Maha Metro, Managing Director, Dr. Brijesh Dixit has been selected for the prestigious `Construction World Person of the Year 2020’. The award is being given by Foundation of Infrastructure Research Studies Training (FIRST) Construction Council – a registered non-profit trust and a think tank, promoting the cause of construction industry. The award – Construction Word Person of the Year – is presented to a person who has made remarkable achievements in the year and through his efforts has propelled his company and the industry forward. The virtual award presentation ceremony would be held on 16th October 2020 at 5 pm.
- Dr Dixit’s name was finalised by a 7-member jury comprising Shri Benjamin Breen, Managing Director, Asia Pacific Global Head of Construction, Project Management Institute, Shri Vipul Roongta, Managing Director and CEO, HDFC Capital Advisors, Shri Pradeep Singh, Former Vice Chairman, IDFC Projects, Shri Vijay Agrawal, Executive Director, Equirus Capital, Shri RK Narayan, COO, Allcargo Logistics Park Pvt Limited, Shri Mohamed Ali Janah, President, IFAWPCA,Maldives and Shri Farid Ahmed, Divisional Head Marketing – OHT, Apollo Tyres.
- The award is being presented to Dr Dixit for a number of achievements, which he as a team leader, has scripted for Maha Metro’s Nagpur and Pune projects.
- Commercial services have now been started (temporarily stopped due to Covid-19 outbreak) on 2 out of 4 routes.
- The two operational lines cover a distance of 25 km and have been completed in 50 months.
- In Pune 15 km of viaduct, 2 km tunnel (TBM method) completed in record 36 months.
- Pune Metro also completing 60 % work of ten elevated metro stations which effectively means that every two months one km of track work was completed.
- This is one of the fastest executions of Metro projects across the country.
- Maha Metro also undertook `Trial Run’ at Pune & Nagpur in just 30 months in 2017.
- This was nothing short of a record of having accomplished such task in a record time frame. That’s not all.
- While Covid-related lockdown had adversely impacted work across the country, Maha Metro, despite the workers’ crunch, successfully completed work on 4 Metro Stations, which are ready to serve passengers now.
- Maha Metro has bagged a number of awards under the leadership of Dr Dixit.
- Some of these awards include one for Bentley Year in Infrastructure Award 2017, SAP Ace Award in 2018, and ICI (Nagpur) UltraTech Award-2019.
- Maha Metro also bagged first prize in the four successive Urban Mobility India (UMI) conferences for its innovative exhibits.
- Maha Metro was registered in Limca Book of Records and India Book of Records for formation of Human chain of Metro employees to underline its commitment towards safety on World Safety day.
- Maha Metro stations have been awarded Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) platinum ratings.
- Maha Metro Nagpur project was conferred with ISO 14001 – 2015 certification for environmental management system.
- Maha Metro is one of the few organizations which has bagged so many awards over the years.
- Hence it is obvious that the leader of such an organization would be selected for such an award.
- The speed and quality of work executed by Maha Metro has been acknowledged and appreciated by one and all.
- This also differentiates Maha Metro with other similar projects going around in the country.
- This was again the reason why the Government of Telangana sought the help of Maha Metro to start Metro project in Warangal, in their state.
- Thus, Dr Dixit’s efforts and contribution towards promoting overall growth of Pune & Nagpur Metro Rail work has been acknowledged by the FIRST Construction Council, who chose him for the award.
- Dr Dixit has dedicated his award to Team Maha Metro, which includes officials, employees, and consultants, contractors for the tireless and sincere efforts they have put in for the Maha Metro project all these years.
Source: Pune Metro-Press Release