Dr. D. J. Pandian, I.A.S., (Rtd), Vice President for Investment Operations South and South East Asia of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) visited CMRL headquarters at Koyambedu on 10-08-2021. During the visit, Dr. D. J. Pandian was given a short presentation on the CMRL project and its facilities.
- Pradeep Yadav, I.A.S., Managing Director of CMRL explained the present status of the ambitious CMRL Phase-II project, especially the proposed AIIB funded civil elevated packages of Corridor 4 and balance of Corridor 5.
- The Vice President of AIIB also visited the Operational Control Centre (OCC) of CMRL Depot at Koyambedu and undertook a Metro Train ride from Koyambedu Metro to Puratchi Thalaiavar Dr M.G. Ramachandran Central Metro Station.
- Amit Kumar, Senior Investment Operations Specialist, AIIB, Tmt. Sujatha Jayaraj, Director (Finance), Rajesh Chathurvedi, Director (System and Operations), T. Archunan, Director (Projects), CGM’s, GM’s and other Senior Officials of CMRL were present during the occasion.
Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) has been operating its passenger services from 21st June 2021 post lockdown imposed by Government of Tamil Nadu due to COVID-19 pandemic. Presently CMRL is operating its Metro Train Services with 50% capacity as per the instructions of Government of Tamil Nadu.
- A total of 22,02,045 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 21.06.2021 to 31.07.2021.
- A total of 3,55,579 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trains from 21.06.2021 to 30.06.2021.
- A total of 18,46,466 passengers have travelled in the Metro Trainsfrom 01.07.2021 to 31.07.2021.
- On 26.07.2021 a maximum of 74,380 passengers used the Metro Trains to commute.
- In the month of July, 2021 a total of 30,160 passengers have utilised the QR Code ticketing system, while 10,06,615 passengers have used Travel Card Ticketing System.
- CMRL offers a 20% discount on QR Code ticketing namely Single Journey Q.R Ticket, Return Journey Q.R Ticket, Group Q.R Ticketand Q.R Trip passes from 11.09.2020.
- 20% discount fares on using Metro Train Travel Cards from 22.02.2021.
- In addition, a penalty of Rs.200/-is being imposed for not properly wearing Face Masks in Metro Trains and MetroStations.
- So far a total of 102 passengers have been levied penalty from 21.06.2021 till 31.07.2021 for non-adherence and a sum of Rs.20,400 has been collected as penalty.
Covid-19 Safety measures undertaken by CMRL:
- All Passengers and Staff are screened at the entrance of Metro Stations through Thermal Scanning.
- Only asymptomatic passengers are allowed to enter into the metro stations. Guidelines for Do’s and Don’ts have been put up at all Metro Stations for creating awareness among passengers.
- Crowd Control/Platform Management Staff have been deployed in Stations and Suitable markings like “X” have been indicated on alternate seats both in trains and platforms to ensure social distancing.
- Avoid unnecessary travel outside your home.
- It is mandatory to wear face masks at all Metro Station Premises and inside Metro Trains.
- Passengers are requested to maintain social distancing while waiting in the Metro Stations and during travelling in Metro Trains and request all passengers to co-operate in the fight against the spread of Covid 19.
Source: CMRL-Press Release