology in the field of Metro train signalling, CBTC promises efficient use of Metro infrastructure providing safe operations.
- It is a major step towards the development of an indigenously built signaling system in India and a big step towards achieving self-reliance in Metro Signaling & Train Control Systems.
- This will facilitate and foster innovation, enhance local skill, reduce deployment cost of Metros and lead to evolution of expertise within the country in the field of train control signaling systems.
- DMRC and BEL have also jointly developed the i-ATS (indigenous Automatic Train Supervision System) which is currently under implementation stage.
Source: DMRC- Press Release | Images Credit: DMRC
Be the first to comment