Despite lockdown due to the Covid-19 outbreak, Indian Railways has maintained supply of essential commodities throughout the country. Railways is also running Shramik Special Trains and some Special trains including few intra-state train services so that essential travel needs of our passengers are fulfilled.
To protect passengers and its staff, East Coast Railway has taken several precautionary safety measures:
- On-board staff have been provided and adviced to use Face Masks, Face Seals, Hand Gloves, shoes to protect their body , apart from frequent hand washing by sanitiser.
- They have also been advised to maintain distance as fas as possible when performing duties and be alert all the time.
- During sanitisation of the coaches, Housekeeping staff are using disinfectants to clean berths, floor, toilet etc thoroughly.
- Common Touch points like door handle, Water tap etc are being disinfected frequently.
- Loco cabins and Guard vans are also sanitised completely before commencing the journey.
- Apart from this, East Coast Railway has provided proper quarantine facilities, including Quarantine coaches for its staff who complete their duty.
- They are provided with all the basic needs in these quarantine facilities with proper hygiene and sanitation so that staff don’t feel any difficulty during their stay in Quarantine facilities.
- If any on-board staff reports some symptoms, his swab is collected and he is provided with all the medical care.
- For the awareness of the staff, they are also provided with all the Precautions and guidelines to be followed.
- Free Sanitiser Dispenser Machines have been installed at various Stations including Bhubaneswar Station.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) based Thermal Scanning Body Imaging Cameras have also been installed at various places including Bhubaneswar and Visakhapatnam Stations to check the body temperature of passengers and staff.
According to the guidelines of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt of India, East Coast Railway has taken elaborate steps to maintain hygiene in Railway premises. To restrict the spread of COVID-19 disease, East Coast Railway is observing hygiene protocols at various Stations, Trains and circulating areas of Station including Platforms. Sanitisation of other railway premises is also being done as and when required.
Source: East Coast Railway-Press Release